A Tale of Common Things

Would like to claim Congress Poland if it's available. Still will remain as an interested observer if it's not available.

Sorry, no Congress Poland.

The Russo-Sicilian Alliance

The Empire of Russia and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies agree to a defensive alliance, whereby

I. The Empire of Russia and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies swear to pledge each other mutual assistance in event of attack on either by a foreign power,
II. The Empire of Russia and the House of Romanov guarantee the political and territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, and its independence under the rule of the legitimate House of Bourbon.

- Count Karl Robert Nesselrode on behalf of His Imperial Majesty Nicholas I, Emperor of Russia

The Russo-Sicilian Alliance

The Empire of Russia and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies agree to a defensive alliance, whereby

I. The Empire of Russia and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies swear to pledge each other mutual assistance in event of attack on either by a foreign power,
II. The Empire of Russia and the House of Romanov guarantee the political and territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, and its independence under the rule of the legitimate House of Bourbon.

- Count Karl Robert Nesselrode on behalf of His Imperial Majesty Nicholas I, Emperor of Russia
- King Carlo Ferdinando of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

Treaty of Trieste

Article I: The Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies agree to a mutual defensive pact, with an attack on either being equivalent to an attack on both.

Article II: The Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies agree to a non-aggression pact to last 20 years.

Article III: The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies agrees to support the status quo of the Italian Peninsula.

Article IV: The Empire of Austria agrees to come to the assistance of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and the House of Bourbon in the event of internal insurrection at the request of His Majesties government

Article V: The Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria and Don Ferdinando of The Two Sicilies, as a sign of the concord and friendship between the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and the Austrian Empire shall be betrothed to marry.

~signed, His Imperial Royal Apostolic Majesty, Ferdinand I, Emperor of Austria, Apostolic King of Hungary, King of Bohemia and so forth and so forth.

~signed, Prince Klemens von Metternich.

Treaty of Trieste

Article I: The Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies agree to a mutual defensive pact, with an attack on either being equivalent to an attack on both.

Article II: The Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies agree to a non-aggression pact to last 20 years.

Article III: The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies agrees to support the status quo of the Italian Peninsula.

Article IV: The Empire of Austria agrees to come to the assistance of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and the House of Bourbon in the event of internal insurrection at the request of His Majesties government

Article V: The Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria and Don Ferdinando of The Two Sicilies, as a sign of the concord and friendship between the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and the Austrian Empire shall be betrothed to marry.
- King Carlo Ferdinando of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

Moratorium on all stats/rules changes from this point until after Update 1. Orders deadline is now Wednesday, October 9th. Please send orders in ASAP. If you still have a problem with any stats or rules you may bring them to my attention but I won't be making any changes until after Update 1.

Whoops dont mind me

The question of whether or not the Netherlands recognises the independence of Belgium is immaterial to the fact that Belgium is independent through the agreement of the Concert of Europe. If the Netherlands wishes to act against this, as has been its oft-stated wish, it is welcome to try.

The Concert of Europe is clear on the matter of Belgian Independence, if the Netherlands wishes to act contrary to this than it cannot expect its actions to escape the displeasure of other powers.

Treaty of Venice

Article I: The Principalities of Parma and Modena, and the Grand Duchy of Tuscany agree to a non-aggression pact with the Empire of Austria for 20 years.

Article II: The Empire of Austria, agrees to defensive pact with Parma, Modena and Tuscany, to be invoked by an attack by a third party on Parma, Modena or Tuscany

The Empire of Austria, has entered the above treaty with the Principality of Parma, and its fellow Habsburg monarchies of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany and the Principality of Modena.

The Empire of Austria, has entered the above treaty with the Principality of Parma, and its fellow Habsburg monarchies of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany and the Principality of Modena.

Parma, Tuscany, and Modena all affirm the treaty.

We will not stand for the Belgian rebels. They have unrightfully broken their allegiance to the Netherlands, and that will not go unpunished.

OOC: I realize there are treaties for such, but there was a war against them in history and I am going to pursue the war.

Treaty of San Antonio

-The Republic of Mexico hereby recognizes the sovereign and independent nation of Texas, to be governed by Texans in a manner of their choosing without interference, administratively, militarily, or economically by the Republic of Mexico for a period of five years, concluding on December 31st, 1840.

-The newly sovereign nation of Texas shall recognize the previously establish borders between Mexico and the United states as outlined by the Treaty of Limits (ratified 1832), with the exception that the territory between Colorado river, the Territory of New Mexico, the international border with the USA, and the Atlantic ocean form the nation of Texas.

Effectively, Texas will be awarded the territory between the Colorado River and the USA border as its own sovereign soil to administer and govern as it sees fit. It shall also recognize the limits of its territory to not extend into the New Mexico territory or beyond the Colorado river.

-English or Spanish-speaking individuals living or making residence on the eastern side of the Colorado river may choose to immigrate to the Republic of Mexico to take up residence there. The government of the Republic of Mexico shall compensate these families fairly for the cost of their homes and land and will provide adequate funding for these individuals to make their way into the interior of the Republic of Mexico

-English or Spanish-speaking individuals living or making residence in the Coahuila y Texas province of the Republic of Mexico, may choose to immigrate to the newly sovereign state of Texas to take up residence there. Their lands and homes in the Republic of Mexico shall become the property of the national government of the Republic of Mexico and any financial compensation for their lost property or cost of travel will be incurred by the newly sovereign state of Texas.

-All prisoners taken in previous engagements shall be returned to their homelands.

-Prior to the end of the five year agreement, on December 31st, 1840, the sovereign nation of Texas will decide, by whatever means it wishes to do so, if it wishes to continue its independence or return to Mexico as its own specially administered province, with rights over its own language and religion, and its own local provincial capital.

Should it, however, decide to remain independent, the nation of Texas shall provide £250 K in compensation to the Republic of Mexico, payable in £50 K yearly installments (with the first payment due on December 31st, 1840), in compensation for the lands forfeit by Mexico in this agreement.

Signed,
on behalf of the people of the Republic of Mexico,
Miguel Francisco Barragán Andrade
Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón

Treaty of San Antonio

-The Republic of Mexico hereby recognizes the sovereign and independent nation of Texas, to be governed by Texans in a manner of their choosing without interference, administratively, militarily, or economically by the Republic of Mexico for a period of five years, concluding on December 31st, 1840.

-The newly sovereign nation of Texas shall recognize the previously establish borders between Mexico and the United states as outlined by the Treaty of Limits (ratified 1832), with the exception that the territory between Colorado river, the Territory of New Mexico, the international border with the USA, and the Atlantic ocean form the nation of Texas.

Effectively, Texas will be awarded the territory between the Colorado River and the USA border as its own sovereign soil to administer and govern as it sees fit. It shall also recognize the limits of its territory to not extend into the New Mexico territory or beyond the Colorado river.

-English or Spanish-speaking individuals living or making residence on the eastern side of the Colorado river may choose to immigrate to the Republic of Mexico to take up residence there. The government of the Republic of Mexico shall compensate these families fairly for the cost of their homes and land and will provide adequate funding for these individuals to make their way into the interior of the Republic of Mexico

-English or Spanish-speaking individuals living or making residence in the Coahuila y Texas province of the Republic of Mexico, may choose to immigrate to the newly sovereign state of Texas to take up residence there. Their lands and homes in the Republic of Mexico shall become the property of the national government of the Republic of Mexico and any financial compensation for their lost property or cost of travel will be incurred by the newly sovereign state of Texas.

-All prisoners taken in previous engagements shall be returned to their homelands.

-Prior to the end of the five year agreement, on December 31st, 1840, the sovereign nation of Texas will decide, by whatever means it wishes to do so, if it wishes to continue its independence or return to Mexico as its own specially administered province, with rights over its own language and religion, and its own local provincial capital.

Should it, however, decide to remain independent, the nation of Texas shall provide £250 K in compensation to the Republic of Mexico, payable in £50 K yearly installments (with the first payment due on December 31st, 1840), in compensation for the lands forfeit by Mexico in this agreement.

Signed,
Manuel Lorenzo Justiniano de Zavala y Sáenz
Vice-President of the Republic of Texas

Spain and Austria have agreed to the following arrangement in principle.

Austro-Spanish Declaration of Friendship

Article I: As a sign of the friendship between the two countries, Archduke Franz Joseph, and Queen Isabella II shall be betrothed to marry upon reaching legal age.

Article II: Austria shall support the legitimate right to rule of Her Most Catholic Majesty Isabella II as Queen Regnant of Spain

Article III: Austria and Spain shall sign a pact of concord and friendship, and 20 year non-aggression as a sign of their commitment to amicable relations

~ His Imperial Royal Apostolic Majesty, Ferdinand I, Emperor of Austria, Apostolic King of Hungary, King of Bohemia and so forth and so forth.

~ Prince Klemens von Metternich

-

ooc: I'm posting this here, several days after the agreement was privately reached, since The_Machine (absent for presumably RL reasons) has not done as I requested he do if he wished to confirm the agreement, and post an acknowledgement of the betrothal on the thread. Hopefully seeing this he will be able to confirm satisfactorily the arrangement we both agreed too privately via the means of a formal treaty style arrangement.

The British Government requests the opinion of the United States on the Treaty of San Antonio and the political status of the Republic of Texas.

The Russian Empire finds the Austro-Spanish Treaty directly opposed to the goals of the Berlin Declaration to maintain the "current political status of Spain." The treaty would most likely produce an Hapsburg heir who would inherit a union of both Austria and Spain, an arrangement that would upset the delicate political balance of Europe and be inimical to the goals of peace and stability. Thus if Austria were to renege on its obligations, St. Petersburg would consider its prior diplomatic agreements with Vienna null and void and move for the expulsion of Austria from the Berlin Declaration.

The British Government concurs with the Russian Government.

Top Bottom