ImageShack will only allow 500 images without paying from March on

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
Apparently ImageShack will change its policy from March, 1st on, so that only paying users will be allowed to upload more than 500 images (click). Everything else will expire within one month, and for nonregistered users there's no guarantee that images will stay up.
Very productive story writers should please think about if they are maybe in danger of losing parts of their files.

In our OT forum we have fortunately one of the founders here, so if there are any questions regarding the change you can ask them here.

In case anybody is thinking about changing the services, well known alternatives are imgur, Photobucket/Tinypic, Picasa or Flickr.

Please take care of your images before the 1st :).

That's a shame. I used ImageShack for IOTs since, well, the maps often pass 1mb in size.

Though Imgur is more than enough for here.

Yay for Imgur, except I always get distracted looking at the other images there when I need to post my own.

So many times I end up closing the window without uploading the images due to the ones down the side :lol:

Why would they do this when there are so many other image sharing sites that don't require you to pay?

I use photobucket for the bulk of my screenies. Unlike imgur, The files keep their original name so it is easy while writing an update to paste the url over and over and simply change the picture number manually.

My edited pictures go on imgur as it is quicker to upload and get the link for a single image. Also, my edited pics dont get lost in the hundreds of regular sreeny thumbnails i have on bucket.
But yeah, the imgur gallery is dangerous. :shifty:

Top Bottom