Multiplayer FFA EPIC GAMES series

Tabarnak

Cut your lousy hairs!
EPIC GAMES FFA!

FFA = free for all. It's a multiplayer game with no AI. Humans can do what they want(except quitting the game), i.e they can go at war with who they want, they can trade, make alliances, etc. This produce quite a bunch of diplomatic situations making some headaches for some of us! This is all the beauty of these games, especially against humans who don't do weird stuff like the AI!

Onan started this idea some months ago. We play an FFA game with 4 to 6 players and play it under many sessions. This time, i show you the latest game featuring Onan, zalta, Brenador, EEE_boy, Islandia and myself into a fabulous and epic game.

If some of you guys want to join these epic games, just enter this thread

FFA EPIC GAME #2 : played on oval map, standard speed.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7(final)

FFA EPIC GAME #1 : playing on small continents, standard speed.

Part 1 : The Exploration
Part 2 : Rise of the Nations
Part 3 : Persian's pressure
Part 4 : A special weapon
Part 5 : Frigates!
Part 6 : Opportunities
Part 7 : The English Armada
Part 8 : The English supremacy
Part 9 : Dark Ages
Part 10(final) : Scouts of doom

you play like me. Everything same. I would have settle the second city on the hill maybe. And maybe trapping before calendar. but no big differences

Hmm i think i researched trapping before calendar...:think:

Thanks for the comment :)

Keep up the good work, takes a lot of time editing to make the video compact:goodjob:

Hmm i think i researched trapping before calendar...:think:

Thanks for the comment :)

YES, you did :goodjob: ! But then I would have tech mining before trapping :). I have watched the 2nd video. My comment :

- Nice cities spot, I appreciate the 1 horse per city to build circus. Maybe I would have set the city near Gibraltar on the sheep, Because I see another really nice city near the river + 3 hills + 1 fish + 1 gold. I would have make an nice 3 pop production-oriented city (Granary + water mill => 3 hill worked => 13 production city).

- I would have delay writing which is ,imo, useless so soon with small population cities.

- I would have probably tried to build the pyramids in cap: it is the wonder who fit the best with your playstyle.

Why dont you build Hagia Sofia with the engineer in your cap ??? :confused::confused::confused:

Hmm really? Did i really miss that? :confused:

Well it was certainly a mistake from mine!

Don't worry, i will make even worse moves later in the game :blush:

Hmm really? Did i really miss that? :confused:

Well it was certainly a mistake from mine!

Don't worry, i will make even worse moves later in the game :blush:

Well, yes (5:50 part 4), I guess mistake from you. I would have definetly build Hagia Sofia + Chitchen Itza to boost even more the golden age instead of Porcelaine Tower.

Well, yes (5:50 part 4), I guess mistake from you. I would have definetly build Hagia Sofia + Chitchen Itza to boost even more the golden age instead of Porcelaine Tower.

Spoiler :
In fact, the PT is for a future frigate rush that you will see in the 5th and 6th video(not online yet, at least 10 total).

Not building HS is not that bad actually, just pumping some gs a few turns earlier. It's an overrated wonder imo. But it's certainly a mistake to not have built it(i tought it was Onan!).

I decide to not settle a 6th city close to the gold tile in the south west corner like you said because proportionnally i couldn't hold much more cities mainly because of the PT rush instead of Chichen or Notre-Dame. I wanted a few cities ready for universities later(best done at 8 :c5citizen:). Satrap's court were there to overcome the lack of unhappiness in the middle run.

I would probably done things differently after review, but that's the beauty of mp games. It's hard to determine your ressources needed for the long run because of the high randomness level of human players.

Spoiler :
In the long run i will not be able to keep all my cities...

These wonders are so popular that I think should be avoided unless leading in Science and Capital production. The loss of hammer due to fail in wonder competition is worse. Though Tab may choose to deny HS using the GE.

Wonders like Colossus, Stonehedge or Oracle may be worth investing if they can be integrated into any strategy for MP.

Thanks for posting....to bad about that warrior :-| And that you can't raze capitals ;-)

Thanks for posting....to bad about that warrior :-| And that you can't raze capitals ;-)

EEE_boy said that i would have hold him only 3 more turns by killing his warrior. Not a big deal.

Since the game not yet finished, I can see there is narrow corridor near Nanjing. How about raze Nanjing, and plant a city on the one tile terrain west of Nanjing to free up frigates inside the lake? Also you can annex all cities facing the lake side and all start to produce frigates. That should give you 10 frigates in 20 turns while English fleet is near America.

Since the game not yet finished, I can see there is narrow corridor near Nanjing. How about raze Nanjing, and plant a city on the one tile terrain west of Nanjing to free up frigates inside the lake? Also you can annex all cities facing the lake side and all start to produce frigates. That should give you 10 frigates in 20 turns while English fleet is near America.

:think:...it's weird to read this from your mouth actually...

I agree that making a canal(city) to let Persepolis making ships for exterior defenses is actually a good idea. The question is...are you going to let me doing this? Surely not! :lol: I imagine some SotL parked near the future city spot.

Frankly, i really don't know how you can lose the game(nothing new, everyone will agree after a read of the 9th part that i will put online in a couple of hours, before we play our possible last session). With some balls, you would have won around turn 180.

10 frigates in 20 turns while English fleet is near America.

Aye caramba! Hmm not really. Persepolis can chunk a boat every 5-6 turns, but not that much.

Top Bottom