Global - Complete Eras (GK)

whoward69

DLL Minion
Hi whoward69,

Just a small question, does this stop the added load times? I have a "complete Eras" system Im trying out atm for CCTP but with the added tech prereq's(theres 140+) load times are about 3m on a medium end PC.

And im guessing this is on the wrokshop? (Dont have access atm)

Just a small question, does this stop the added load times?
NFI - don't use CCTP so no idea what overhead that is adding - BTW you can use the Stopwatch.log file to see where the time is being added by any mod xml/sql files

And im guessing this is on the wrokshop? (Dont have access atm)
Correct

Well the SQL code works faster than a rather large Insert/Select, atleast 2m quicker :), if ya dont mind, I am going to "borrow" you code for CCTP, full creds :)

Well the SQL code works faster than a rather large Insert/Select, atleast 2m quicker :), if ya dont mind, I am going to "borrow" you code for CCTP, full creds :)

Feel free

Any idea why your SQL code would not include all techs from an era(It missed 2 from Ancient, Archery and Fermentation(New Tech))? Would it be effected by Custom TechTree.lua? Since I did not include yours in the test mod I am trying out for CCTP, due to us having multiple tech trees(3 per Era).

Edit:
Fermentation is in last Column where Archery is in the second.

The SQL has to find all "end era techs" and all "start era techs".

Start era techs are those that have pre-req tech(s) in a different era. If a tech has no pre-reqs it will not be found (so Agriculture is not a start era tech as far as the SQL is concerned, even though it is)

Similiarly, end era techs are those that are pre-reqs of tech(s) in a different era, and for the similiar reasons Future Tech is not an end era tech.

Just because techs are visually at the start/end of an era doesn't mean the SQL will think they are - they need relationships to prior/later techs

If techs are being missed the question is then "do they have at least one pre-req relationship with later/earlier techs"? (As that's the logic for finding them)

Edit:

These are the "debugging queries"
-- All "start techs" by era
SELECT DISTINCT t.Era, t.Type AS StartTech FROM Technologies t, Technology_PrereqTechs r, Technologies p, Eras e
WHERE t.Type = r.TechType AND r.PrereqTech = p.Type AND t.Era != p.Era AND t.Era = e.Type ORDER BY e.ID, t.GridY;

-- All "end techs" by era
SELECT DISTINCT t.Era, t.Type AS EndTech FROM Technologies t, Technology_PrereqTechs r, Technologies n, Eras e
WHERE t.Type=r.PrereqTech AND r.TechType=n.Type AND t.Era!=n.Era AND t.Era = e.Type ORDER BY e.ID, t.GridY;

So how does this work exactly?

Is there a description of it somewhere?

Does each player have to finish up one era before the next unlocks or is it once someone completes all of the techs it unlocks the next era for everyone?

I'm curious if it is the first way if people who play with this find larger tech gaps.

Top Bottom