• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ModBuddy Upload Error - File Id?

Gangler

Chieftain
I'm getting an obscure error every time I try to upload my current project to the mod database- essentially, at the last wizard panel, it churns for a couple minutes and then indicates that the file id is -1 and invalid, and fails.

I've seen this in another (single) thread in CivFanatics, and nowhere else; the suggestions in that thread (renewing the mod id, logging in as a different user, rebuilding in various ways) did not work, nor did completely reconstructing the mod by copy+pasting file contents into new files in a completely new mod.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I too am getting the same error. I tried renaming the mod, building it differently, creating another GameSpy account, changing the id number, trying different categories, and removing brackets (<) from my Mod Info. Others are successfully publish mods. I have this sinking feeling that it might be because I used some new undocumented illegal character like a bang (!).

I do happen to have the game, SDK, and My Documents installed on my E: instead of C: drive. Could this be a similar issue to the problem where some mods need to be installed manually when anything other than C: is used?

[Solution Found]
The problem was, apparently, that the mod was just too big. It would have been nice to get an appropriate error message. In any case, once I compressed all the DOM, map, and atlas DDS files, the mod uploaded just fine.

[Solution Found]
The problem was, apparently, that the mod was just too big. It would have been nice to get an appropriate error message. In any case, once I compressed all the DOM, map, and atlas DDS files, the mod uploaded just fine.

It doesn't work for me :(

I get "Invalid ID" error also with compressed arts.
My mod isn't too large, as you see in the attachment below.

Any clues?

Attachments

• invalid ID.jpg
    invalid ID.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 495
Top Bottom