EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator
The backgrounds have been moved.

The backgrounds have moved.

The backgrounds have been moved.

Spain desires to makes these claims known:
Dispute 1: Hawaii
We wish to claim the Archipelago of Hawaii.
Dispute 2: Alaska
We wish to stake a claim on part of Alaska
Dispute 4: Western Africa
We desire to claim part of West Africa's coast and move the southern border further towards the south.
Dispute 5: Central Africa
We wish to claim a good part of this, at least to reach the Congo River.
Dispute 6: Southern Africa
We desire to claim part of western South Africa, moving the current border towards the east.
Dispute 7: Kamchakta
There is nothing here we are willing to fight other nations for.
Dispute 8: China
In here, we want to move our current border further towards the north.
Dispute 9: Western Pacific Islands
There are many islands here we desire to take, as they would be important for our trade between Philippines and our American colonies.

We are willing to negotiate several of those claims with other interested nations.

Paris and Burgundy

China:

Seeing as the white area, as opposed to the Spanish and British controlled zones, is presumably under the control of the coalition, it is completely implausible that Spain should be able to lay claim to an inch more land than it already has. We say this not out of hostility, but out of a pragmatic view of who would control each area. The Yangtze is the border reached by the coalition armies, and so the Six-Nation Coalition has dibs on all that land. Scandinavia especially ought to have the rich northern side of the Yangtze reaching all the way up into the Chinese interior, as is only fair given the amount of troops they committed.

The Dutch and ourselves have agreed to claim the following zones of China.

West Africa:

We lay claim to the entire IRL country of Nigeria. We also lay claim to the entire coastline between the British and Spanish colonies on either side of our colony in Benin. We also lay claim to land in the interior passing as far inland as Lake Chad to the north-east and to the border on EQ's map between Western and Central Africa.

Central Africa:

We would like to claim a new colony covering some of IRL Gabon EDIT: more or less what was IRL French Congo.

Denmark heartily protests the arrangement between the Dutch and Paris-Burgundy in China. They have contributed as many or more troops than both of your nations to the conflict over the past few years. They deserve more than the tiny slices remaining.

Similarly, Portugal also demands at least a treaty port in China for its support in the conflict.

Redacted. Lurking.

Paris and Burgundy, when we made that agreement with the Netherlands, expected there to be more land. We will make sure that land is reserved for you; I only wanted to point out our vague zones of colonisation.

Provisionally, I might suggest that if Scandinavia had the northern bank of the Yangtze, Portugal could have a port at the mouth of the Yangtze, room could be made for Poland between Paris and Burgundy and the Netherlands, and room could be made for Denmark between Scandinavia and the Netherlands, taking certain portions out of our claims for the purpose.

Poland is interested in more of IRL Gabon and basically anywhere else in Western Africa or the jungle zone. Also part of China for obvious reasons.

Posting to subscribe. Will attach claims later.

Languedoc is not interested in colonies, but is interested in perhaps a few overseas ports in the coming years.

Attn. Spain, Japan, Poland, Netherlands, Denmark, Scandinavia, Portugal

We propose the following fair settlement of the Chinese question. This map also shows our claims in Benin, although not in Gabon.

Spoiler :

Denmark and Portugal approve of Paris-Burgundy's proposal for China.

@TerrisH: You're aware that Turkey does not consist of OTL Turkey, but rather the small coastal nation between Arabia and the Roman Empire?

OOC: Strips of Color, much?
Anyway, I was going to start colonization if we had gone to 1860, since I would have built a comfortable army and navy by then. But since I haven't I guess Normandy has no major claim other than within the French Colonization Society. I'm just going ask if there is a colonial power available for me to lobby for.

OOC: Strips of Color, much?
Anyway, I was going to start colonization if we had gone to 1860, since I would have built a comfortable army and navy by then. But since I haven't I guess Normandy has no major claim other than within the French Colonization Society. I'm just going ask if there is a colonial power available for me to lobby for.

Denmark and Portugal are both free. As for the strips of colour, I know it doesn't look amazing, but there's not much can be done about that; there isn't enough room for everyone to have a good chunk of coastline any other way.

Central Africa
This is a very approximate, very rough, very ugly map of our claims and how we believe a compromise could be reached between Scandinavian claims in the Congo, and Spanish ambitions. We have no opinion as to who should receive the lands that have been left blank. For obvious reasons, I don't endorse these exact borders.

Spoiler :

^^^ Britain would be happy to fill in all of the white space on that map. :mischief:

Top Bottom