Rabbit and Sea Lion Resource

SaibotLieh

Emperor
I've uploaded two resources, Rabbits and Sea Lions:
Spoiler :

(Of course the ones on the left are the sea lions ;))

Download Link Rabbits: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16658

Download Link Sea Lions: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16659

In fact the Rabbits were just a test for getting to know the basics of resource making. Since I didn't know how to combine kf files at that time, only one rabbit is moving at the same time. Still they came out quite nice, maybe somebody has some use for it.

The Sea Lions were my original target and I had to learn how to combine kf files first to make their animation halfway decent. All three sea lions are moving at the same time, and two of them have some variaty in their movement.

Both resources come with buttons and snippets of graphics that can be used for the dreadful gamefonts.

Enjoy! :)

Nice resources SabotLieh!:goodjob:

Both resources are very nice SaibotLieh!!
Thx for making them

Very nice! Would it be possible to add tusks to the seals and turn them into walruses? To revive the old glacier resource from Civ2. :D

I second this, we could also use walruses in RFCE
Though I'm not sure how hard it is to make those changes to converted resources...

Thanks for the praises everyone, and here, as request, the walrus resource:
Spoiler :

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16681

This was rather easy, because the original model already had tusks. It also has horns by the way, but I guess nobody wants them, too, right? ;)

By another way, if somebody feels that the polycount is a bit too large, the resources can be used none the less by deleting some of meshes. However, I would recommend to only delete the Sea_Lion_03 / the Rabbit_02 and Rabbit_04 meshes. Otherwise, there might be some strange effects, because I had to cheat a little bit to give the animals some variation in their animation. :mischief:

Thanks, it's perfect!
You work fast on requests, aren't you? :D

Thank you very much for Walrus.

I have Walrus resource as a sea IVORY_YIELD in my mod for CivIVColonization and up to now I used all icons from real walrus, but the whale animation.

Very hope that your "Walrus resource" will also work in CivIVColonization. I will try....

Actually if you have the version with horns I would like it. ;)
Okay, can do. It will look like this then:
Spoiler :

Should it still be a resource or would it be better to make a unit out of it? An additional tutu would take a bit more time thou. ;)
Thank you very much for Walrus.

I have Walrus resource as a sea IVORY_YIELD in my mod for CivIVColonization and up to now I used all icons from real walrus, but the whale animation.

Very hope that your "Walrus resource" will also work in CivIVColonization. I will try....
I hope so, too. Please report back if it worked.
great job!
Thanks. :)

Also, a request: On the offchance that you're going to convert more resources from that game. :lol:

Any serpent models would be HUGELY appreciated; No decent snake animation exists. Barring that, this one would work too: http://atlantica.wikia.com/wiki/Small_Water_Dragon

Need it as a mount for an aquatic race; May not be used in "realistic" mods, but it would be snatched up by fantasy ones. ;)

A tutorial on how to convert units would be much appreciated as well... Then we don't have to make requests. :p

I think that's my new record at how fast I complete requestes. :lol:

I'll try to get the walrus-monster-thing working next. Resource should be easy, making a unit shouldn't be much of a problem either, but takes a while to do.

If you want to try converting units yourself you could see how far you get using Deliverator's Converting Units from Kohan II tutorial. It should be basically the same, since Kohan and AO both use nifs and kfs. I'll see if I find the motivation to write a tutorial myself, but I wouldn't count on it in the near future. :blush:

Top Bottom