Info Addict

I just updated Info Addict to v18. This is a minor update that fixes some bugs and adds a Russian translation.

The mod is available on the steam workshop under the name "InfoAddict".
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=79000477

Changes:
  • Fix for "The Netherlands" bleeding into the graphing area.
  • Dimmer colors are brightened somewhat now in the historical graphs. Civs like Ethiopia should be easier to see now.
  • Categories in historical graph screen moved around to make better use of available space.
  • Compatible with patch 1.0.1.705
  • Russian translation now included (thanks Kindofbear!)

Thanks for the update but...

I use three mods

One to add a coloured icon to religions
Thal's unofficial patch
Info Addict :)

I have just gone to play my saved game to find that the Info Addict could update and so I have allowed that to happen.
Alas my saved game will now not load as it states that no all the mods used are there for it to load. But I only ever used the three noted above and, AFAIK, only Info Addict has changed.

Is this typical of what happens when a mod updates, because if it is then I will refrain until I finish my game ...?

Thank Rob for the update :)

I have just gone to play my saved game to find that the Info Addict could update and so I have allowed that to happen.
Alas my saved game will now not load as it states that no all the mods used are there for it to load. But I only ever used the three noted above and, AFAIK, only Info Addict has changed.

Is this typical of what happens when a mod updates, because if it is then I will refrain until I finish my game ...?

Thank Rob for the update :)

There have been a few posts on steam too about problems with updates. I personally don't have any problems with my saved games from v17 -> v18 (I used them to test so i was flipping back and forth a lot) but, to be safe, updating the mod in between games is probably best. Updates like this one are pretty benign anyway so you're not missing out on much.

Thanks for that rob. I must be aware that the Steamwork situation might have more consequences for what I would have considered to have once been a non issue upgrade of a mod when in mid game. I will have to be more cautious in future.

Hi robk,

I'm new to InfoAddict (but old to Civ) i have subscribed to v18, but do I need to start a new game to get the benefits of InfoAddict? When I loaded an existing game (through the mods path) i don't get any of the IA benefits.

thanks

Hi robk,

I'm new to InfoAddict (but old to Civ) i have subscribed to v18, but do I need to start a new game to get the benefits of InfoAddict? When I loaded an existing game (through the mods path) i don't get any of the IA benefits.

thanks

Yep, you need to start a new game. Since IA saves data to the save file, civ wants it to be there from the beginning. Hope you have fun with the mod!

@robk

Have you received the updated XML.DE?

The file with no update does prevent that German language is used in game. The text is always shown with English language.
With the updated one, it works fine.

Very nice mod, I like it ;-)

There is a bug, I'm not 100% sure that this is caused by InfoAddict, but when more than one AI Player speaks with me in their turns, the screen doesn't switch from one to the other. When I press Escape it switches but then I didn't see the offer ...

Another small thing: is there a shortcut for IA?

Very nice mod, I like it ;-)

There is a bug, I'm not 100% sure that this is caused by InfoAddict, but when more than one AI Player speaks with me in their turns, the screen doesn't switch from one to the other. When I press Escape it switches but then I didn't see the offer ...

Another small thing: is there a shortcut for IA?

this has happened to me as well (a very very seldom ocurrance, but for some time w/ this mod). Specifically, i think the issue is when you use the "check infoaddict" button from the leader screen on the first dialogue, and then after exiting via the "back" button, there is a screen freeze until you hit the escape button to release it. then you briefly see the second leader's goodbye screen and you're back to normal.

additionally, whether or not you accepted the first leaders initial trade offer (if it was one) it does not register and you have to go back and reproduce the offer to fully accept it.

hope that makes sense.

this has happened to me as well (a very very seldom ocurrance, but for some time w/ this mod). Specifically, i think the issue is when you use the "check infoaddict" button from the leader screen on the first dialogue, and then after exiting via the "back" button, there is a screen freeze until you hit the escape button to release it. then you briefly see the second leader's goodbye screen and you're back to normal.

additionally, whether or not you accepted the first leaders initial trade offer (if it was one) it does not register and you have to go back and reproduce the offer to fully accept it.

hope that makes sense.

you described this very well, even better than me ^^

that's exactly the point

First off, wanted to say that I love the mod! It's the only mod I use in Civ, because I generally prefer the Vanilla Version of a game. But the Demographics section of Civ is sorely lacking in proper information, and the little popups of civ rankings are next to useless. Plus, I missed the visual representation of global politics that was present in Civ 3. Thank you so much for a great mod!

Now that I have the expansion pack and am using the updated version, I have noticed two problems.

1) Some of the text seems to be broken - on the third page of Historical Data, the three graph options (the text part) appears to be the name of the file location, with lots of underscores and such. I have been able to decipher the second two options because the same text is present (and also broken) in other locations of the InfoAddict screen. For example, I'm seeing TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_EMPIREATTR_FAITHPERTURN for one of them.

2) Some menu options are not available. I'm guessing this is because the settings for the mod to make room for the info addict option in the drop-down menu was not updated for the new menu organizational system of Gods and Kings. There is no religion option in the "Additional Information" dropdown (which isn't too big of a problem because I can access the same screen by clicking on my faith production overview on the top-left of the screen). The other thing that is missing is the new Espionage Button, which apparently is supposed to be in between Social Policies and Additional Information buttons. This is more of a problem as I don't know how else to access the espionage overview/management screen.

I hope that these can be fixed soon! Most of them aren't that much of a problem, but the espionage one does appear to prevent me from using espionage properly. Great mod none-the-less though!

EDIT: Fixed the problem. Turns out that it was an issue of Civ trying to run both v16 (previous version I had installed, used for the vanilla version of Civ without G&K) and v18. I didn't catch this at first because I only had v18 selected in the Mod List screen, before starting the game. But today I double-checked the required mods for my save game that had the issues, and noticed it listed both versions of IA. I went ahead and deleted v16, and now, even though the save game says it requires and is using both versions, all the errors I had before have been fixed!

If anyone else runs into a problem with IA and they're running v18 - make sure you delete v16 first!

I just wonder that if numbers of civilizations are more, lines which are drawn between civ icons to indicate an active relationship seem to be missing. What's the cause of this problem?

I subscribed to the Vanilla version for CiV... It appears in Steam Workshop under my workshop, but nothing appears in the Mod section when I load the game itself.

I'm not all that much of a "techie", and I'm sure this has been answered before, but step by step, how do you get this to actually load into the game? Do I have to do something to get it from Steam to the game or is this automatic?

thanks

Edit: OK...no need now for a response....I'm not really sure what I did to make it happen, but the mod is now "up and running" and it is a nice addition to the game....:)

Probably something obvious I'm missing here, but here goes... I'm running Gods & Kings (via Steam), I go to Mods and enable InfoAddict v18. I start a new game. I never can use InfoAddict?

I click on the scroll icon below the turn indicator and it's just the normal listing of 4 entries. I go into an AI discussion and no extra buttons show there either. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Probably something obvious I'm missing here, but here goes... I'm running Gods & Kings (via Steam), I go to Mods and enable InfoAddict v18. I start a new game. I never can use InfoAddict?

I click on the scroll icon below the turn indicator and it's just the normal listing of 4 entries. I go into an AI discussion and no extra buttons show there either. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I am having the same issue with G&K version of this mod. I subscribed to it via Steam and go to my mods and enable it and start a new game but it is not there.

Any suggestions??

Rob,

Does this mod prevent my scores from showing up in my Hall of Fame?

Charlie M

I just uploaded v19 of InfoAddict. It's a minor update with the following two changes:

• German translation update (thanks Delta187).
  • No longer replaces the diplomacy screen files to add the "Check InfoAddict" button. The button is added exclusively through mod files. Hopefully, this will help with an intermittent problem with leader screens (not entirely sure this is a problem with InfoAddict since I cannot recreate the problem consistently but this change might help with it).

Rob,

Does this mod prevent my scores from showing up in my Hall of Fame?

Charlie M
Interesting, since I use InfoAddict again my Hall of Fame doesn't get filled either. Bound to test it for sure tomorrow.

Top Bottom