IMPORTANT: Server Problem (March 22, 2008)

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The CivFanatics server has some hardware problems and the server crashed at around 1:45 PM ET today.

The site and forum came back up around 4:15 PM, after our host Telefragged temporarily moved us to a different server.

In the mean time, we have temporarily disable forum attachment uploads and downloads database uploads. We will re-enable uploads as soon as we are back to our original server.

Thanks for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

EDIT: I have re-enabled forum attachments/downloads DB uploads, although we are not yet back to original server.

Thanks for informing us. Hope the server gets well soon.

I'm going to send the server a get well soon card and balloons. :)

When logging in, I get this message: "Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. <--->

Is this part of your serverproblems, thus nothing for me to worry about (i.e. just wait for you to fix your problem)?

When logging in, I get this message: "Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. <--->

Is this part of your serverproblems, thus nothing for me to worry about (i.e. just wait for you to fix your problem)?
I think that should be fixed now.

I get an error when trying to upload?
The upload failed! Upload error.

I get an error when trying to upload?
What's the file size? It's possible that on the new server, the upload size limit is different.

EDIT: I just checked and looks like it's set to 2 MB. I informed our host about it.

when i click upload, i get this warning:

vBulletin Message

garbageinhere, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
is this also part of the problem?
i also noticed that upload has been disabled for about a week, but i never got this warning, and i haven't exceed the limit upload, so what's wrong?

when i click upload, i get this warning:

is this also part of the problem?
i also noticed that upload has been disabled for about a week, but i never got this warning, and i haven't exceed the limit upload, so what's wrong?
That's normal. The Easy Upload remains disabled.

Ah, that sucks, but it's not the end of the world. I hope this isn't creating too much work for you guys :(

anyone notice how alot of sites are crashing (march 25)

ie. facebook, netflix and even civfanatics?

Top Bottom