• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Camera Viewpoint mod - doesnt change to top-down as soon when zooming out

DireAussie

Chieftain
I believe the camera is zoomed in too far by default, and changes to the useless top-down view far too quickly.

The following fix keeps the camera at the isometric view for longer while zooming out, thus you can see more of the world.

- open up the civilization4\assets\XML\misc\CIV4DetailManager.xml file

- update the following values in the file to the new ones (I've put the new values in bold).

Code:
	<Fader>
		<Name>DF_SKY</Name>
		<Key>8000, 0.00</Key>
		<Key>11400, 1.0</Key>
		<Key>%CAMERA_MAX_DISTANCE, 1.00</Key>
	</Fader>
	<Fader>
		<Name>DF_GLOBE_TERRAIN</Name>
		<Key>10800, 0.00</Key>
		<Key>11400, 1.00</Key>
	</Fader>

Err, can someone tell me the original numbers?

Now that I changed it, I have a phase of black globe when about reaching the globe view...
it may happen I would like to set it back...

Code:
	<Fader>
		<Name>DF_SKY</Name>
		<Key>5000, 0.00</Key>
		<Key>6400, 1.0</Key>
		<Key>%CAMERA_MAX_DISTANCE, 1.00</Key>
	</Fader>
	<Fader>
		<Name>DF_GLOBE_TERRAIN</Name>
		<Key>4800, 0.00</Key>
		<Key>6400, 1.00</Key>
	</Fader>

There you go.

Now that I changed it, I have a phase of black globe when about reaching the globe view...
it may happen I would like to set it back...

That happens :) You have to play with the numbers a bit to reduce it.

Sorry for this bit of thread necromancy, but has anyone figured out how to do this with warlords? I've had a search of the XML files, but these settings no longer seem to be used....

EW

Warlords has its own assets folder. Copy the edited file to Warlords\Assets\XML\Misc.

That's the first place I looked :)

Notice that the OP states to change the settings in the CIV4DetailManager.xml file. Warlords does not have this file.

Also note that it instructs to change the settings for DF_SKY and DF_GLOBE_TERRAIN - neither of which I can find in any XML file in the Warlords XML directory (although, I haven't checked every file, skipping obvious ones).

So, does anyone know where these settings have been moved? Or, if they've been replaced with something else? Or, perhaps if they've been hard-coded?

thanks
EW

Right, the file isn't there by default, so you'll need to copy it there yourself. I've done this, and it works.

Oh eggggcellent. Thanks for the help! :cool:

EW

The toip down view is far from useless.
It goes in a top down view just to keep the ammout of shown polygons down and the framerate up. While zooming out your horizon goes up, showing more but less detailed.

Top Bottom