Iron and Blood - Sign Up Thread

I promise I'll add more later, but this took me by surprise because I thought this was for much later. I want the providence of DIXIE. I'm gonna go back to the Confederate States of America beacsue i don't have time to think of anything more creative.

Name: The Confederate States of America
Flag:
Color: Grey
Capital: Charleston (DIXIE)
Summary: The United States of America slowly became more and more divided. Eventually, the South left the North, but thanks to clever diplomacy, no war was declared. However, tension slowly grew between the two nations, but relations were kept peaceful. The Confederate States of America have a plantation based economy with a small, elite, wealthy class, and large class of slaves. The middle class is small, but has potential to grow. Politics are conservative and many people want to keep to traditional values. Society is almost entirely Protestant. Some progressive leaders are beginning to notice how much faster the North is industrializing and are trying to figure out ways to bring that to the south. The government is a confederation with the states holding higher power.
Nation Goals: Take the New England and the Great Lakes to reunify the USA under the control of the REAL America.
Become more industrialized than New England

The Kingdom of Japan.

Capital Territory: Korea Duh! (No I'm kidding, its actually Japan obviously.)

Sphere of Influence: Touch Korea or Manchuria, and we will unleash the inner Tiger. We would rather be peaceful and Isolationist, but these are not compromisable. That territory in Eastern Russia (I don't remember what its called), IndoChina, and Peking would also be appreciated, but we will not instantly declare war over those.

Government Type: The government is divided into three distinct branches, the Monarchy, which is ruled by two men, the Shogunate (Who has the real power) and the Emperor (Who has ceremonial power.) However, in theory the Shogunate can only do anything if he gets the Emperor's signature, but he can deal with this... Then there is the council of local leaders who get to vote on issues. Then there is the religious council who gets to vote on different issues. A law must be signed either by the Emperor and by at least one council majority, or a majority by both councils and not be vetoed by the Emperor to be made law (There are ways to cast votes to take away the Emperor's right of veto, and this power is actually used by the Shogun anyway more often than not.) The common people do not get to vote unless they are either servants in the military or religious priesthood, or in the top quarter of taxpayers. W omen can vote if they are unmarried and meet the criteria. Voting is only for the local leaders, and the Shogun, though the Shogun is elected until he dies or retires.

Religion: Shintoism 47%, Buddhism 33%, Taoism: 10%, Hinduism: 9%, Islam: 0.9%, other faiths 0.1%. We allow free religion, but only the Shinto and Buddhist priesthood are recognized with voting rights, and missionaries for other faiths are not allowed. In fact, people from other countries are rarely allowed to enter the country at all.

Foreign Policy: Isolationists. We are cordial with everyone but friendly with none, we must trust you A LOT before we will make any deals with you. We prefer to be left alone, especially by those who are not like us.

Social Policy: Conservative, but not overly so. You'll be punished for homosexuality or similar things, but you won't face anywhere near a death penalty for it. Prostitution is illegal but the rich do it all the time and get away with it. In fact, its more likely the poor girl would be punished because the rich man could bribe the judges, however if CAUGHT accepting a bribe you could be forced to commit ritual suicide, which is the punishment for murder and rape. We won't actually execute you, we'll just make you kill yourself, since we consider shedding another man's blood when not necessary to be a wrongdoing.

Fiscal Policy: Right-wing mostly. Taxes are high to pay for the running of the country, and they are flat at 35%. We place the tax on the exchange of goods though, not the goods themselves, so you aren't taxed on things you make and use yourself.

Military Size: Average to small. We are alone on the island. There are two divisions of the military, the Samauri (Elite) and the common soldiers.

Navy: Very Large.

Khilafa al-Madinah l-Munawwarah
Caliphate of Medina

Name of Country: "Khilafa al-Madinah l-Munawwarah" is the official English name. "Caliphate of Medina", "Fulani Caliphate", and "the Caliphate" are acceptable.
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Constitution: The Caliphate uses a version of the Constitution of Medina.
Color: Green on the flag. Or any shade of green, if Flag-green cannot be used.
Capital: Arabia (Medina)
Leader: Khalifah Ishak walud Ibrahim walud Yasir al-Fulani
Religion: Islam
Currency: Dinar
Description: Yasir al-Fulani has recently come to power in the Kingdom of Nejd. After a series of wars, and through crafty diplomacy, he has unified the Arabian peninsula, and claimed the title of Caliph, and made Medina his capital. He has expressed a desire to unify the many people of the true faith under his banner, and lead the Muslim world to a new golden age, and stand strong against the Western tides. The Caliph refuses to allow his brothers to be dominated by foreign imperialists, and is always ready to fight on their behalf.
Armed Forces: The Fulani Mujahideen is the official military organization of the Caliphate. It is a small, professional military unit. Male citizens of the Caliphate are heavily encouraged, but not required, to either join the Fulani Mujahideen for a short stint, or perform some other service to the Caliphate.
National Goals: Unify the Islamic world under one nation again, through either force or diplomacy.

The Second French Republic

Capital: France (obviously)
Leader: Napoleon Bonaparte II
Color: Navy
History: After the Napoleonic wars, Napoleon was exiled for a second time. However this time, after he escaped and established the Second Republic, he didn't instantly declare war on Great Britain, but instead built up his forces and nation. After his death, the torch was passed to his son, Napoleon Bonaparte II.

National Goals: Become the one and only European superpower. Free Europe from the clutches of the royal houses.

The Grand Kingdom of Xi'an​

Color: Yellow

Capital: Xi'an (Shanxi province)

Description: We are The Grand Kingdom of Xi'an, as old and great as the stars themselves. We've been around for many a millennium, holding our own against many different peoples, from the terror of Qin Shi Huang to that upstart Genghis Khan. We have never been destroyed, nor will we ever. Our nation's economy is based primarily in the superior field agriculture, with the great peasants of the realm working the majestic fields. These peasants make up over 40% of the population, the rest, is a mix between lower class city dwellers, a small middle class town's people, and a great upper class of the wealthy and the noble. Our armed forces are primarily trained for defensive purposes, to protect this great kingdom from any sort of harm or threat this terrible world could throw at it.

National Goals: Our national goals are simple:

1) Protect our kingdom at all costs, after so many years of survival, we will not be destroyed

2) Expand our economy, we are looking to bring our superior and grand goods to the world stage, and to do that, some minor industrialization will need to happen, though we will not give up on our agricultural heritage, and the peasants will stay where they are.

Empire of Tawatinsuyo:

Capital: Peru

History: After their orignal empire was captured by Spain, the Incans suffered cruel treament. During a revoultuion 1827 they defeated the Spainish and established a new empire, under Atahulpa III, their emperor. They has many disputes with the Spanish colonies who, under the revoultion, broke free from Spain, and formed their own countries. Eventually, the Incan people united Peru.

Leader: Atahulpa III

Government: The emperor rules the Incans, who they believed he is a god. The people are divied into 4 classes, peasants, merchants, soldiers, and priests. As the empire expands, its divied into territories. Each territory has a governor. The way a new emperor is crowned is by a heredity royal line. If the royal line ran out. A new family would be picked from the governors.

Religon: 65% worship the Incan gods, 15% Roman Catholic, and 20% are Islamic.

Army: All 16+ males have to recieve miltary training, and can be called into battle at any time.

People: 75% are of Incan orgin, 20% Spanish, 5% other. The Priest are the highest group, besides royal family, and are responible for the proper worship of the gods. Then it is soldiers, who know if they have, give their life for the emporer. Merchants run shops, make trades, and are generally some of the richest in Tawatinsuyo lands. The peasents work the farms, in the factories, and the mines. The non-recongized group are the slaves, captured from eneimies and most of Spanish decent.

National Goals: To control the European Powers that wronged the natives of this land.

Color:Yellow

Flag:

Attachments

• 220px-Banner_of_the_Inca_Empire_svg.png
    220px-Banner_of_the_Inca_Empire_svg.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 76
The nation of Aanastin declares war on Tawatinsuyo.

:lol:

Also, no Batmanistan. What exactly is the story behind that ban?

In IOT Revoolution, someone (Name withheld) thought it would be funny if created a nation called Batmanistan, and have lame Batman jokes rifled in. Then other people took the notion to make their own joke nations (Nation of X, DB Corp, etc). Some people thought it was funny, others like me wanted them to make real nations or kick them. The mod decidied that he was okay with the joke nations, so I quit the game. I'm not sure if anyone else in my camp also quit, either. Batmanistan just ruined the game for me.

In IOT Revoolution, someone (Name withheld) thought it would be funny if created a nation called Batmanistan, and have lame Batman jokes rifled in. Then other people took the notion to make their own joke nations (Nation of X, DB Corp, etc). Some people thought it was funny, others like me wanted them to make real nations or kick them. The mod decidied that he was okay with the joke nations, so I quit the game. I'm not sure if anyone else in my camp also quit, either. Batmanistan just ruined the game for me.

For some reason, people can justify any nation in an IOT except cult of personalities and a mega-corporation. :rolleyes:

Californian Commonwealth

Color: The Olive green of my star (B6DE28).
Capital: Sonoma, California
History: After revolting from Mexico, California established itself as a confederation of mostly autonomous provinces. The US offered statehood to California, but California declined due to the ongoing conflict between the US and the CSA.
Description: California's citizens are largely liberal (your usage of liberal is Classical liberal right?) and resent any government interference into their life. As such California has very few laws pertaining to moral matters (eg Same sex marriage, Drugs, Prostitution, ect... are legal.) Californians are more interested in trade and industrialization than they are in conflict and expansionism.
National Goals:California longs to become one of the most important centers of trade and industrial Production in the world.

For some reason, people can justify any nation in an IOT except cult of personalities and a mega-corporation. :rolleyes:

Okay, DB Corp wasn't bad as a nation, but he claimed all the straits. I just found that to be a little gamey.

If it was just him, I would be mad if he tried to tak the Baltic strait (That was part of my SOI), but I would be okay with it. It was just him with X and Batmanistan that made me not like it.

Top Bottom