Anyone have this graphical error, nvidia users?

redheadedfreak

Chieftain

I have an X2 4200+
2GB RAM
7800 GTX

Another user on another forum I go to has had this glitch with an nvidia card.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, I looked and didnt see anything that looked like this.

The glitch only happens when I zoom out that far.

my card: 6800GT

afaik this is caused by alt-tabbing at least once. i had this early on when i was doing such, but haven't seen it since.

everything seems to run perfectly with this card (w/ 2.4gz cpu+1 gb mem)...

***EDIT for 'just damn'; apparently posting this note caused the error to re-appear! i have no idea....

Are you using the updated driver or an old one. The older one seems to work better on my computer. NVIDIA GeForce4TI4600.

Mike

OP, you and I have VERY simliar machines. Try hitting the "globe view" just once while you're playing and this problem dissappears. The transition from regular view to globe still flickers a bit for me as the LOD is working itself out, but the lines go away. Kind of a PITA but oh well. At least everything else works.

btw I'm using 82.87betas on an x64 machine. It's not a driver issue AFAIK.

I have a GeForce4 MMX. I had a problem that was similar, and after a little investigation realized that not only Civ but even games that used to work fine were suddenly not working.

I rolled back the drivers which I had downloaded just before buying Civ, and now everything works fine.

bump. i was looking for someone with this problem. i have the exact same thing. i got a geforce 6800 standard with the latest official drivers. what drivers are you using loka? someone said this is caused by alt tabbing, but i think i get it without doing that.

Besides having CTD toward the end of the game I now have the min scrreen of the game suddenly defaults to the topography without any units or cities If you go into the city scrren the game hangs for various periods of time with the music still playing and finally at about 1950 AD on a huge map there is delay in moving from one unit to another After leaving the game and reaching the desktop the colors are distorted and the resolution has changed I running a Pentium IV 2.38GHx,1.0 Gig of Memory 256 nvidia GE force5700 with 256 memory and the 81.86 Drivers The sound card is a Santa Cruz Windows XP sp2 and the latest Direct X 9.0C
Obviously we are paying for Abeta version This game should not have been released No quality control as witnessed by the screwup of the Play Disc Its a shame The Game is actually good Sorenson and Sid must be embarrased

I ran across this one too. The first 2/3 or so of the game it was fine then this same horizontal banding kind of effect happened whenever I tried to zoom out too far.

6600 AGP w/ 256. Does it with 81.85 and 81.87 (beta) drivers. Multisamples 0x, graphics high, render & globe medium. 1280x1024 res.

Got this too. happened on both my work computer and home computer

7800GTX
2gb ram
81.85 nforce drivers

6600gt
1gb ram
81,85 nforce drivers

Will try the globe thing, but its happened in all the games I have played, all different map sizes etc. I will also try not alt tabbing, but that will be very annoying, cause I do it constantly. Report back this evening.

I had this once and it has not happened again.

6600gt
1gb RAM
81.85 nforce drivers

I have it, not constantly though, when I zoom out that far.

It is not because of alt-tabbing out because I never do that in this game, and yet I still have it.

6800GT OC - AGP
1Gb RAM
81.85 nForce

im having same issue but its through whole game including the opening video and there opening logo.

System I have is a

amd xp dual core 4200+

asua A8n sli premium

7800 gtx 256 evga

2 gigs of samsung dram master

Windows xp 64 bit

Ac97 sound

Dell 20” wide screen

Sound blaster xfi – disabled drivers not out yet for 64 bit os

Divx codec installed

Driver video card update to current
Sound drives updated to current
MB drivers updated to current
Windows xp 64 bit updated

Yep, I've got it. I first thought it was caused by AA settings, but then it started showing up without changes to the aliasing level.

Really bloody annoying.

Not to mention my Globe view runs no faster than 3 fps.

See this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133309

The nVidia problems include a wide range of graphics problems, including the dark terrain, but also the opening buttons not appearing, tiles getting weird pixelation like you show, and parts of the UI disappearing.

It's a pretty widespread problem. When will we hear from Firaxis?

Top Bottom