• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida; Myrtle Beach; Florida; Atlantic City, New Jersey; Ocean City, Maryland; and Florida. Oh, and did I mention Florida?

Of course, there are those who think that "vacation" means "freezing to death", so Minnesota and Alaska are also destinations.
Uh, have you ever left the DC area? Like, in your life?

I'm looking outside right now, and I don't see anyone freezing to death in the alleged 'frozen tundra' of Minnesota.
I work outside during the Illinois summer. It gets hot. I'd rather vacation in the cold than in the heat. Makes sense to me?
Surely winter hasn't disappeared since the last time I visited Minnesota!

Uh, have you ever left the DC area? Like, in your life?
I've visited DC maybe twice in the past six years, so, well, yeah.

Yar, but I have to work in the heat, so I'd rather play in the snow if I get the opportunity. You'll notice I didn't advocate dog sledding or anything. Which, honestly, is a shame. It would be a lot easier to do in the great plains than skiing, and Colorado is about a 20 hour drive away.

Yar, but I have to work in the heat, so I'd rather play in the snow if I get the opportunity. You'll notice I didn't advocate dog sledding or anything. Which, honestly, is a shame. It would be a lot easier to do in the great plains than skiing, and Colorado is about a 20 hour drive away.
True. Honestly, I hadn't thought of that.

Still, beaches FTW. ;)

We spent spring break (mid-March) at my parents' house in northern Minnesota. My kids spent the first three days sledding down the hill. Temperatures were in the upper 50's (F), though. The third day I shoveled a lot of snow to keep the sledding path open, and by day 4 the snow was gone. The lakes were still iced up where we were, but the ice was gone in southern Minnesota.

American Vacations -

Myrtle Beach and Charleston (both SC)
Savannah, GA
Florida
A ton of beaches and mountains in NC

Those are the popular destinations for North Carolinians. Especially Charleston.

I've been -

From Seattle to LA (in a car kind of thing)
Rocky Mountains, Yellowstone, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon
Niagara Falls and Toronto
Boston
New York
Atlanta
DC
Mexico and Belize
and the others I mentioned first that North Carolinians are fond of.

Is there a key somewhere to what all the little things like "YouTube" and "spoil" above the reply box do?(I've figured those two out). Specifically, how to provide a link to a URL without it showing the URL, instead it may say "this" or "here" for instance and when a reader clicks on that word it takes them to the link.

That link didn't work for me. Took me straight to Rick Astley! Help!

The Quackers link was better.

It was worth the effort then. I thank you. :)

(At least you haven't, yet, recommended I kill myself.)

When does the Haye Chisora fight actually start?! Where can I watch it on television and where can I watch it online?

..also where is Kyriakos? Did he disappear when Germany beat Greece?:p

Those resteraunts on Man Vs Food - are they typical in America?

Question: The bathtub floor is slippery and I keep smashing up my knee on the edge when I slip. Tried several bathtub mats but they slip around too. Is there something you can put on the floor to make it not so bad, like a spray or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom