Modern World: Present Day mod in progress

Bryce3

King of Wessex
Hello. I don't know whether anyone will see this, but iv'e abandoned this mod. However, I'm now working on a similar mod: 'All Civilizations World'/'Reconstruction' with Zlatko. Like this mod, the idea is to have all nations (though not on the same map), but, unlike this, to allow you to play from 4000BC to the far future. So have a look at that - if you want to help, please talk to Zlatko.
But please do look through this thread - I asked a lot of questions on modding while making this and someone may find it helpful.

Basic Description:
Spoiler :
This mod now contains 50 present day civs. The mod is based upon Earth 2010 by Barbarian King, but I have added about 4 leaders per civ, as well as the nations of Spain, Italy, Greece, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Poland, Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea, Madagascar, Algeria, Cuba, Central African Republic, Iceland and Ireland. There is a WWI leader, WWII leader, cold war leader and current leader

Credits:
Spoiler :

-Civ Fanatics for all there help!
-Horizontal flags by asioasioasio
-Horizontal flags by dacubz145
-Leader graphics, Buildings and Units from Barbarian King's Earth:
Spoiler :
The mod for this scenario utilizes the work of various modders in this community, including Mikel Olsen, Ekmek, GarretSidzaka, NikNaks, bernie14, Techathon, cfkane, nitram15, The Capo, Methyl Orange, saibotlieh, asioasioasio, Chamadrys, woodelf, simpa, snafusmith, mechaerik, Bakuel, Xenomorph, KrugerPritz, Zerver, Lord Tirian, Esnaz, strategyonly, coffee junkie, Acronym 2, johny smith, j_mie6, the coyote, nudden, Den9510, and possibly others. Thanks also to jbryant for his assistance putting together the unique air units.
2010 Mod
-Jecrell's extremely helpful tutorial for making civ graphics.
-Information about countries taken from wikipedia.
-50 civs mod by dacubz145
-Scrolling Scoreboard by johny smith
-Refars seabridge (Not using-but leaving here anyway.)
--IF YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE HERE BUT YOU AREN'T THEN PLEASE SAY--

* External Site of Google Sites
(The Website is still up if you really care)

If I can make it so the max number of civs is around 270 (Unlikely but still):

No way that any computer could run that :lol:.

(P.S: Does anyone know how to change font size- I'm knew :) )

In the advanced reply box (hit the "post reply" button), you'll find some more options on the top, one marked with "sizes".

No way that any computer could run that .
Good Point! What do you think would be realistic?
In the advanced reply box (hit the "post reply" button), you'll find some more options on the top, one marked with "sizes".
Ok, thanks.

P.S: Thanks for all your help in my other questions.

Good Point! What do you think would be realistic?

No idea :dunno:, I guess the 50 civs dll is in most cases already enough to stress most computers to their limits. But don't really know, my machine is rather old and has already problems with 18 on a big map :dunno:.

52 is the max. number of alive players you can have in a scenario (not counting barbarians).

It can be increased to 62 if you use a hack, whereby civs have no leaders in civ-selection screen (i.e. all leaders use "blank" leader) and have leaders re-assigned by Python once the game starts. Alternatively making roughly 1/3 of players unplayable by human or insurgent (i.e. added mid-game) also solves the problem. 62 is the max. number of players in game.

It's not a matter of computer resources but Civ4 engine limitations. No matter how fast the computer and no matter what you put in the DLL, the EXE will crash with more than 62 players, while the civ-selection screen will crash if there are more than 52 leaders in a WBSave (to make long story short).

Why it's 52 and 62 is beyond me. I'd expect 63 (+1 barb) for a round number, but these I cannot explain.

270 nations? Wow, good luck.

How would you deal with really tiny nations, like the Papal State and San Marino, or civs whose independence is disputed (Taiwan, Nagorno-Karabakh, Azawad)?

270 nations? Wow, good luck.

How would you deal with really tiny nations, like the Papal State and San Marino, or civs whose independence is disputed (Taiwan, Nagorno-Karabakh, Azawad)?

I'm going to make them all but in the earth scenario i'm only going to do major ones. If I do specific ones such as the Middle East, for example, instead of having Northern cyprus I would just have turkey owning those cities

Leader: Alexander Ankvab
Building/Unitstyle: Middle Eastern
Speaks: Russian
UU:None
UB:None

Civilopedia: Civ

Civilopedia: Leader
Original:[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
In game:

IF ANYONES GOT AN ANIMATED LEADERHEAD FOR ALEXANDER ANKVAB CAN YOU PLEASE SAY AND POST IT HERE : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12018193#post12018193
I have used putin but a reskin would be great : (I HAVE USED PUTIN BY EKMEK FOR NOW BUT IF SOMEONE COULD RESKIN IT OR MAKE A SPECIFIC ALEXANDER ONE PLEASE POST IT ON THE OTHER THREAD)
Also, if you have an Abkgazian civ I can download or an Idea for a UU/UB please say so. I'm pretty good at re-skinning by using paint. I don't want to use the arabian one or russian one because then it wouldn't be unique!

NEXT CIV:AFGHANISTAN
Credits:
Spoiler :
-Wikipedia for civilopedia text and flags and leader graphics

I was going to use the J's war n peace mod but I can't work out what to change. Can anybody help :help:?
Edit:
from CvPythonExtensions import *
import sys
import Popup as PyPopup
import CvUtil
gc = CyGlobalContext()
bDebug = False
lEvents = []<-Does it go here?
Spoiler :
<Event>
<Attacker>CIVILIZATION_GERMANY</Attacker>
<Defender>CIVILIZATION_FRANCE</Defender>
<Type>WAR</Type>
<Map>-1</Map>
<Date>-3920</Date>
<Turn>-1</Turn>
<Message>TXT_KEY_GERMANY_DECLARED_WAR</Message>
</Event>

lApplicableEvents = []
Also, for the peace thing. Is it possible to make it so that they can declare war?

I was going to use the J's war n peace mod but I can't work out what to change. Can anybody help :help:?
Edit:

Also, for the peace thing. Is it possible to make it so that they can declare war?

Most notable for that one file at which you're looking:
###MODDER READ THIS:
###You do not have to change anything in this file
###all changes have to be done in the CvEventManager.
###This file just has to be in the same folder like the CvEventManager.py.
;)

Defining war and peace situations themself have to be done in Assets\XML\CustomXML\WarNPeace.xml .

If you want that they're able to declare war, then go to line 52 in WarNPeace.py, and add a # to the beginning of this line.

I was asking for modern scenarios for ages :goodjob: Nice to see somebody trying to do it. We have Google Earth, why can't we have BTS Earth -- but 270 Civs is a wrong approach. Top 20 countries in each of the categories of GDP, population and land area is a more prudent approach! SOme countries will overlap, so we will have 40 Civs max.

I was wondering if there is a mod that would allow me to program something so that AI civs change there names through time. For example: Kingdom of England>Kingdom of Great Britain>United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland>United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Most notable for that one file at which you're looking:

;)

Defining war and peace situations themself have to be done in Assets\XML\CustomXML\WarNPeace.xml .

If you want that they're able to declare war, then go to line 52 in WarNPeace.py, and add a # to the beginning of this line.

Ok, thanks. Just wondering, if I put <Type>-1</Type> would it mean that they can declear war and make peace freely?

I was asking for modern scenarios for ages :goodjob: Nice to see somebody trying to do it. We have Google Earth, why can't we have BTS Earth -- but 270 Civs is a wrong approach. Top 20 countries in each of the categories of GDP, population and land area is a more prudent approach! SOme countries will overlap, so we will have 40 Civs max.

I'm going to use 50 civs max using this. I'm going to do the modern equililents of most of the standard BTS civs, then add some ones that will make it more intresting and ones that people really want to play.

Top Bottom