5.4 KB · Views: 131
  • New Kingdom unit_32.pcx
    8.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Early Iron Egypt.pcx
    6.7 KB · Views: 79
  • EliteEgyptArcher-32.pcx
    1.4 KB · Views: 65
... and the Ptolemaic period:

These guys had Greek origins, so I'm moving to Greece and starting with Myceneans:

Attachments

• Ptolemaic Period.pcx
    9.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Myceneans units_32.pcx
    10.3 KB · Views: 78
And here are their descendants, the early Greeks:

and the Classic Greeks, Atheneans in the first row, Spartans in the second row:

I just finished the Macedonians:

Oh, I forgot to say all these icons are in alphabetical order, just like you can find them after downloading Sandris' packs.

Attachments

• Early Greek units_32.pcx
    10.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Classic Greek units_32.pcx
    15.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Macedonians units_32.pcx
    8.7 KB · Views: 83
Alternately, you can comment on the DB entries with a link to the relevant file.

I don't think that's completely practical; people who read the threads don't tend (as far as I'm aware) to look at the download database comments, because they feel that any issues/additions would be brought up in the threads.

These are great, thanks a bunch. :D

I copy all the unit32 in a true colour Unit32.cpx large sheet, then I remove all the shadows, and I reduce the colours afterward to 160 colours (not using the civ coloured part of the palette)
So the Civ-colors are the first 96? I always assumed it was the first 16.

Alternately, you can comment on the DB entries with a link to the relevant file.
These are not in the DB for now, I'll keep posting them here until my custom big_unit_32 is ready to be put in there. Lately I've been thinking "where have the old big_unit_32 gone ?" :D and thought I could build my own with only custom icons in it (but with the first rows identical to the original one by firaxis). This thread would be practical for people who want to get the individual files.

EDIT: @WildWeazel: or do you mean I could comment in Sandris' DB entries ? I think I finally understood what you meant :D But would it be noticed by anyone ?

Here come the ennemies of Rome : Carthago, Persia, and Gauls

Once again, the units are in alphabetical order, so the Gallic Later Spearman comes before the Gallic Spearman, which may not seem logical historically speaking. Anyway you can change the order, it's easy :)

EDIT: added the Lybians, because there are only three of them and they were in the Maghreb Pack with Carthago.

Attachments

• Carthago_unit32.pcx
    9.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Persia_unit32.pcx
    19.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Gauls_unit32.pcx
    21.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Lybians_unit32.pcx
    4.1 KB · Views: 93
Wow. This is a lot of work, but very handy. I've been fixing unit_32s individually in my mod when I come across ones with palette problems and I have yet to add a lot of Sandris' units, so this will probably save me a lot of time. Great!:goodjob::)

Excellent job with these. Unit32's are often overlooked, but are quite important.

Perhaps you could make the units32 before Sandris releases his packs, so they could be included in the main downloads? Not sure how much logistical effort would be required to do so, but I'm thinking that once Steph makes the flc's, Steph could send you the Default.flc's, and then you could send them back before he uploads them. Just thinking outloud here of course.

I will try something anyway, but for these particular units I think it won't be easy. I'm going to focus on civ-colored / generic units for the ones to come, and finish the packs I have already started (Germans, medieval British...)

Anyway if Sandris or Steph want to send me the default storyboard for the coming units, I'd be happy to make alternative unit_32 files for them. If not I can still post them afterwards :)

I'm slowly continuing to work on these units_32. Here is the latest I did, to go with the Persian Bonus Pack, which can be found here. That's very few new units_32 icons, but I did them really quickly because I needed them. Hope you like them. As I did with other spearmen, I've cut the top of the spear so that the Immortals' dresses could be seen better after resizing the image.

Attachments

• Persian_Bonus_32.pcx
    3.7 KB · Views: 76
Woah, I totally missed this thread! The work is excellent and much appreciated. :worship:
It is perfectly acceptable to bump threads with new content. I don't think anyone would be annoyed by your good work. I know I'm not.
I concur.
I don't think that's completely practical; people who read the threads don't tend (as far as I'm aware) to look at the download database comments, because they feel that any issues/additions would be brought up in the threads.
I also concur.

I recently noticed I had forgotten to post one of the Roman units_32, the one corresponding to the "Late Republican Pack". I just uploaded it, you can find it in post #3. I also corrected the "Early Roman Units_32": the mounted units were missing (I had used the resized packs, and the mounted units weren't resized), and they were not exactly in alphabetical order.

Here is what they look like now:

Top Bottom