Where to submit BNW crash reports? - crash at turn 392

Adjuvant

Emperor
I have a crashed game to submit. It happens after I end turn 392. I have defense pacts with AI opponents who have subsequently denounced me. Possibly this is making some exception if Kame is dow'ing me? I've no clue. For all I know, it's some unit movement on the other side of the world.

Anyway, here is the save, right before the crash. It's in BNW with all DLC.

Attachments

• Washington_0392 AD-1764.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
When you hit next turn, do you crash immediately, or do you get the Archaeological Dig Complete notice first?

Additionally, do you see a .mdmp file in your Civilization root folder that has a date/time stamp for when you crashed on this save?

The folder is located here (at least on my machine):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\

Looks like you found one. It has to do with playing Washington specifically, and finding an Archaeology site that does not belong to anyone (it sits outside of anyone's borders). Completing the dig can cause a crash.

Looks like you found one. It has to do with playing Washington specifically, and finding an Archaeology site that does not belong to anyone (it sits outside of anyone's borders). Completing the dig can cause a crash.

I am having the same problem. Will this be fixed soon?

I was away a couple days and apologize for not responding earlier. I'm glad you got it sorted out and happy to have helped.

I had a similar problem, playing as Washington when game locked up at end of turn. I was able to load the auto-save and end the turn and have it ask me to decide what I wanted from an Archaeological Dig Site, which was outside of anyone's territory. Attached is that autosave file for your reference.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0302 AD-1864.Civ5Save
    950.6 KB · Views: 56
And here is an autosave of the first BNW game I tried as Washington. It too had an end-of-turn lock up due to an Archaeological Dig outside of anyone's territory. I was able to reload this autosave and get it to continue playing. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• 0ldAutoSave_0363 AD-1943.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
Do you know when we might expect a patch for this? Also what happens if you build a city on top of an antiquity site?
Thanks all.

Or perhaps a workaround until the patch?

Some people have mentioned that they can simply hop over a turn or two and then resume exhuming the arch dig. But, that doesn't seem to work for me...still crashes when I go back to work on the dig even after skipping som turns.

Just out of curiosity, what video cards do you guys have? Could that be an issue? All drivers updated on my Raedon HD 7800.

Do not know if Civ 5 forum lets these types of files post...the Civ 5 Forum definitly does not allow posting of the crash files - tried twice now - any other place to post them...

Do not know if Civ 5 forum lets these types of files post...the Civ 5 Forum definitly does not allow posting of the crash files - tried twice now - any other place to post them...

Please .zip them, then you should be able to upload them.

I was occasionally able to get them to work. It seems to fix itself if i excavate one in my territory and then until i shut off the game they all work fine. I wonder if it would fix if I excavated someone else's? :mischief: Off to try. Also I built a city over the one I couldn't get and building over antiquity sites destroys them.

Hey there! First time poster, blah blah blah--now down to business.

I got around this crash by loading up the DirectX 9 version of the game.

Don't want to play DirectX 9 version. It does seem that doing something before digging outside of territory prevents the crash. AMD HD 7950, yeh, latest drivers, etc.

Having a dig inside territory does not work.

Here is the info on a ticket I submitted to 2K support.

My game crashes when a new dig outside my territory playing Washington is completed. I found several reports of this in 2K Forums and Civilazation Fanantics Forum.

A suggestion was starting a dig inside the territory first then outside. I tried this with no success. I have completed a game with external territory digs once, so there is a workaround.

In saving the game files, I stopped the archaeologist dig then progressed to next turn, which was impossible then, as soon as I started the dig it crashed.

1. Video card has updated driver. Attached DxDiag.txt file.
2. BIOS is up to date. Attached system_info.txt file. A04 on Dell XPS 9100.
3. Just installed game and double checked updates, so most recent version of DirectX is installed.
4. I deleted the files in the following folder: \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache. As well as config.ini, GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini and GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini in \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\
5. Attached mdmp crash files that were present under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V - File named mdmp.zip
6. Game files attached show the crash pretty well. Order is (a) Nowels_0417 AD-1997.Civ5Save. This is when the crash first occurred. (4:50 pm) (b) Nowels_0417 AD-1997_NO_DIG.Civ5Save which is when I turned off the automation on the dig and choose skip turn for the archaeologist. (4:54 pm) (c) Nowels_0417 AD-1997_FOLLOW_2.Civ5Save is the file just before I hit next turn with archeologist dig paused and every thing completed. (4:56 pm). (d) Nowels_0417 AD-1997_FOLLOW_AFTER.Civ5Save is the game when it progressed to the next turn successfully. (4:55 pm). The file attached with these files is Nowels_0417 AD-1997_NO_DIG.zip.
6. Then I resume dig and crash immediately, even before hitting next turn.

Don't see how to attach files. If I can I would.

Remember, the crash is when completing a dig in no-one's territory, not just outside your own territory. It has to be on completely neutral ground to trigger the crash.

Top Bottom