Dacubz145 Buildings Art

Nice work :goodjob:.
Converted from somewhere, I guess?

But the Petronas towers might need a bit lighter texture, and that lighthouse looks a bit inappropriate ^^.
But else the things, e.g. the space needle, look great :).

Google sketchup, really simple. I wanna do units to but not good @ animations yet

Yes i need to redue texture on towers, after i get a little better i plan on redoing those
Not sure whatcha mean about the lighthouse, the base should be white yes, as well as it looks cartoonish but for whatever reason the dds its attached to, i redid it white yet it still showed up brown:mad: Gave up after a while of trying to get it white

Personal favorite is Osaka as it looks the best, but not very famous

London Eye next :D

@Parthenon: I can see got a full agenda;)! But someone on the German forum commented, the Parthenon's roof wasn't red, but marble, too. I checked, and, surprise, he's right. (Although only the gods and birds were taking note of it:crazyeye:.) Just in case you might come back to the Parthenon one day.

Got a picture of the roof

shouldnt the space needle have more white on the top decks?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Space_Needle_2011-07-04.jpg

Yes as with many of the others needs a bit of reskining, only problem is idk how to add a dds to the nif(im sure you dont know what that means) but basically you can etheir have the model automatically be a certain color, or have the color of a picture on a file. Idk hot to make it go on a file when its a certain color

Yes as with many of the others needs a bit of reskining, only problem is idk how to add a dds to the nif(im sure you dont know what that means) but basically you can etheir have the model automatically be a certain color, or have the color of a picture on a file. Idk hot to make it go on a file when its a certain color

fair enough and you did say you were still learning how to do it so i guess i cant say its that bad :p lol
nah they look decent you seem to be getting the hang of it :goodjob:

I think i can handle that, seems like a really simple reskin, ill get around to it within say a couple days

It would be helpful if you find me what you want it to look like, like not a picture of the exact roof, but just a picture of marble taht you want the roof to look like

I think i can handle that, seems like a really simple reskin, ill get around to it within say a couple days

It would be helpful if you find me what you want it to look like, like not a picture of the exact roof, but just a picture of marble taht you want the roof to look like

I'd be wasting your time if I dig out some detail closeup of what a single roof tile of the Parthenon possibly must have looked like. That's below the detail level of the Civ game. Would be fine just to change the roof color from clay brown to marble marble.

I just found a bird's eye screenie of a bunch of temples with all kinds of roofs. The creator of the ultra realistic Roman temple, for example, decided to ignore the tile structure completely and just colored the roof in a light grey tone, it's the small light grey one in the lower part in the middle.

Spoiler :

To cut it short: There was just this guy claiming, the Parthenon roof wasn't brown but made from the same marble as all other parts, and unfortunately he was right with that:crazyeye:… I gotta go to bed, now:D.

Besides above: Nice again :).

Minor nitpick: If you convert stuff from somewhere else (like you said), then please try to give the original authors somehow credit (at least sometimes). I don't want to get trouble with other communities :).

Besides above: Nice again :).

Minor nitpick: If you convert stuff from somewhere else (like you said), then please try to give the original authors somehow credit (at least sometimes). I don't want to get trouble with other communities :).

Yess sorry forgot about that, i swear i was gonna but slipped my mind

don't diss on the one above!:lol: but truthfully if u look at the picture of the actual angel of the north its quiet good, you need to download the peice since the picture is darker than it is in the game, and it actually is top three so far for accuracy toward real item

also its google warehouse, which is put up by google for people everywhere to use, its far to big to care whether or not i use it, nonetheless will give credit in first post

did you have problems with the color? its suppose to be rusty brown not black?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Angel_Of_The_North.JPG
As I said with the J, its honustly the picture. Look at it from a different angle. the point where my laptop usually is the angel is black, but when i tilt it a bit i can clearly see the reddish brownish rustlike color. Its just the picture trust me its not black, if it was i wouldnt release it, also in game you can see the details much better

Top Bottom