Imperium Offtopicum VI

Hm. Seems like we'd get nowhere with that kind of set up. So I'll help return things back to normal by agreeing to the terms of white peace with the Horde. The Bund returns to Klein Venedig with the merchant shipments meant for Russia.

Hm. Seems like we'd get nowhere with that kind of set up. So I'll help return things back to normal by agreeing to the terms of white peace with the Horde. The Bund returns to Klein Venedig with the merchant shipments meant for Russia.

The Bund should stop by Havana for the Party! :)

The President of the NCR grows weary over the aggressiveness of the Horde.

The Ottoman Empire shall have peace with the Horde. In other news today, record low temperatures have been recorded in Hell. The damned take a break from eternal torture and have an ice skating competition.

The Cuban Empire has decided to maintain this war as long as it takes so that our allies in the Far East, Europe, and the Middle East do not have to worry about the Horde.
After a diplomatic discussion with the Horde (Which started with them demanding LP's in exchange for peace), we have come to the conclusion that they are not a threat to Great Japan nor her allies. Allthough not yet approved by the Executor as she is in Cuba getting hammered. I Vice-Executor Ilduce, ask that we stop this pointless war and bring peace back to the world.

The Ottoman Empire shall have peace with the Horde. In other news today, record low temperatures have been recorded in Hell. The damned take a break from eternal torture and have an ice skating competition.

:lol:

I'm going to take this post literally. :p

:lol: It took me waaaaaayy longer than it should have to get that. :sad:

Spain applaudes the international movement for peace, and hopes prosperity to all your nations, yada, yada, yada.

I would also like to announce that after what I have seen at the Democratic Conference in Berlin, I will try adopting some elements of a democracy. I'm going to take this process slowly, and keep a loophole so that I can take back absolute power if it is necessary, but I will try to not use that loophole. My primary concern is that most citizens are not intelligent enough to understand complex matters that the government goes through, so I am requiring all citizens to pass an IQ exam with an IQ above 130 to be allowed to vote. Effective next year, if someone fails this test three times in a row, they will lose their rights as citizens.
My first act is to make a Congress of 100 members, with each 1% of my population getting one representative for all of them. They will be elected by groupings that contain 1% of the population each, and only people in that group that pass the test will be allowed to vote. The Senate currently has very little power, but I will slowly increase it over time as they become more experienced.

My primary concern is that most citizens are not intelligent enough to understand complex matters that the government goes through, so I am requiring all citizens to pass an IQ exam with an IQ above 130 to be allowed to vote. Effective next year, if someone fails this test three times in a row, they will lose their rights as citizens.
ummm for IQ theres no real pass or fail and given that its a test for intelligence, not knowledge, its rare to see someone get varying results. 159, 157, 146. Those are the scores the 3 times I have taken an IQ test. Also some of the smartest people might just not follow politics.

I think rather then a IQ test it should be a politics test. Which if you can't answer some basic questions about how politics works, the major differences between the parties and the advantages and disadvantages of said parties then you should be able to vote.

who decides the advantages and disadvantages of each party?

Consider it an essay. Take this for an example of a question: Is X better then Y
You can then choose to say either yes or no and then explain why.
Like most Essay's it shouldn't matter which side you support, but as long as you can back your claims.

but who grades the essay?

ummm for IQ theres no real pass or fail and given that its a test for intelligence, not knowledge, its rare to see someone get varying results. 159, 157, 146. Those are the scores the 3 times I have taken an IQ test. Also some of the smartest people might just not follow politics.

I think rather then a IQ test it should be a politics test. Which if you can't answer some basic questions about how politics works, the major differences between the parties and the advantages and disadvantages of said parties then you should be able to vote.

You can pass and fail an IQ test. People who get 130 and above pass and can vote, those that cannot are not allowed to vote, and if they do not do something to improve it, lose thier status as citizens. I will keep the politics test in mind. Right now, I'm still in the very early phases of democracy and am still experimenting. Thank you for the input, though.

Update 2

AD 2103

Scenes of panic in Moscow with the disappearance of the Tsar.
The reformed Russian Empire lasted only for a little over a year
before collapsing at the threat of invasion by the Horde.

The first half of 2102 saw a seemingly unstoppable slide into a world war. Insults and provocations were traded between the capitals. Nations mobilized. International trade and travel came to a halt.

The world war was averted, and the Caribbeaners threw a party in Havana to celebrate. For a few months afterwards, everyone breathed easy again. But suddenly, just when a new era of peace and cooperation seems to be just over the horizon, a new conflict broke out.

Until recently the state of The Horde was a curiosity, a nation of modern nomads, armed with the latest in technology but living by the ancient traditions of the steppes. Then, border clashes between the nomads and the Russian Empire rapidly escalated into full-scale war. The Khan of the Horde proclaimed a war of extermination, and tens of thousands of warriors poured over the Russian border, to kill, to burn, to destroy. Shocked by the cruelty and violence of the Horde, many nations around the world announced their support for the Russians.

The Russian Emperor ordered an general evacuation of civilians from the war-zones. But a few days later he himself disappeared, leaving the beleaguered nation leaderless. Hoping to save themselves from the wrath of the Khan, the provinces broke from Moscow one by one and sued for peace. Within a month the Russian Empire has basically ceased to exist.

But the war did not end. The Empire of the Caribbean Sun has vowed to destroy the Horde, though neither has the capability to attack each other directly. Once again the world greets the New Year in fear of war.

Spoiler Map :

If your claims aren't included, this is because 1. you claimed too many provinces, 2. you couldn't claim because you were at war or suspended, or 3. I've missed them.

Espionage

Against Siberia
Spoiler :
An unknown nation funded rebels in Kamchatka, but the rebels were defeated.

Against Ottomans
Spoiler :
An unknown nation sabotaged the Ottoman Empire, which loses the ability to claim or attack this turn.
An unknown nation conducted counter-espionage against the Ottoman Empire, which loses the ability to conduct spy missions this turn.
An unknown nation funded rebels in the Ottoman Empire, and the rebels have taken control of East Anatolia.

Note: Farsight, you still have the ability to attack rebels within your own borders.

Against Australia
Spoiler :
Pacific Federation failed to fund rebels in Northern Territory.

Against Mongolia
Spoiler :
Brasil failed to steal plans from Mongolia.

Against the Horde
Spoiler :
Poland failed to fund rebels in the Horde
An unknown nation funded rebels in the Horde, but the rebels were defeated.

Against Caribbean Sun
Spoiler :
The Horde failed to fund rebels in Caribbean Sun

Against Brasil
Spoiler :
Mongolia failed to fund rebels in Rio de Janeiro

All other actions last turn failed but were not discovered.

GM Comment:

Tip: the more LPs you spend, the less you have to defend against your enemies and rebels.

Tip: Rebels will not attack any other state except the one they're rebelling against, unless that state intervened in the rebellion, in which case it's fair game.

If you are sabotaged, you can't attack another nation's province but you can still attack rebels in your own borders.

When donating LPs, please send it to both the recipients and myself at the same time.

A few players will receive PMs. If there are mistakes in this update, drop me a message and I'll look at it.

It is now Turn 3 (AD 2103)

Domination3000 is suspended for this turn.

The Caliphate:
We are very considered about the rebellion in turkey because it might spread to us, we will do everything in our power to help, and don't worry I shall still respect the agreement and we shall not cross into you SOI

We also openly support war against the Horde, a picture from Iran, our units at the ready

In other news:
The government has regulated that all new buildings most meet the following standards so we can use our richness of the sun, and all older buildings must meet the requirements in 5 years because the Holy Qur'an says "If a Muslim plants a tree or sows a field and men and beasts and birds eat from it, all of it is charity on his part."

The Caliphate:
We are very considered about the rebellion in turkey because it might spread to us, we will do everything in our power to help, and don't worry I shall still respect the agreement and we shall not cross into you SOI

Here's the twist:

Rebels will not attack any other state except the one they're rebelling against, unless that state intervened in the rebellion, in which case it's fair game.

Top Bottom