Featured Games

So it's fine that we have the DLC? Also can we use the mods, custom notifications, info addict, less repetitive diplomacy text, R.E.D mod, single unit graphics?

or can we only use civwillard? Also is this version 104 or the beta version?

So it's fine that we have the DLC? Also can we use the mods, custom notifications, info addict, less repetitive diplomacy text, R.E.D mod, single unit graphics?

or can we only use civwillard? Also is this version 104 or the beta version?

I think you can use any mod that doesn't affect play function. Thal will post the VEM version to use along with the start save.

Since this is a mod Game of the Month, accessibility is important, to ensure everyone can participate on an even playing field. We've already got a limited audience so we probably don't want to restrict it more by fragmenting the player base. This is why for Game 1 I selected free DLCs and King difficulty, within 1 level of the preference of 96% of players (according to the Favorite Difficulty poll). :)

No other mod that affects gameplay is included, because GotVEM is a VEM game-of-the-month. Like some other mods, CSD works with VEM, but it significantly alters gameplay. It's also not used by everyone who plays VEM.

No other mod that affects gameplay is included, because GotVEM is a VEM game-of-the-month. Like some other mods, CSD works with VEM, but it significantly alters gameplay. It's also not used by everyone who plays VEM.

.. So is it in or not?

Attachments

• GotVEM Game 1 Package.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 316
I think you can use any mod that doesn't affect play function. Thal will post the VEM version to use along with the start save.

So I can use InfoAddict? (Assuming it affects savegames.) While Willard is nice, I find IA pretty much indispensable. I'll suffer through without if necessary of course.;)

So I can use InfoAddict? (Assuming it affects savegames.) While Willard is nice, I find IA pretty much indispensable. I'll suffer through without if necessary of course.;)

Yes to Info Addict, RED, etc - any mod that doesn't directly alter gameplay.

IA and CivWillard are included in the package. The useful part of CivWillard is the major civ "Trade-View" screen. I use that constantly to identify which resource to trade... I've been thinking about changing the main diplomacy screen to have information like that.

I only add things to VEM when absolutely necessary... situations where there are compatibility issues. CivWillard and InfoAddict are fully compatible standalone mods, so I leave them in the complete control of their respective creators.

That said, as mentioned above I'm thinking adding the basics of CivWillard's trade screen to the default diplomacy window would probably be good. It's an invaluable screen.

I only add things to VEM when absolutely necessary... situations where there are compatibility issues. CivWillard and InfoAddict are fully compatible standalone mods, so I leave them in the complete control of their respective creators.

That said, as mentioned above I'm thinking adding the basics of CivWillard's trade screen to the default diplomacy window would probably be good. It's an invaluable screen.

That would be great. And as long as someone keeps IA compatible with VEM, then I'm fine with keeping it separate.

So, does it work for everybody? I tried playing but everytime I try to load the game, the game shuts down. Went over the whole process again, same files and all and corrected where I put the save (moddedsaves, somehow overlooked that...), yet it still shuts down. I am at a loss what could be causing it. Do you have any special options running? The Computer I use is fairly low tech and some years old.... I did try to play a game with the new version which works fine... Using the debug will not be helpful, right?, since it crashes right after clicking "load this save".

Well, I guess I will go over the instructions once more and hope it works then. But it will probably take some time til I get time again for Civ...

@mitsho
Have you tried the things on the Common Checklist? If the cache/moduserdata are clear, with only the 3 included mods installed and enabled, then your copy of the game should be identical to others playing the GotM.

Hello!

This may be a stupid question, but what to do with the savefile once I finished the game? Where to send?

What is needed? A save file from the turn after victory?

By the way Minuteman upgrade to Rifleman instead of light Infantry. Is this intended?

Greetings

No, it's a great question that needed answering, as some people start to finish. Since it would be great to have all finishers post an account of their game, just attach the save file from the turn after the game ends to your post... and comment as much as you want on your game.

Down the road we may switch to the save file before game end.

Top Bottom