1.15 does not be installed after download or copied

jk_bonn

Chieftain
Hi,

the new version will not be installed when pressed at the install mod button.
It begins to extract but seems to stop very early, and at the end there is no extracted folder of the mod and it is not in the list to enable it.

There is no old version present and the cache is deleted.

Same here - 1.15 is not installed after download or copied.
Workaround: use 7zip to extract manually.

It appears we've encountered another bug in the Civ 5 ingame 7z extractor. I'll release the beta as a public release, since I know that would work. It's frustrating because I was trying to modify the public and beta versions separately, as a forum-member requested recently. After running into this problem, I don't think it's feasible, since the bug in the extractor is within code inaccessible to us. :undecide:

This is what I tried:

1. Extracted v114 from its civ5mod file.
  2. Corrected a bug.
  3. Changed the version number to v115.
  4. Compressed to a new civ5mod file.

I did:

1. Extracted v114 from its civ5mod file.
  2. Corrected a bug.
  3. Changed the version number to v115.
  4. Compressed to a new civ5mod file.
Civ 5's ingame 7z extractor has numerous bugs and it appears we ran into another one. I'm too tired right now to figure out what the problem might be... I think I might just release the beta as a public release, since I know that would work. It's frustrating because I was trying to provide a public version as free as bugs as possible as a forum-member requested last week, but after running into this vanilla bug, I don't think that's feasible. :undecide:

108.6 ran fantastically for me, it doesn't have the AI science boost, or the revisions made to the AI wall preference etc, but its a great version nonetheless.

Whenever you install a new VEM patch, I highly recommend moving whatever previous verison you were using to a separate folder, I made one called "Old Mods" something like that. This way, you have multiple versions of VEM available to you, in case you want to go back to a game, or revert to an older version.

I have each version of the mod on my drive dating back to the first one. Modbuddy doesn't delete the old ones when new versions are compiled. I think I didn't explain the problem well... rather tired today.

I have each version of the mod on my drive dating back to the first one. Modbuddy doesn't delete the old ones when new versions are compiled. I think I didn't explain the problem well... rather tired today.

Haha, nono problem understood.. I was just suggesting to the other players to go back to a previous version until 115 gets fixed :)

Oh, right. It's also on on the mod browser:

Attachments

• Past Versions.PNG
    Past Versions.PNG
    303.3 KB · Views: 65,987
Oh, right. It's also on on the mod browser:

This...

EsoEs, I think maybe you should probably download and play 108. Other than your LP thread nearly everything I've read from you has been the same complaint. I don't post often, normally lurking. I suspect that most people who visit this particular corner of these boards know what your opinion is on this matter. I, for one, am just thankful that someone is supplying his "free" time to improve this game to playable level.

I think it is probable that many of the balance changes that are made are done in conjunction with bugfix changes...separating them would likely be time consuming. If 108 is stable...play that.

On a completely separate mental thread: I did a manual 7zip of the file and it unpacked perfectly. Move this folder into MODS folder.

Sorry for my assertion. I rarely post in this way unless I am particularly moved to do so.

Top Bottom