Aveo Roma!

mbkkbm

Silly American
(it's latin for "Hail Rome!")

This is going to be a story about the Roman Empire. It will be written in a "history book" form, with lots of Roman "expansions".

Hype, hype hype....and hype.

Um...lets stop the hype.

Aveo Roma

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings

The Roman people started out like many of the other people in Europe. Spurred on by the Neolithic Revolution which allowed them to farm and fish more effectively, the Romans settled down and built a small village called “Rome” in around 4000 BC. Rome, with its fearsome clubmen, quickly subdued a small area around it. Once all was clear, the clubmen, later known as “warriors” were sent off to find if there were any other people or other fertile lands.
Spoiler :

It is easy to imagine the Roman’s shock when the warriors found something. At this same time, many other city-states were doing exactly what Rome was. Though there is no evidence the “warriors” saw France and Spain, there is evidence that the Romans met the Greeks. These Greeks, at the time, were even less advanced than Rome.
Spoiler :

After about 500 years of Roman might, fishing quickly became a large industry. The discovery that larger boats could catch more fish was detailed in “Rome Fishing Manual”, which dates back to 3480 BC. Thus, only the largest families could afford to buy a fishing boat, this spurring the first Roman Fishing Fleet. After this, Fish became the meal for most everyday Romans, along with a hard wheat soup.
Spoiler :

The Roman “warriors” continued to meet other strange folk. They would have probably met the Gauls, called Germans, and continued on. However, in 3240 BC, a strange man with an odd hat named Sal-al-Din, known as Saladin to the Romans; warriors were seen at the entrance of Rome. By this time, Rome had expanded to control most of the Roman Peninsula to the Alps. To the south, another empire was met, this one called the “Egyptians”. The Romans were amazed and jealous at the other empires cultural achievements and fertile land. They also probably met other peoples whose names aren’t recorded.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

In 2080 BC, something amazing happened. A worker part just east of Rome discovered a huge pile of extremely hard metal. They named it “iron”, and soon, a mine was built over it to convert it into tools and weapons. The people of Rome would fight to conquer other Empires. No one knew it, but this one small deposit of iron would change the Western world forever.
Spoiler :

Chapter 2: The Frankish-Roman War

Tensions between Rome and Francia, then known as France, blew up in 1720 BC. The Roman 1st Legion, a skilled fighting force armed with iron swords, went into Francia to collect a worker party as tribute from the Franks. The Franks immediately demanded the return of the worker party, so the 1st Legion and Rome declared war on Francia.
Spoiler :

Knowing that even though the Franks had only clubs, the 1st Legion was vastly out-numbered, the people of Rome authorized the making of a second force, known as the 2nd Legion. It was sent to “Paris”, the capital of Francia, along with the 1st Legion.
Spoiler :

In 1560 BC, Paris was taken by the Romans in the Battle of the Seine. This ended when the Romans used the innovative wedge tactic and entered Paris triumphantly. This was a crushing blow to the Franks, who fled to Gaul, then called Germany. The Romans also met another large island, called England.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I really like your stories and all that but your links are for some reason not working.

on my sig? fixed

pics: fixed

And nice avatar. [offtopic]Daimyo from AoE III?

Now, who shall I conquer next: Hint :

Spoiler :
You don't want to know.
Spoiler :
No, you really don't!
Spoiler :
If you hit spoiler one more time...
Spoiler :
Great! Now I have to think of a punishment
Spoiler :
Again?!?!?! Really ?!?!?!!?!
Spoiler :
Fine, I'll just tell you....
Spoiler :
Or NOT! HAHAHAHA!!!
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Fine, enough with the clicking! It's Alex. Enough already!

Great start!!

I would conquer the Germans before the Greeks. The Greeks will always be small, while the Germans have a lot of land they can potentially expand into (Scandinavia).

Chapter 3: The Greco-Roman War

In 1320 BC, the Romans had already conquered most of Francia. Now, they turned east, to their oldest recorded neighbor, Alexander. The 2nd Legion lead the charge into Athens. However, the advance stalled just outside the city walls, despite an excellent effort by its commander.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

About 120 years later, the Romans noticed all the Buddhists in their Empire. The religion was now changed to allow Buddhists to practice. In a few years, the majority of Romans were Buddhist. That same year, the 1st Legion led the charge against the second Greek settlement, known as Sparta. Despite desperate defense by their warriors, 1st Legion destroyed them in the Battle of Spartan Forest and razed the city. Meanwhile, in Athens, the offensive was renewed. In the Battle of the Olive Groves, Athens was taken. Many years later, a Roman archer regiment was sent to Athens to maintain public order.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Chapter 4: The Iberian-Roman War

Rome looked for elsewhere to expand. Looking to the west, they saw a massive Iberian Civilization, known as the Spanish, expanding to cut off most routes to Paris. Rome offered to raise a 5th Legion to attack Iberia, and the offer was taken by the army. 25 years after the raising of the 5th Legion, war with Spain was declared.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

That same year, Barcelona, just out of the Alps, was taken. The Legions advanced into Barcelona. In the Battle of Iberian Forests, the 4th Legion killed the Spanish warrior who was ordered to take Rome. Continuing on the advance, the 4th Legion, at the Battle of Madrid Hill, killed a Spanish militia of mostly scouts. 25 years after the Battle of Madrid Hill, the 3rd Legion killed a massive Chariot army from Madrid ordered to raze Rome. Another 25 years later, Madrid was attacked by the 2nd Legion. The Legionaries settled down for a long siege. The 3rd Legion had now gotten a new commander, named Sargon. This man, and his descendants, would lead the Romans to many victories in Europe and later campaigns.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

25 years after Sargon took command of the 3rd Legion, Madrid itself was taken.
Spoiler :

Chapter 5: The Interwar Years

In Rome, a temple was built. It was rumored that Buddha could talk only on this mountain. It was known as the Oracle, for a priestess interpreted Buddha’s words into Latin. This kicked off the period known as the “Great Roman Civil War”. It was fought between the Royalists, who believed in the divine right to rule of the King, and the Populists, who believed every Roman should vote. After a 25 year civil war, the Royalists emerged victorious and King Julius Caesar I was crowned in Rome. He was ruler of all of the Roman Empire and….Russia. Catherine the Great made Russia a vassal state of Rome in 725 BC, the same year the Civil War ended.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

25 years later, the breeding of Iberian horses for war was finally completed and King Julius Caesar I rode into Rome on a horse. That same year, the long coveted Anatolian Peninsula was settled by the Romans. By 700 BC, the Roman Empire stretched from the mountains of Madrid to the fertile plains of Antium. It was clearly time for some more war.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I would conquer the Germans before the Greeks. The Greeks will always be small, while the Germans have a lot of land they can potentially expand into (Scandinavia).

I'm trying to save the Germans for last. I made sure, in the new update, Russia will stand as a bulwark to keep them in so they can be destroyed at my leisure.

[offtopic]Daimyo from AoE III?

I'd say that's from Sengoku, an upcoming Paradox game focused on Japan. :)

This is looking to be yet another top quality story! :)

Mbkkbm, just one small quibble. The Romans knew the Germans as Germania, not Gaul. The Germans belong to the Celtic tribes, so they could also have been referred to as Celts.

What the Romans called Gaul was France (the Franks came later).

Good story so far! Love conquering Europe with Praetorians in Earth Maps. Who is your next target? Arabia or England, since you said you wanted to save Germany and vassalized Russia?

I'd love to see a historical Roman empire even though it seems kinda easy in 18 civs

Seems like a slower version of my first story. Anyways, good job. What victory condition are you looking at going for?

Mbkkbm, just one small quibble. The Romans knew the Germans as Germania, not Gaul. The Germans belong to the Celtic tribes, so they could also have been referred to as Celts.

What the Romans called Gaul was France (the Franks came later).
Yep, realized that after the conquest. Ooops....
What about renaming 1st Legion, 2nd Legion and 3rd Legion into Legio I, Legio II and Legio III respectively?
That's a good idea, but later, most of my conquests will be on horse.
Good story so far! Love conquering Europe with Praetorians in Earth Maps. Who is your next target? Arabia or England, since you said you wanted to save Germany and vassalized Russia?
Actually, I forgot about part of the story. It'll be in the next update.
I'd love to see a historical Roman empire even though it seems kinda easy in 18 civs
Yep. Pretty much.
Seems like a slower version of my first story. Anyways, good job. What victory condition are you looking at going for?

Hopefully Conquest or Domination or Space Race. (Those are my big 3)

Top Bottom