• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MoFA - Spotlight Discussion #11 - France

FortyJ

Deity
The recent suspicious behavior of the Americans pulls the spotlight to the far east, over to France. The French people are considered both Commercial and Industrious. Their unique unit (Musketeer) is not likely to appear for several turns yet, but presents a formidable unit throughout the Middle Ages. They are located southeast of America and could be a valuable ally if we ever were to get involved in a conflict with the Americans.

Code:
[u][b]Civ[/b][/u]		[u][b]Emb[/b][/u]	[u][b]Diplomatic Status[/b][/u]	[u][b]Policy[/b][/u]
France		[color=red]54g[/color]	Peace ([color=orange]Annoyed[/color])
Once again, the purpose of this discussion is to assist this ministry in developing a cohesive foreign policy towards our fellow civilizations. For simplicity's sake, I suggest we attempt to categorize our official policy in one of the following ways:
  • Gracious Ally - These nations are considered our most trustworthy allies. All trades are generally accepted and sometimes gifts are exchanged. We would gladly come to this nation's aid in a time of need.
  • Trading Partner - Practically all proposed deals are accepted. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Friend - Generally favorable opinion. Most trades are accepted unless not in our best interests. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Rival - Generally unfavorable opinion, but publicly treated as a Friend. Most trades are accepted unless not in our best interests. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes with this nation will not be accepted, and those against must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Foe - Generally unliked. Technologies are not proferred to this nation and most trade deals would be rejected unless we clearly benefit more. Embargoes are our prefered weapon against these nations, and Alliances and MPPs against this nation must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Hated Enemy - As the name implies, these nations would be our most hated enemies. No trades are offered or accepted. We would actively seek to establish Trade Embargoes against these nations whenever possible and all out war is preferred to peace.

I would go Friend here, 40J. As you say, they would be a valuable ally in a conflict with America. We seem to have 2 rowdy Horseman from England just outside Padmativa. Maybe the French would help us keep the British in line, too.

France does not pose any significant cultural and military threat to us. We should have the French as our freind :)

Friend. France is usually the most helpful civ in any game, and is quick to forget any prior transgressions. :)

Friend. France poses no direct threat to us, they could be useful in a war against America, and (at least in my games) historically France is willing to forgive previous insults and give a helping hand.

Friend for the reasons other people said.

Then again.... if we made them enemies and killed one of their units, they'd probably surrender all their cities...... :)

J/K, just disregard that..... just checked the CFC homepage for the first time in a while and have the cartoon stuck in my head....

Yea, we should be friends with the French, like GM stated.

Gotta love the French......

"Today, the US announced intentions to go to war with Iraq. France, meanwhile, surrendered. However, it is believed that this announcement was intended only to scare Iraq and that the US is NOT going to war. France, meanwhile, will surrender...."

--Dave Barry column, annotated from memory

Yeah I think they are friends, but not in the game I am playing as the Scandinavians...

They sure don't have friends in my game! I destroyed everyone except the French, and am trying to destroy them too. :D

Top Bottom