Assyria made me berserk... need advice

Totally irrevelant, but just saying for the fun : I'm playing with Assyria right now, and just found Babylon as one of my neighbours. I just unlocked a great general, and it's Sargon^^

My understanding is that once a penalty is applied, it is applied forever. Razing a city immediately is better than razing it later.

AFAIK, the tech penalty applies to tech cost, not to beaker production.

What I am sure of, is that when you raze a city immediately, you take no tech penalty. If you take it, keep it and then change your mind and raze it, then you keep the penalty, at least while the city still exists. Then, I don't know.

I should make a playtest for city selling, too.

I'd guess the science penalty works like the social policy penalty. I never thought about it before, but maybe someone already checked in G+Ks.

When you raze or sell a city, does the penalty on culture cost of SPs remain or disappear?

So, I've just made a bunch of experiments and noticed something very weird...

Before I took a city, Civil service required 333 :c5science:

When I immediately decided to raze it : Civil service requirements decreased to 325 :c5science: And permanently so, even after the disappearing of the town.

When I decided to annex the city, then Civil service cost increased to 337 beakers. I also took the culture hit. And all of this was permanent : penalties remained even if I burnt the town (even after its complete destruction) or gifted it to somebody else.

When I puppeted it, Civil service cost increased to 337. However, if I sold/gifted the puppet : -> Civil service cost decreased to 325 !

Where does the decrease come from ?

I guess it deserves a topic.

So, I've just made a bunch of experiments and noticed something very weird...

Before I took a city, Civil service required 333 :c5science:

When I immediately decided to raze it : Civil service requirements decreased to 325 :c5science: And permanently so, even after the disappearing of the town.

When I decided to annex the city, then Civil service cost increased to 337 beakers. I also took the culture hit. And all of this was permanent : penalties remained even if I burnt the town (even after its complete destruction) or gifted it to somebody else.

When I puppeted it, Civil service cost increased to 337. However, if I sold/gifted the puppet : -> Civil service cost decreased to 325 !

Where does the decrease come from ?

I guess it deserves a topic.

Good work. Yes,needs more investigating. Especially for the murderously inclined...

Top Bottom