Report Misleading Text HERE!

Horem

Emperor
Please try to report any misleading or wrong text in this thread.
Please provide this information in your bug report:-

• Name of the offending Item(Building, Unit ect).
  • Where the text bug is if you know(Pedia, Name, Help, Strategy)
  • Wether it is a Typo or miss informing information.

Shopping Mall building description states that the building allows you to gain 30 gold for each citizen in the city, however the actual benefit is much lower

Most of the traderoute (old vanilla) related Text need overwork.
Also some strange english words in my version, are linked to a broken text, not sure where it come from, but some stages in the game are english, when they should german. Looks like a overwrite wich creates some bugs.
Will report more when iam sure what is going on there.

Most of the traderoute (old vanilla) related Text need overwork.
Also some strange english words in my version, are linked to a broken text, not sure where it come from, but some stages in the game are english, when they should german. Looks like a overwrite wich creates some bugs.
Will report more when iam sure what is going on there.

Again, Gilgamesch, I'd rather you not bother at this stage. Let us produce a full update for BNW with some level of polish, rather than endlessly rewriting game text rather than only doing so at important junctures.

Shaman's hut gets a plus from wild berry
Trader gets pluses from Amber, and Jade
But I thing that Amber Jade and Wild berry are no longer resources in CCTP

Shaman's hut gets a plus from wild berry
Trader gets pluses from Amber, and Jade
But I thing that Amber Jade and Wild berry are no longer resources in CCTP

This will be fixed with the next version.

Again, Gilgamesch, I'd rather you not bother at this stage. Let us produce a full update for BNW with some level of polish, rather than endlessly rewriting game text rather than only doing so at important junctures.

Its not on my side for a complete owerwork. What i have done/doing is just looking to get CCTP working.
Sure its a mess to update all this stuff, when you can start from a fresh new place.
A complete overwork needs the community and of course Chrome, Fires and Horem back in the front.
Until this we only have a limited version under progresses.

At least, all my goals are running into my own mod, CCTP is just the great mod i love to play with. In my version and my own mod you play more then 1500 turns from the stone age till the future, and i can include all features i like to play with.

#All the best
#Gil

Hi,
I just loaded CCTP v3.5 (BNW) for the first time. It was looking great, until I founded my capital and clicked on 'choose production'. The production list didn't appear and I was immediately given a game stopping error message.

Texture Load Error
Unable to load texture [GOBEKLI_icon45.dds]

I was running MODS...
CCTP V3.5 (v.1) for BNW
CCTP master (V.3)

I went through the MOD folders for V.3 & V3.5 and found 'gobekli_icon45.dds' no problem; it was present in both folders. ART>GÖBELI>gobekli_icon45.dds

(I have all DLCs - I'm not including my game log because this all happened on turn zero)

Hi,
I just loaded CCTP v3.5 (BNW) for the first time. It was looking great, until I founded my capital and clicked on 'choose production'. The production list didn't appear and I was immediately given a game stopping error message.

Texture Load Error
Unable to load texture [GOBEKLI_icon45.dds]

I was running MODS...
CCTP V3.5 (v.1) for BNW
CCTP master (V.3)

I went through the MOD folders for V.3 & V3.5 and found 'gobekli_icon45.dds' no problem; it was present in both folders. ART>GÖBELI>gobekli_icon45.dds

(I have all DLCs - I'm not including my game log because this all happened on turn zero)

Try to enable only CCTP V3.5, i think this appaires while using both mods files.

"Tree of Live" should probably be "tree of life"

With my worker on a deer in the woods, the mouse-over of the camp says
Construct a camp ... and then gives 3 sentences about constructing ROADS, linking to capitals and requiring "the Wheel". Actually building the camp seems to work OK.

The building "pit" in a mouse-over hint and in the civopedia says "Production to very mountain" probably should say "Production to every mountain". Just checking, does Pit really allow a city to work a mountain hex. That is what the civopedia says and allows. I have not checked it yet.

"Tree of Live" should probably be "tree of life"

With my worker on a deer in the woods, the mouse-over of the camp says
Construct a camp ... and then gives 3 sentences about constructing ROADS, linking to capitals and requiring "the Wheel". Actually building the camp seems to work OK.

The building "pit" in a mouse-over hint and in the civopedia says "Production to very mountain" probably should say "Production to every mountain". Just checking, does Pit really allow a city to work a mountain hex. That is what the civopedia says and allows. I have not checked it yet.

Well my english:lol:

But yes a Pit gives yields +1 Production and Gold to each Mountain. That means Mountains are now workable. Many buildings and wonders allow this.

Gilgamesch, you need to get the text organized. I suggest that you create the following files in the CCtP/Text folder:

• CCTP_BuildingsText.xml
  • CCTP_MonopolyText.xml
  • CCTP_ResourceText.xml
  • CCTP_UnitsText.xml
  • CCTP_TechText.xml
  • CCTP_TechTreeText.xml

Anything that fits under these files should be moved to them; the remainder of the text can go into files in a "Misc Text" subfolder. But please, you need to consolidate all of the text; otherwise I don't know whether my text work will actually amount to anything.

Gilgamesch, you need to get the text organized. I suggest that you create the following files in the CCtP/Text folder:

• CCTP_BuildingsText.xml
  • CCTP_MonopolyText.xml
  • CCTP_ResourceText.xml
  • CCTP_UnitsText.xml
  • CCTP_TechText.xml
  • CCTP_TechTreeText.xml

Anything that fits under these files should be moved to them; the remainder of the text can go into files in a "Misc Text" subfolder. But please, you need to consolidate all of the text; otherwise I don't know whether my text work will actually amount to anything.

Right, but sended some files due overlook, and didnt included further files in the existens ones, because to avoid errors.

I will report missing text and text that is wrong/not updated here when I see it.

What: Many techs in general
Where: Tech tree
Bug: After tech name come this symbol "(". This is shown correctly in pedia but not here.

What: Tech - Fire
Where: Pedia/tech tree
Bug: Following text is wrong: Allow construction of fire eater, but that unit is not available before later. No point in having this text here.

Yeah iam heavy tipping in the lines into CCTP.

For example i added 10000es of lines of text to the Pedia entries.
Added and overworked endless help entries.
Fixed names and placeholders, that doesnt mean all placeholders will be gone.

Anyway it will take some more time for me to find and erase mislinked parts.
The mod is just to huge, its a slow work.....

Yeah I figured that "upps" was German for "replace" or something like that ^_^

To be honest i didnt started to use upps, a long time ago chrome used "upps missing text".

But iam to lazy so i just use upps, im not sure if only we german use it.

Anyway there will still be some placeholder, it take to much time to fill all missing parts at ones.
So the priority is the important parts first, then later the others.

Top Bottom