[june patch] Puppet city has no production.

André Alfenaar

Warlord
In the screenshot you can see that puppet St. Petersburg has no production at all. I waited for a couple of turns, but nothing happened.

It has only 1 citizen so maybe that is part of the cause.

Attachments

• Washington_0180 AD-1200.Civ5Save
    997.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Civ5Screen0000.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 112
I am having the same problem with a size 1 puppet.

I even tried Annexing a few turns later and the bug persisted :(

My city was gifted to me in a peace agreement.

Attachments

• Civ5_puppet_bug.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
@Yabby: In your screenshot your city has 1 production instead of 2 production (city tile:1 + other tile:1). In my screenshot my city has no production at all (only city tile should give 2 production). So I conclude that the production of the city tile is ignored.

The food is ignored also.

Yes I did not understand your original post - I assumed we were both referring to the city tile only

The bug applies to larger cities as well. Check out the puppeted city of Sparta.

The game is currently unplayable an urgent hotfix is required, but I can't see it happening.

One thing that I can confirm having seen the bug now in 2 different games is that it only seems to occur when the AI gifts you a city in a peace deal -- I have not seen this bug occur when you capture and puppet a city by force.

Attachments

• sparta_puppet_bug1.jpg
    sparta_puppet_bug1.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 231
Yeah, it's not a bug: that city is still in Revolt, and therefore generates no production. (See the red fist icon under the name?) Once it finishes its revolt, you'll get production.

Yeah, it's not a bug: that city is still in Revolt, and therefore generates no production. (See the red fist icon under the name?) Once it finishes its revolt, you'll get production.

Yes but the food generated by the city's own tile should still prevent starvation during the revolt period right?

It was not the best screen shot, here is one form a little later after the Revolt ends and you can see IT IS INDEED A BUG, neither the food nor the production from the city tile itself is counted.

Attachments

• gifted_puppet_bug.jpg
    gifted_puppet_bug.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 154
  • gifted_puppet_production_bug.jpg
    gifted_puppet_production_bug.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 169
So it seems a pretty big bug: production and food (and also gold?) of the city tile are not counted in (only gifted?) puppet-cities.

André Alfenaar;10673046 said:
So it seems a pretty big bug: production and food (and also gold?) of the city tile are not counted in (only gifted?) puppet-cities.

I've seen it occur in two of my post patch games. In the game with Sparta, I have captured and puppeted other cities with no bug.

However in a peace deal I was granted Sparta and a couple of other cities in a peace deal. All of these cities suffer the same bug.

I then reloaded and refused the peace deal and captured all of the same cities by force with no puppet bug, so it ***seems*** to only affect gifted cities.

I've had this bug occasionally ever since the original release of the game - it isn't new with the new patch. I've seen it both with conquered puppets and gifted (spoils of war) puppets. I've noticed in these cities that if I annex them, they'll typically have a unit in their queue already started. It's been awhile, but I believe that fully exiting the game and reloading, and advancing a turn has fixed this for me in the past.

EDIT: I should read more closely. I assumed this was talking about the nothing-in-the-queue bug. Apologies for erroneous info.

I have just encountered this problem as well. All food, production and gold is ignored on the city tile. I tried annexing the city to see if that would fix it and the problem does not get fixed. I can post a save if necessary but with three people reporting the same bug this should be confirmed.

[EDIT]: Was looking in the Confirmed Bugs forum and this same problem is already in there except it is listed as fixed. It appears it started out as a random problem with conquered cities randomly not getting the city tile yield and has now changed to cities acquired thru a peace treaty not getting the city tile yield.

I can confirm that this bug is still present in the new August Patch (1.0.1.383)

You can see that neither the food nor the production for the city annexed in a peace deal is counted (note the city was originally puppetted and had the same bug!)

Attachments

• gifted_city_bug.jpg
    gifted_city_bug.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 115
I encountered a similar problem in my last game (see attachments)
My puppet city Novgorod lost several citizens (starvation) because the city tile's yield is not added.
2011-08-29_00001.jpg
View attachment NovgorodPb.Civ5Save

Top Bottom