Byzantium by Dumanios

Dumanios

MLG
The Byzantine Empire is the Heir to Rome, the center of the Orthodox Faith, and another weird faction, as it shares its capital with Turkey, and it's core with Greece and Turkey. Nevertheless, I still made this civ, with it evolving into Romania later on.

Spoiler :
Row 1: Worker, Scout, Explorer, Warrior, Swordsman
Row 2: Axeman, Maceman, Spearman, Pikeman, Musketman
Row 3: Marine, Archer, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Horseman
Row 4: Katapraktoi, Cuirassier, Cavalry, War Elephant, Jet Fighter

Use Greek Fire here!

Credits:
Spoiler :
Scout, Explorer, Cavalry, War Elephant: Ethnicae

Swordsman, Axeman, Spearman, Archer, Horseman: Bakuel's Early Byzantines

Maceman, Pikeman, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Katapraktoi: Bakuel's Medieval Byzantines

Musketman, Cuirassier: Bakuel's Renaissance Byzantines

Marine: Romanian UU from Civ Gold

Jet Fighter: Earth 2010 scenario

because it is obvius that u dont know much around the greek and ottoman history i should inform u that the greeks werent under the control of the byzantine empire they were the byzantine empire(greek emperors,greek languarge,greek population,greek religion,greek names...) and of course u should not use the turkish units for them because they came in the area in 1000 aC and they were enemies.in my opinion there is no need for byzantium civ just and adding of their units to the greek civ

Oy, I never really believed that Byzantium was exclusively Greek, they were a Greco-Roman Empire. That's why my Roman and Greek civs have Byzantine units. And if you don't support adding the Byzantines to the game, then take the issue to Firaxis, the Byzantine were in Conquests and Beyond the Sword.

what i say is qualified by international historians. we have a greek empire which the only similirity with roman empire is the name of the empire which was also writen in greek(basilia ton romaion).even the civ of rome how "roman" do u think it was??all the architect languarge religion ,naval army ,philosofers ,science... were greek. do u know that konstantinople was firstly named second rome but byzantium named it konstantinople.

No Turkish units because Greek people get upset that one faction that lorded over them many years ago has units of another faction that lorded over them many years ago.
I predicted that will arise the ire of someone Greek on that fora as soon as I saw that sentence. Anyway, while that statement is indeed rather gilb (there was no separate "Greek" identity that felt ethnically oppressed by Constantinople), there's no need to start a nationalistic flame war about it.

there is no nationalist fight.i will just talk about a matter knowned as the makedonian.do u know why it had begone?the communist tito named the south yugoslavia macedonia(1950~).the greeks(the real makedonians didnt do anything back then so we are today the slavs wanting to steal a part of our history with no historical proves and they support that they own makedonia because we didnt complain back then(around 1950).we didnt say anything in 1950 because we had a huge civil war and we though that it was something to bother later.

what i say is that that the same way skopje claims makedonia ,bulgaria tried to claim byzantium as theirs.(why do u think many balkan states have the greek eagle on their flag?)all of them came in 1000 aC and they havent got any ethnic identity so they want to steal the greek one which is large.so if we dont talk at every chance who knows what may happen

the reason i posted want to just criticize and try to learn something to one person as it wont make any change.what i wanted was just to help him to make his mod more historical acurate and to know that by this way the other people who join the forum will see it and make false opinions about us.i make no offense i dont talk as a nationalist i just love history

friendly

Top Bottom