Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION II > Civ2 - General Discussions

Old May 02, 2012, 04:41 AM   #1
Sir_Lancelot
Emperor

Added new AI which does nothing

In a game I thought it would be fun with some more AI civs. I spawned some settlers for a new AI that had not been in the game before. But the new AI does not move his units, he doesn't do anything at all.

Can the new AI be activated?

The world is not enough...
Sir_Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2012, 09:56 AM   #2
gps
King

Well, if I remember correctly in Civ II there's still the hardcoded 7 Civ limit with groups of 3 Civs with the same colour excluding each other. If one of them is in the game the other two can't be. Only if one is destroyed and the slot gets freed another from that group can take it's place. That considered I think it's not possible to activate another AI...
Old May 02, 2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Sir_Lancelot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gps View Post
Well, if I remember correctly in Civ II there's still the hardcoded 7 Civ limit with groups of 3 Civs with the same colour excluding each other. If one of them is in the game the other two can't be. Only if one is destroyed and the slot gets freed another from that group can take it's place. That considered I think it's not possible to activate another AI...
You can not add a nation with a color that is already in use so that is not the problem. SHIFT + F2 gives you a list of nations, the list includes nations already in the game and nations that are not in the game. All nations in the list has different colors.

I had only 3 or 4 civs in the game.

Old May 02, 2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Ali Ardavan
Mathematician

I have no idea. But this kind of question better suits the scenario forum.
Ali Ardavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Sir_Lancelot
Emperor

OK. I didn't know I should have posted it there, this is not a scenario.

Old May 05, 2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Metro Polis
Chieftain

You could use the barbarians to make the 8th civ, if you give them specific units and give the other civs techs to prevent them from getting access to those units.
Metro Polis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 06:36 PM   #7
Sir_Lancelot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Polis View Post
You could use the barbarians to make the 8th civ, if you give them specific units and give the other civs techs to prevent them from getting access to those units.
Welcome to the forum!

I do have barbarian cities in the game, but barbs never found cities. They don't know what to do with a Settler and will just keep moving it. So I gave them strong units so they could conquer some cities.
In modern times barb cities almost never actually finish the production of a unit regardless of the city's shields output. And their research will just cycle through the earliest techs, so they keep rediscovering Pottery, Alphabet, Warrior code, Horseback riding, Bronze working, Masonry and Ceremonial burial in an endless loop. But they can produce the same kind of unit that conquered the city and that is the only thing they will try to produce.

I have also tried to give the barbs modern warships, but they do not attack with them. Maybe the barb AI treats all their ships like cargo vessels and don't want to risk a loss.