Hawaii 362x362

Gojira54

The folly of Man
This map was done in December 2012, at the express request of PinkMothra07, after we watched the Honeymoon video of my wife and I flying over one of the volcanoes in Hawaii way back in October 2005. I showed her my previous map of Hawaii, and she asked for something "Zilla sized" :)

Land is accurate and detailed, however the Ocean is intentionally not, for speed reasons.

I highly recommend the following settings for gameplay:

1. Disallow Oceanfaring
2. Allow settlers to build on all but mountains\volcano
3. Set mountains to not allow wheeled units, then make all but workers and scouts wheeled.
4. Lengthen the movement points in mountains to be 10+
5. Play around with when you want to clear jungle and marsh, and when they should be disease free.

Screenies:
Spoiler :

You can download it here.

As always with any of my work, you can use\modify it at any time for any reason, just please try to give credit where credit is due :)

You can find my 2006 180x180 map of Hawaii here

I should add that by disallowing oceanfaring, you will make most of the map unexplorable, which should save you turn times since this is not a tiny map.

By only allowing explorers and workers to cross mountains you force a few things when at war with someone not your immediate neighbor:

1. Navy is very crucial at all times
2. Air force is crucial later
3. You must either have a territory pact with any civs in between you and your enemy, or slowly cut a path through the mountains to them, or destroy everyone between you and them. Or make peace.

Thanks Ares.

If anyone is interested in making a Hawaiian scenario, I have quite a few Hawaiian resources in my sig, and Balam-Agab has just released some Hawaiian units here.

Top Bottom