Joao Spawns Barbarians As Colony

TheLastOne36

Deity
I'm serious, in my latest game (yes it was unrestricted leaders) Joao made a colony and it chose Sid Mier/"Barbarian" of the Byzantines!!!

Pic as Proof:

My game froze when i took the picture, (my computer has problems when i take pictures sometimes....) I'll try an autosave and see what happens!

Replayed, the autosave was set a few turns back, and this time it spawned Frederick of the Byzantines.... Bug?

Spawning another leader is not necesserelly a bug.

Spawning Sid is i think.

I always knew that Sid worked for the Portuguese ( Am I right? The colour looks that way ) governement :rotfl:

But seriously, I thinked that the Sid LH was almost completely blocked.... It shouldn't be acessible to unrestricted leaders. IMHO bug.

BTW Sid has what traits? Maybe the infamous Phi/Ind :lol: ?

Or, of course, the not-so-infamous-in-the-dark-compared-to-phi-ind Cre/Cha?

No traits. No messages. No nothing. but to bad i couldn't play with him... :( Frederick in my game is getting into a huge mess. Frederick made Brennus of teh Aztecs DoW on Joao, and joao is friendly with me and i feel bad refusing his "Go to war with the evil aztecs" thing... :(

While there in that mess, Hannibal of England is trying to destroy Victoria of Russia, and Ragnar of China DoW on Churchill of Rome, which destroyed Roosevelt of Japan early in the game with preats... Ninjemegan, this annoying dutch city on a 1 tile island next to me wouldn't get captured, so me and Williem fought a 500 year war over the Island. (damned amphibious promotion being to late in the promotion tree) The worst part of all, is that i have no good Production cities! on average, a musketman takes 15 turns to build :( Cause of that, i completely neglected militray afterwards, protected by my Hindu friends. :)

Yes i have Joao of Portugal, and Williem of Dutch in an unrestricted game. (did it on purpose cause it's Archipleago, wanted to see how'd they do.) And yes i'm Darius of HRE. and yes i founded hinduism which has a shrine which is producing about 40 gold :devil: What a fun game!

But back on topic, has anyone else ever had Sid spawn as a colony?

From the looks of the XML he has no traits at all. Poor guy.

From the looks of the XML he has no traits at all. Poor guy.

If this were my game, I'd demand incredibly overpowered traits! Like, all units get every promotion when created. +1200% production, research, commerce, food, culture, etc in every city. And, of course, a big, glowing "I WIN" button just ready to be pushed...

Darius of HRE is the way to go for an Unrestricted Leaders game. Good choice TLO36 :)

What strategy were you going for with 90% espionage? :confused:

i needed to see if Brennus was building stacks to attack joao and me... :p Also after the war with Williem, and all my ep points were gone, and i like having view of enemy cities. Later that strategy screwed me up as brennus got rifling before me.... :(

Hah i spawned Sid Mier of the Barbarians AGAIN through colonies! :D

Screenshot isn't good though. I'll try to get another screenshot next time i play.

Wow next time I spawn a colony I'm gona have to save right before and keep reloading till I get him :) Woot for Sid! Bigger Woot for Barbs!

Probably the barbs that have no traits, so Sid ends up without any, do you agree?

Top Bottom