[FULL] Putmalk's Mesopotamia

Putmalk

Deity
Putmalk's Ancient Mesopotamia
Scenario for Putmalk's Ancient World Modification
Requires Complete Version of Putmalk's Ancient World(DLC-enabled)

Historical Background
The year is 3000 B.C. All across the fertile crescent, nomadic tribes have settled down to create the world’s first civilizations. From ancient Sumer and Babylon in the crescent, to the great Hittites and Lydians in Anatolia, these empty lands are ripe for the taking. New concepts such as art, archery, and sailing are entering history for the first time. Now, you are vested the chance to write history anew, and guide your civilization to complete domination over Mesopotamia. Weather is harsh, rivers are unpredictable, and rivalries are fierce. Will you assert your force and dominate the land? Or will you falter in this new found society? The destiny of your civilization is in your hands. Will you build a civilization to stand the test of time?

Scenario Description
This scenario takes place in Mesopotamia. You have 250 turns to build your empire and generate score. The civilization with the largest score at the end of 250 turns wins a Time Victory and is declared the victor. Score can be increased in a variety of ways, which include constructing monuments, building and capturing new cities. Habitable land is limited, so expect pressure from all sides while building your empire!

Special Rules
This scenario features Putmalk’s Ancient World’s modifications. These include: all new technologies, units, buildings, policies, civilizations, traits, and more. Consult the civilopedia for more information. This scenario is only playable with that mod.

Playable Civilizations
  1. Babylon
  2. Egypt
  3. Hittites
  4. Lydia
  5. Media
  6. Mitanni
  7. Phoenicia
  8. Sumeria

Installation
  1. You'll want to download the Complete Version (DLC-enabled version) Putmalk's Ancient World (link:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11030665#post11030665) before you download Mesopotamia
  2. Open the downloaded .zip
  3. Move the Putmalk's Mesopotamia folder into your My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization V -> MODS folder. If an older version of Putmalk's Mesopotamia exists, then delete that version.
    Note: If you had downloaded the Beta of Putmalk's Mesopotamia, then you should have also installed a Map in the MAPS folder. Delete that Map, it is unnecessary.
  4. Begin Civilization V
  5. MODS -> Browse Mods
  6. Select Putmalk's Mesopotamia and Putmalk's Ancient World (they both must be turned on. With the newest release, it should force you to select Ancient World before enabling this mod. The error message is "Mod is missing dependencies". Turn on Ancient World to get this to work.)
    Note: This scenario will not work with the non-DLC version of Putmalk's Ancient World! You must have the complete version of Ancient World to play this scenario!
  7. Exit Browse Mods
  8. Load Mod -> Custom Game -> Putmalk's Mesopotamia
  9. Select Civilization and Difficulty -> Play Game!

Download link

Version 2
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17899

Attachments

• MesoFinal_2.jpg
    MesoFinal_2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,678
  • MesoFinal_4.jpg
    MesoFinal_4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,677
  • Putmalk's Mesopotamia (v 2 Hotfix).zip
    362.8 KB · Views: 810
Reserved for patch notes

Hi Putmalk,

I'd like to try out your scenario, but the megaupload links don't work. The message is:

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.

Do you know what the problem might be? If not, have you tried uploading somewhere else?

Hi Putmalk,

I'd like to try out your scenario, but the megaupload links don't work. The message is:

Do you know what the problem might be? If not, have you tried uploading somewhere else?

Hm. This is wierd. Thanks for alerting me to the problem.

Did the Ancient World link fail as well?

EDIT: Okay, I uploaded the scenario successfully to civfanatics. Here is the link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17899

Ancient World has been changed to a mediafire link. Let me know ASAP if that works. I'll try again to upload to civfanatics.

Version 2 of the scenario has been released, with very minor changes to city placement.

But the most important update is the main mod should be stable. You can check it out in the main Putmalk's Ancient World thread.

it would be good putting some greek cities in minor asia crete and cyprus
and by the time these people appeared the greeks had already 2 empires and they were going for the mycinean empire which land was all across the mediterenian and had colonies even in spain

it would be good putting some greek cities in minor asia crete and cyprus
and by the time these people appeared the greeks had already 2 empires and they were going for the mycinean empire which land was all across the mediterenian and had colonies even in spain

Greece is not featured in this scenario for gameplay reasons. They weren't fun to play, the AI couldn't play as them, and they weren't contributing anything to the game except making the map longer in the X direction. Sorry. :(

Played this scenario and liked it. Interesting leader names (though hard to pronounce!). Only problem I had was not able to select difficulty level. I usually play in King mode, so this was a bit easy. However lots of fun.
thanks

Played this scenario and liked it. Interesting leader names (though hard to pronounce!). Only problem I had was not able to select difficulty level. I usually play in King mode, so this was a bit easy. However lots of fun.
thanks

You should be able to select the difficulty from the civilization select screen. It's below the civilizations and to the left.

Nevertheless, I'll double check to make sure it is working as intended. Glad you enjoyed the scenario! It gets a lot tougher the higher up you get (I tried Deity, I got rolled).

Dadeo, the difficulty selection should be working as intended right now. Were you running any additional mods besides Putmalk's Ancient World and Mesopotamia?

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    diff.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 325
i have noticed that in the description u talk about the hills of turkey.i dont think there is much reason but the definition isnt right because the first turks came there from mongolia at 1000 A.D..the name is minor asia(named by ancient greeks) or the name used by the greek empire(byzantium) at medieval which is anatolia

i have noticed that in the description u talk about the hills of turkey.i dont think there is much reason but the definition isnt right because the first turks came there from mongolia at 1000 A.D..the name is minor asia(named by ancient greeks) or the name used by the greek empire(byzantium) at medieval which is anatolia

I changed it to Anatolia in the description, which is consistent with most other names in the scenario. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate any I can get.

Hotfix for this scenario that will be released alongside my main Ancient World hotfix. This hotfix will merely add a requirement that Putmalk's Ancient World be activated to play this mod (it will also change install instructions very slightly) and will fix loading issues (issues that you'll never see, but I know are there).

Hotfix for the scenario has been uploaded. Take note of the changes to installation instructions. They're important.

Hotfix patch notes:

Spoiler :

• Added dependency for DLC version of Putmalk's Ancient World in order to play Ancient Mesopotamia. This is to prevent players from attempting to play the scenario with the non-DLC version.

You should be able to select the difficulty from the civilization select screen. It's below the civilizations and to the left.

Nevertheless, I'll double check to make sure it is working as intended. Glad you enjoyed the scenario! It gets a lot tougher the higher up you get (I tried Deity, I got rolled).

Dadeo, the difficulty selection should be working as intended right now. Were you running any additional mods besides Putmalk's Ancient World and Mesopotamia?

I have the same problem as Dadeo. The selection screen of which you posted a screenshot doesn't seem to work.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 304
I have the same problem as Dadeo. The selection screen of which you posted a screenshot doesn't seem to work.

What mods do you have enabled?

Btw, this scenario is currently not compatible with the non-DLC version of Ancient World. I will specify in the main post.

The only mods I have enabled are your 2 mods. There is also a glitch with the main mod that won't start if I chose one of the new civs (although it does start if they are chosen randomly) but that's minor compared to this. It seems it can't find some xml files that initialize graphics and even the text?

edit: I think the problem is with the main mod. If I play with only that one enabled and start a game with random leaders, anything that isn't Augustus or Nabuchadnezzar (the only 2 you didn't modify or add) I get strange behaviors. For example the new leaders don't seem to have a description and the background image you see at the start of the game. I think there are missing files but I downloaded and installed Putmalk's Ancient World (v 6 Hotfix).civ5mod so I don't know what could be the problem.

edit2: finally fixed it, it was a language setting. I had en_EN and changing it to en_US did the trick. I also tried changing the xml text file to en_EN but it didn't work.

The only mods I have enabled are your 2 mods. There is also a glitch with the main mod that won't start if I chose one of the new civs (although it does start if they are chosen randomly) but that's minor compared to this. It seems it can't find some xml files that initialize graphics and even the text?

edit: I think the problem is with the main mod. If I play with only that one enabled and start a game with random leaders, anything that isn't Augustus or Nabuchadnezzar (the only 2 you didn't modify or add) I get strange behaviors. For example the new leaders don't seem to have a description and the background image you see at the start of the game. I think there are missing files but I downloaded and installed Putmalk's Ancient World (v 6 Hotfix).civ5mod so I don't know what could be the problem.

edit2: finally fixed it, it was a language setting. I had en_EN and changing it to en_US did the trick. I also tried changing the xml text file to en_EN but it didn't work.

Glad you fixed the problem! I'll specify in the main thread that this mod is compatible with en_US only! Enjoy!

Top Bottom