• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Well I had heard that it grows on you and that the episodes increased in quality further along. And like I said, I didn't hate the show by any means. I wasn't bored when I watched the show, but it just didn't grab me in the way it appeals to bronies. I certainly wouldn't start a thread about it or change my avatar to a pony.

If there is a certain episode beyond the 14th that stands out as a good example for why the series is so adored, let me know. I'll check it out. But if it is more of the same, I'll know I didn't miss anything.
You've seen 14 episodes, so I'll recommend 14 more for you if you're interested in seeing some of the better ones (and by the way, season two was far better than season one).

S1E16 - Sonic Rainboom: This episode centers on Rainbow Dash and seems to be one of the most popular from season one. There are tons of fan-made PMVs (Pony Music Videos) that include scenes from this episode, including "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" by theslutfox which has over 5 million views.

S1E25 - Party of One: This one is a Pinkie Pie episode that is famous for her...reaction...to having her friends turn down invitations to a party. I won't spoil the ending in case you don't know how she responds, but again, this is definitely a fan favorite.

S2E1 and E2 - The Return of Harmony: This is another two-parter and one of the best episodes in the series. Namely because it gives the show it's second major villain: Discord, and it is frankly the better of the two season premieres.

S2E3 - Lesson Zero: Basically a Twilight Sparkle episode with her going insane. It's another fan favorite.

S2E4 - Luna Eclipsed: Honestly, I'm probably only mentioning this one because Luna (formerly Nightmare Moon from the first two episodes) is my favorite character on the show. Basically it has a few long-awaited characters (Luna and Zecora) return to the show for what is essentially the show's halloween episode.

S2E11 - Hearth's Warming Eve: I'd recommend this if you want to see some development of Equestria's history. It's also what would be considered the show's Christmas episode.

S2E16 - Read It and Weep: One of my personal favorites, this one has quite a few references to Indiana Jones and focuses on Rainbow Dash for most of the show while also giving you an interesting sub-plot in a book that she is reading.

S2E19 - Putting Your Hoof Down: If you are a fan of Fluttershy, this is one you'll want to see. The episode has her reverse her personality and has one of the better non-pony characters make his appearance.

S2E20 - It's About Time: Time travel, the canonization of Tartarus, and more Twilight going a bit crazy. I'd definitely put this one in the upper tier of the show's episodes.

S2E22 - Hurricane Fluttershy: A good Fluttershy episode, so again if you like her, then you'll love this one.

S2E24 - MMMystery on the Friendship Express: References. References everywhere. Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, and Ninjas are what make this episode so awesome. I actually bought this episode on iTunes because I enjoyed it so much.

S2E25 and 26 - A Canterlot Wedding: A two-parter that is my favorite of the entire show. Although parts are a bit annoying, it has so many amazing scenes that it easily tops my list of favorite episodes. I also bought this one. And I'd say more, but that would take away one of the best parts of the episode.

So yeah. If you aren't going to watch more than two more, I'd recommend "A Canterlot Wedding", both parts of it. It's my all-time favorite.

You've seen 14 episodes, so I'll recommend 14 more for you if you're interested in seeing some of the better ones (and by the way, season two was far better than season one).e with her going insane. It's another fan favorite.

Did you have all those memorized or did you look them up somewhere?

S2E1 and E2 - The Return of Harmony: This is another two-parter and one of the best episodes in the series. Namely because it gives the show it's second major villain: Q, and it is frankly the better of the two season premieres.

Fixed.

Did you have all those memorized or did you look them up somewhere?
Yeah, I did all the episode names and most of the episode numbers by memory. I double-checked at the end for accuracy though. :)

I had most of S1's episodes names and numbers memorized, but S2 doubled the amount of eps to 52 and that's just too many to keep track of.

conversation piece: has anyone here been to any meet-ups or conventions?

I went to fan fair in Austin. The last 2 summers I regularly attended the meets hosted by the Dallas group and I found the a&m group this year and have been going to those. I'll also be going to the big ren fest pony campout in houston on the 12-14

I still don't get what the big draw is about these ponies. I only watched one episode without having to grab an insulin auto injector (EpiPen with insulin in it).

Maybe I'm just way too cynical for them.

Is brony the new gay for intolerant parents?

I still don't get what the big draw is about these ponies. I only watched one episode without having to grab an insulin auto injector (EpiPen with insulin in it).

Which one did you watch, and if it wasn't the one with John de Lancie, you should watch the Season 2 opener.

Yesterday my mother told me she would be ashamed if I were a brony.

Start watching Powerpuff Girls in front of her.

Welcome to the club. My parents already know and they aren't to happy about it.

Be more ironic about it.

Is brony the new gay for intolerant parents?

It might be if a tenth of them knew what FiM was.

That's a possibility.

It took me several episodes to like the show. For the first three I remained unimpressed, realized I loved it when it was 3AM and I was on episode 7.

Check out the FiM entry for this. No one knows when exactly the series got objectively good, but it happened.

Top Bottom