NotW XLI: Chronomancy Redux [Game Thread]

TheForestAuro

Whisper in the Trees
Night of the Werewolves XLI: Chronomancy Redux

This is the Game Thread.

There are a few things you should know.
[-] Everyone has an Ability. Everyone has an Item, to start.
[-] There is no Victory Condition Scanner, or Faction Scanner.
[-] There will be no copypasting ANY conversation, PM, or correspondence. Paraphrase.
[-] There is no talking during the night in this thread.

This is what an Innocent PM looks like.
You are the Innocent Guy!

Race: <Gender> <Nationality> <Race> (if no race is listed, assume human)
Alignment: <Good, Neutral, or Evil>
Strength: 0(0) <Base Strength, Effective Strength>
Faction: Innocent
Item:Spatula (+0 Strength)[One-Hand Slot] <(Item Effect),[Slot Occupied]>

Ability: Get Totally Killed at The Start - You have the ability to get killed at the start of the game for tutorial purposes.
Personal Goal: Get killed at the start of the game. If you do so, you will gain an extra use of your ability, which you can use next NotW.

-----

It was a relatively cool day when the Caravan pulled into the Malakim settlement of Hajii, as far as desert temperatures go, and the oasis was buzzing with activity. A large group of travelers had booked beds in the Inn that night, and gold was freely exchanging hands as the villagers adjusted their lives to the economy of being an Oasis trading post.

The night was even more managable, and there was a great party within the Inn. The festivities lasted well into the night, with entertainment lasting far longer and good times proceeding far later than the night should normally allow. Little did the visitors know that their lives were ever-so-slightly being affected by long lost magical arts, in this town where the ancient cult of Chronomancers still practiced their art.

But this was no ordinary day for the secretive mages, and it would soon be apparent why. Even over the commotion and the revelry within the Inn, an ear-splitting scream echoed throughout the village and time snapped back into proper order suddenly, enough to leave a fuzzy feeling in the brains of all those affected. Quickly opening the door, the townsfolk had a terrible scene before them all of a sudden.

Standing over the blessed well (said to be linked to the Soul of Erebus itself), a terrifying demon stood perched, the old Sage TheForestAuro flailing wildly within its maw. Turning suddenly towards the light, it flinched, and the old man managed to scream one last message:

"They've come for us, and they'll kill all of you to find them! You must-"

And then a sickening crunch and a spray of blood, as the old man's upper body toppled into the well, his spirit leaving his body as he hit the water.

Spoiler TheForestAuro :
TheForestAuro was a Chronomancer!

Recoiling from the light with a terrible hiss, the demon raised one hand and sand whirled around it, blasting out in every direction. In the distance, a wall of dust rose from the desert and began churning around the village, creating an enormous sand tornado, instantly cutting off any escape.

"You will all die here!" it hissed, and then vanished in a flash of light.

Oh, and also, somehow, against all odds, the one confirmed innocent, Innocent Guy, got totally killed. Figures.

Spoiler :
Innocent Guy was Innocent!

There was a long silence, but the town arrived at the conclusion after a short meeting that every day they would vote upon whom to toss into the Soul Well, knowing full well that even a Demon (of which they were assuredly disguised amongst them even now) could not resist its soul-ripping power. This was their only hope.

1. Worker - Male Kuriotates - Abbadon Zack
2. Tanner - Male Malakim - Aiolos
3. Savant - Male Sheaim - Arakhor - Torn Apart, Night 2 (Phase 6) - Innocent!
4. Spirit Mage - Female Amurite - AskThePizzaGuy - Lynched, Afternoon 2 [Phase 5] - Innocent!
5. Quartermaster - Male Kuriotates Dwarf - Autolycus - Innocent!
6. Innkeeper's Son - Male Amurite - Backwards Logic - Torn Apart, Night 3 [Phase 9] Chronomancer!
7. Beggar - Male Malakim - BSmith1068 - Lynched, Afternoon 3 [Phase 8] Chronomancer!
8. Appraiser - Male Svartalfar Elf - Choxorn - Smote, Afternoon 3 [Phase 8] Demon!
9. Hermit - Male Malakim - Civplayah
10. Miner - Male Malakim - classical_hero Nictel
11. Archaeologist - Female Kuriotates - Earthling
12. Innkeeper's Wife - Female Hippus - Frozen In Ice
13. Engineer - Male Kuriotates Dwarf - GamezRule
14. Desert Guide - Male Malakim - General Olaf - Chronomancer!
15. Knight - Male Bannor - HarkonnenII
16. Innkeeper - Male Hippus - Jarrema
17. Thug - Malakim Male - johnhughthom - Innocent!
18. Earth Mage - Female Amurite - Kennigit - Torn Apart, Night 1 (Phase 3) - Innocent!
19. Mercenary - Male Grigori - Landlubber
20. Seer - Female Clan of Embers Goblin - Mergle - Innocent!
21. Merchant - Male Kuriotates - momo1000
22. Lightbringer - Male Malakim - Red_Spy - Innocent!
23. Hunter - Female Malakim - Renata
24. Countess - Female Svartalfar Elf - robbiecon
25. Orator - Male Bannor - romanichine - Order Paladin!
26. Adventurer - Male Grigori - Save_Ferris
27. Summoner - Male Amurite - Seon
28. Porter - Male Luchuirp Dwarf - Takhisis
29. Noble - Female Svartalfar Elf - Winston Hughes - Demon!
30. Explorer - Male Grigori - Yoshiegg737

-- [] Abilities that state they take "a full day" or "a full cycle" to recharge take 3 completed phases to recharge, regardless of how time is manipulated.
-- [] Players that are killed, but whose souls are not destroyed, can be brought back to life by a variety of means. DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION IF YOU ARE DEAD. Players that are permanently killed will have their allegiances revealed and will be allowed to congregate in a quicktopic I have prepared for them.
--[] SUPPORT VOTES do not increase actual strength. They simply add to a person's strength when calculating the chance of an unclean lynch.

---------------

Phase 1, Morning 1 -- The town settles in with the knowledge that they must commit their own to death, and begin voting.
Phase 2, Afternoon 1 - Accusations fly, but nothing out of the ordinary occurs.
Phase 3, Night 1 - No consensus is reached, and the town heads to sleep.
Phase 4, Morning 2 - The town awakens to a grisly scene, as the Earth Mage Kennigit is torn to shreds
Phase 5, Afternoon 2 - The vote heats up as the first threat of lynch rears its ugly head
Phase 6, Night 2 - Spirit Mage AskThePizzaGuy is thrown to the Soul Well, while Knight HarkonnenII attempts to cleanse the soul of Engineer Gamezrule
Phase 7, Morning 3 - Arakhor, the Savant is found torn to shreds.
Phase 8, Afternoon 3 - The storm draws ever closer as the Knight proves popular.
Phase 9, Night 3 - The Beggar Bsmith1068 is thrown to the well and revealed to be a Chronomancer, and the Knight HarkonnenII smites the demon Appraiser Choxorn before everyone's eyes.
Phase 10, Morning 2 - Time is rewound and the storm fades back a tad, but chronomancer Innkeeper's Son Backwards Logic is found torn apart mid-ritual.
Phase 11, Afternoon 2 - Zack replaces Abbadon.

NotW XLI: Morning One - [PHASE 1]

The solemn silence had long since ended - day had broken, and the voting had opened. Although they knew at once someone must die, it would take a grave majority for the town to commit to this act on their first try.

(Note: The first phase will last longer than normal so everyone can get on track and understand the game has started.)

It is now MORNING ONE
Accusation Votes are in BLACK
Support Votes are in GREEN
It will take 2/3s of all votes cast to successfully lynch someone today.
If you have Morning Phase abilities, Send them to me!
45 Hours Until Afternoon Phase!

The Appraiser trips over a rock on the ground.

Strange... I almost feel like I've already done that. Does anyone feel like...

WWRRRRP

Strange... I almost feel like I've already done that. Does anyone feel like something weird just happened?

OOC: why is this thread here, not in Mafia/NotW subforum?

My dear guests... I suppose we should start discussion about who is the prime suspect among us...

"Hey! Hey! Hey there, crew!
I've got spirit, how bout you?
We can beat this demon scum
We're as hardy as they come
Chronomancers aren't that scary
I've got magic that can parry
Their overconfident attacks
And put those mancers on their backs!

S-P-I-R-I-T
You don't got no more than me
Hey Hey
S-P-I-R-I-T
Why don't you come and cheer with me!
HEY! HEY!!!"

Hm..... who could it be?

Does a support vote on one's self give +1 strength as well?

As in support Kennigit gives myself +1 str?

I just told the mods about it, and asked them to move some other past threads that are still in Forum Games while they were at it.

Strange... I almost feel like I've already done that. Does anyone feel like...

WWRRRRP

Strange... I almost feel like I've already done that. Does anyone feel like something weird just happened?

It's called Deja-vu. It happens whenever the Matrix gets adjusted or changed forcibly from its prior state. It's a glitch.

/badmoviereference

The mercenary heaved a sigh.
"Oh, great. Here I was hoping to enjoy one of these trips without much action. No encounter with a mage of any sort ever brings good."
His Grigori training spoke. He didn't like magic at all, for the nation he grew up in is heavily opposed to anything having to do with the Gods.
"Chronomancy. Bending time. They think they're all-powerful." His tone mocked the Chronomancers, and he broke into a fit of laughter. "I guess they've never met a Caravan like ours."

The quartermaster starts rummaging around in his own packs, then starts eying others' packs

"Great, we're all stuck in this place, and I know we didn't bring enough supplies to accomodate this level of delay. I'd better start doing inventory. Everyone, line up and tell me what you've got! Oh, and I don't think keeping a thug like johnhughthom is a good idea!"

I do not like those savants.
They are just... evil

Arakhor must be examined!

"Now why does all this trouble have to come ruin business for me and my husband! All we asked for was a quiet life and a good profit margin but I guess that's too much to ask for these days. You know I bet its that Summoner Seon that's causing this ruckus, he seems like a shady fellow to me."

The Innkeeper's Wife then turned towards her son Backwards Logic with a concerned look on her face.

"The boy has his head stuck in imagination land it seems. Coming up with strange things like a 'matrix' and such nonsense. I do hope its just a phase he'll grow out of.":p

Top Bottom