[Map 030x070] New England

Sanotra

Wannabe Modder
Declare your independence as you unite your colonies in the historic land of America's founding fathers! Other European nations wish to claim the riches of the New World, and land will be claimed quickly. Fight them off, and establish a nation which will stand the test of time!

I am pleased to present...

New England

New England is a small map designed with the growing Religion and Revolution (RaR) mod in mind, albeit there is a non RaR version included for download. Enjoy a path to independence as you assimilate or destroy numerous small native American tribes, or enlist their aide to grab land from your white man neighbors. The whole of New England is up for grabs, as the fate of this historic land is in your hands!

You may now download New England v1.0_TAC and New England v1.0_RaR here.

New England is a small map (2100 square tiles, many given to mountains), yet classified technically as a Huge map. This was done to increase the number of native tribes, while reducing their individual strength. If you find the map to be therefore too easy, you can always try playing on the Revolutionary difficulty!

I think the most important thing on this map will be the original placement of land, since there is no map in COL yet which places only one type of europe tiles (east) and the land fills an entire side.
(Well, there is a map script -I recently converted to our mod- which also does that , first converted to COL by TC0: north_africa.py)

Note you always start at the east but the land areas seem to be always enlarged at the X axis, which don't make so much sense if you think about it! This type of maps are just more natural...

Also just noticed in your image how bad the vanilla sky texture is, I can clearly see the borders of the squares!! That was something I immediately fixed as soon as I saw it some months ago.

@raystuttgart: Absolutely Ray. :) Thanks.

@Isabelxxx: The screenshots were taken from TAC WB not vanilla. It appears boxy and you can see the lines because the map is 20 or so screenshots carefully put side by side. The unfortunate thing is while taking the screens, the clouds change constantly. If there is a way to zoom out and take a screen of the whole map at once, I would greatly appreciate learning how! :sad:

And about land style. North America was designed the same way. It's a simple principle really, if we feel compelled to have the Pacific appear on every map, we will never be able to zoom into a region, such as N.E. and N.A., and play in a specific area. Including the Pacific would require the map to be too large, or force the specific regions to be shrunk to undesireable levels. Yeah, I like how these are "natural". They're fun to play, and I am glad others are enjoying them as well. :thumbsup:

The screenshots were taken from TAC WB not vanilla. It appears boxy and you can see the lines because the map is 20 or so screenshots carefully put side by side. The unfortunate thing is while taking the screens, the clouds change constantly. If there is a way to zoom out and take a screen of the whole map at once, I would greatly appreciate learning how!
Go to any map and zoom out as much as possible, you should appreciate the same boxes if you take a look during some seconds!

Ok, but did you see what I told you?

I can post a screenshot to show the differences between my sky texture (check RaR) and the one included in vanilla. There are appreciable differences.

Top Bottom