Derf's RifE Modules

Derf

Modular Mushroom
Alright, during the short time of no uploads to the CFC site, I got a little bored and made a number of modules. So instead of having to go hunting for threads either here or on the RifE forums, this thread is intended to collect them all in one place, gather changelogs and so on.

Important note for Ashes of Erebus (AoE) users!
Except where noted, none of these modules have been tested or updated to work with Ashes of Erebus! For AoE compatible versions, please go here.

The following modules already have threads, and the links point to those threads instead:

Claimable Tower of Eyes
Current version: 0.12
Description: Allows you to claim the Tower of Eyes feature just like a fort. Now wait 30 turns after capturing, and it'll upgrade and gain a cultural radius.

Hell Stables from WM/MoM
Current version: 0.11
Description: Brings the Hell Stable from Master of Mana to RifE, taking one food from a city but providing two nightmares. Requires Infernal Pact.

Modules below each have their own post (or will shortly) later in this thread. The links lead directly to the related post for easier navigation.

Arcane Forge from WM/MoM
Current version: 0.10
Description: Brings the Arcane Forge from Master of Mana to RifE. Replaces forge, gives happiness from enchantment mana, and gives all applicable units built in, or passing through the city the Enchanted Blade promotion.

Fort Fixes
Description: Commander II (and equivilent) promotions weren't being applied to the Fort Commanders on the Tower of Eyes. This fixes that, and also makes the Rinwell Isle specific Water Walking promotion work regardless of which of the three Rinwell Isles there are.
Note: This module requires the Claimable Tower of Eyes module to work, but does not list it as a dependency because it can be loaded in any order. This module only affects the promotions, not the Tower of Eyes itself, so they can safely be loaded in any pass - other modules notwithstanding

Luchuirp Worker
Description: Kilmorph taught the Luchuirp what they'd forgotten, living in mines and such. This simply gives their Mud Golems the Dwarven Worker promotion, allowing them to build Dwarven Mines so they still don't forget what she taught them.
(They can still build regular mines as well though, unlike the Khazad)

Refugee Worker
Description: A simple module that allows the Grigori refugees to upgrade to workers. For those times you just want to press them into working for the improvement of the empire.

More Arcane
Description: This WIP module is an attempt to teach Arcane units how to ride a horse. No, seriously.
It is available for testing but needs rebalancing in several areas, along with getting the units on the right techs. Feel free to pitch in and ask for other arcane unit ideas - mounted or not.
(This module is not currently on the RiFE modules page)

Arcane Forge from WM/MoM

Replaces forge, and gives happiness from Enchantment Mana. Units built in or passing through the city will be given the Enchanted Blade promotion, if eligible for it.

Attachments

• Arcane_Forge-0.10.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 241
Fort Fixes

Fort Commanders, and their respective equivilents where replaced, will now gain the Commander II promotion on the Tower of Eyes.
Any unit on Rinwell Isle is now guaranteed to get the Water Walking promotion from it.

This module does require the Claimable Tower of Eyes module to function, but does not list it as a dependency. The two can both be loaded in any pass, though other modules may require this to be changed.

Attachments

• fort_fixes-0.10.zip
    12 KB · Views: 194
Luchuirp Worker

The Luchuirp were taught by Kilmorph what they'd forgotten during the Age of Ice. This lets them keep on remembering, and allows them to construct Dwarven Mines just like the Khazad.
They can still build normal mines and other improvements as well.
Note that the 'm' hotkey for workers will default to the standard mine before the Dwarven Mine because of this.

0.12 Changelog: Khazad workers should now be able to build Dwarven Mines again.

Attachments

• luch_worker-0.11.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 117
  • luch_worker-0.12.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 151
Refugee Worker

Allows the Grigori Refugee to upgrade to a worker. 'nuff said.
Mostly made so you can take advantage of the racial bonuses to the work rate, as refugees sometimes gain a random race.

Attachments

• refugee_worker-0.10.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 159
Right! I'm done for now. All the modules have their entries on the official list of modules, so your RifE Launchers will be able to let you know if I've updated any of them.
If I can figure out how to get the link for a specific post, I'll add the links for the modules available in-thread.

Well, they can, but for me the option only appeared on a hill that was within two tiles of a Dwarven Mine. I experimented a little with removing that distance requirement, and regular mine never showed up at all.

Hmm, odd. Theoretically, it shouldn't do that.
Will haul out ye olde Windows and have a look into this.
It probably won't make any difference, but is this on the public or development SVN versions?

public SVN version - I first wondered why my dwarven workers couldn't build their dwarven mines - then I disabled just the luchiurp worker module and loaded the same save and suddenly it allowed me to promote the workers to the dwarven worker promotion...

I've uploaded a new version that *should* fix it. Due to some stupid mistakes when I put Linux on this computer, I've gone made Windows unbootable, so it hasn't been tested.
All I've done is add the line that should mean Khazad workers are now re-eligible for the promotion.

I thought the way modular XML worked was that you only had to define what was added, but apparently in this case it doesn't quite work the same way.
Anyway, enjoy.

Just whant to mention Fort Fixes in the first posting linkes to the Arcane Forge Posting (You mentioned I should try this fix, hopefull this mods still work even if they are over 1 year old and RifE changed to 1.4 by now)

They should do, I'm still using them on my copy of RiFE. I'll run through an update the links now, thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: Sorted them. Also added the WIP More Arcane module link too - it is usable, it just has a few balance issues.

Top Bottom