Nightbringer magical attack flc

nick0515

C7 Fanatic
This is a simple combination of two of tom2050's great units.

I've added his weakness spell flc to the cast flc for his nightbringer unit with SSB.

Hope other's find it useful.

DOWNLOAD

Preview: (Gif is slower than the real thing and colours are better)

Attachments

• CastWeakness.gif
    CastWeakness.gif
    388 KB · Views: 3,568
Thanks themanuneed, but there wasn't really much work involved as it's actually a multi-unit made with Steph's Storyboards Builder (SSB). All I had to do was export the to flics to storyboards with flicster making them the same number of frames and size then combine them and position them. Much easier than the cut 'n' paste job I began before I realised it would be easier to do it that way.

I might combine more of Tom's spells with other units too, or even do alternative magical attacks for this great unit.

EDIT: Damn, just noticed that the spell get's slightly cut off in the eastern and western directions. It also seems to distort slightly in the eastern direction for some reason. I've tested it in game though and it's not really noticable so I probably won't re-do it unless anyone really wants a corrected version.

I'd never thought of using SBB's multi-unit creator for adding spells to attacks. :eek: It's a great idea! I'm a c'n'p simpleton! :lol:

Great job, nick0515!

I'm using the Nightbringer in my mod as one of the King Units. It'll be great to add this attack for him. Thanks! :goodjob::)

Yeah it's so easy. I tried to do it with another spell though and it won't work for some reason. I've had this problem before with SSB. When I get to the final step of opening up my new storyboard to export to a flc flctser freaks out and gives me an erra message then closes. Anyone know why?

Flcster problems asside it's actually pretty easy to give units as many magical attacks as you want with SSB. Especially the units of Tom's that have a cast animation minus the spell.

nick0515... do you apply the palette to the Storyboard Before trying to open it with Flicster and is the Storyboard the same size and number of frames as the original?

If you can open the original storyboard to view it in Flicster and you keep the same frame sizes and number of frames, Flicster should have no problems with it.

If the Spell you are adding uses a different color palette, you will need to combine the Unit and Spell Palettes and apply that new palette to the Storyboard after using SBB.

Top Bottom