• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MoFA - Spotlight Discussion #7 - Russia

FortyJ

Deity
Once again, the purpose of this discussion is to assist this ministry in developing a cohesive foreign policy towards our fellow civilizations.

The spotlight turns towards Russia. The Russian people are considered both Expanionistic & Scientific. Their unique unit (Cossacks) is some time away. Nonetheless, they are located west of Japan and could be a helpful ally in a possible war with Japan.

Code:
[u]Civ[/u]		[u]Emb[/u]	[u]Diplomatic Status[/u]
Russia		69g	Peace ([color=orange]Annoyed[/color])

For simplicity's sake, I suggest we attempt to categorize our official policy in one of the following ways:
  • Gracious Ally - These nations are considered our most trustworthy allies. All trades are generally accepted and sometimes gifts are exchanged. We would gladly come to this nation's aid in a time of need.
  • Trading Partner - Practically all proposed deals are accepted. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Friend - Generally favorable opinion. Most trades are accepted unless not in our best interests. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Rival - Generally unfavorable opinion, but publicly treated as a Friend. Most trades are accepted unless not in our best interests. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes with this nation will not be accepted, and those against must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Foe - Generally unliked. Technologies are not proferred to this nation and most trade deals would be rejected unless we clearly benefit more. Embargoes are our prefered weapon against these nations, and Alliances and MPPs against this nation must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Hated Enemy - As the name implies, these nations would be our most hated enemies. No trades are offered or accepted. We would actively seek to establish Trade Embargoes against these nations whenever possible and all out war is preferred to peace.

I say Rival. This is Emperor Level. Let's find out if we can use the russians as a distraction for Japan or in some other way, before we realize that Katherine is the scum of the earth.

EDIT: I just re-read the descriptions again in the Iroquois thread. It says we can't have an alliance with a rival. I believe this should be changed. But until then I will change my assessment to friend here.

I say friend. They could potentially aid us in a war with Japan but eventually this is what will happen to them as will most other nations::nuke: :ripper: :rocket2: :sniper: :hammer: :tank: :ar15:

EDIT- We should take them out (if we do) when there cossack is obsolete because I've had bad experiences with Cossacks against me.

I would say friend since thay do not pose any significant threats to us. They are far away and there UU does not cone untill late in the middle ages. Once they get Military Tradition, then we should worry about changing our stance with them.

Top Bottom