Soldiers of the South Seas: Polynesia

Balam-Agab

God King
A variety of warriors from Polynesia. Useful as barbarians or for a Polynesia civ.

Rapa Nui (Easter Island)

Samoa

Nuku Hiva (Marquesas Islands)

Hawaii

Download

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Plotinus, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Note: I haven't been able to test these guys in game, so give me a heads up if there are any issues

imediat dowload! so i am very glad to see another small civilisation covered. it seems that balam-aqab makes a very usefull enterprise :thanx:

Balam-Agab, thank you very much for your nice and interesting units.:thanx:
I can´t wait to test some of these units in the Australian/Oceanian civ in the next version of CCM. :)

Thanks, all for the kind words.

Also will you release the Maori separately or is he in a different pack?

I have a few Melanesian and Micronesian units in progress as well, so they may get lumped in with them, or I may release them alone earlier. We'll see.

Balam-Agab, thank you very much for your nice and interesting units.:thanx:
I can´t wait to test some of these units in the Australian/Oceanian civ in the next version of CCM. :)

You're welcome, and there's more to come (see above). I also have some Aborigines to be released soon, once I get the boomerang animation working properly.

Balam-Agab, most of the animations of the Rapa Nui Warrior have the wrong names. No big deal to fix it, but I think I should tell you about it. Very funny is the Hawaiian Noble Warrior: It looks a liittle bit as if he would play table-tennis.:)

Very nice units! :) Among your upcoming units, will there be one fighting with a sword (or something like this?)

@ Civinator: I guess it will rather be "something like this", because Polynesians usually had no access to metal (this is why Cook's crew made good business trading ship nails). :)

Balam-Agab, most of the animations of the Rapa Nui Warrior have the wrong names. No big deal to fix it, but I think I should tell you about it.

Oops, how embarrassing :blush:. I'll fix that and re-upload it soon.

Very nice units! :) Among your upcoming units, will there be one fighting with a sword (or something like this?)

There are pictures of Hawaiian officers with European sabres in Kamehameha's army (erly 19th century) like this, although I'd imagine that they're more ceremonial than anything. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, I could make one fairly quickly (i.e by the weekend) and upload it when I have fixed the Rapa Nui warrior.

What about Polynesian horse units....they did not use horses? - And Balam - Agab, what about Dacian unit pack?

There are pictures of Hawaiian officers with European sabres in Kamehameha's army (erly 19th century) like this, although I'd imagine that they're more ceremonial than anything. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, I could make one fairly quickly (i.e by the weekend) and upload it when I have fixed the Rapa Nui warrior.

This one could be an interesting Polynesian swordsman. :):yup: At pesent I have the Poly swordsman done by Swoggie, but this unit looks somewhat strange.

Would make for an interesting King / GL. It'd be nice to have one to match this set. Especially if it includes the attack animation.

Top Bottom