Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

One thing I've found out while trying the mod is that the icons in the unit panel are vertically misaligned when using the game's small interface option
Finally got to take a look at the picture, I had misunderstood: the icons are too high. This is controlled by changing line 38 in UnitPanel.lua "206-24" to "260-38" this will lower the icon stack (the icons are not smaller as envisaged initially, forgot about this). Will be included in next release...

The idea is that the right side of the screen is for external events / diplo / info about other civs, the left side is for internal empire control: city list, unit list, unit panel commands...

Yes I understand the idea, but it is obvious that we need more space. Don't get me wrong, what you had done is great. I am just trying to find ways to improve it and I believe natural civ players will be able to distinguish which side covers which aspects of the game.

Right now there is too much information on the right side and none on the left. All I say is that if somehow one could show some of the information on the left of the screen then it would be much easier and more user friendly.

There's no way I can make this DLC compatible with every mod out there. Try disabling DLC components, for example in this case remove the TopPanel subfolder from the UI_bc1 folder.

Thanks. I removed TopPanel from other mods and now they all work with each other. :D
Your top panel is much more useful, since it shows extra resources that player and AI has, as well as AIs gpt, so you don't have to visit each leader to see if they have anything for trade. Oh, and I really dig side panel, :goodjob: for organized planing. :goodjob:

Actually, cities won't show boarder growth and info like they did, but it's not a game breaker like messed up top panel, so it's ok. :D I mean, you can always click on a city and see what you need.

I downloaded and extracted the folder to the DLC folder.
However when I go into 'DLC' on the startup menu, I don't see it.
I checked and it's in the DLC folder.
Am I missing a step someplace?

Thanks.

When I go into a game I saw a lot of overlapping lettering on the top bar so that it's indecipherable and there is no sidebar information.
I'm also using WHowards UI mods so perhaps there is a conflict.

I downloaded and extracted the folder to the DLC folder.
However when I go into 'DLC' on the startup menu, I don't see it.
I checked and it's in the DLC folder.
Am I missing a step someplace?.
You have it correct, this UI DLC won't show up on the DLC startup menu because that list is hardcoded in the game engine (or queries a DLC tag which I have not discovered).

When I go into a game I saw a lot of overlapping lettering on the top bar so that it's indecipherable and there is no sidebar information.
I'm also using WHowards UI mods so perhaps there is a conflict.
The side bar / ribbon is only displayed when options - interface options - "single player score list" is UNchecked (so the two don't overlap, and it also gives a convenient way to disable it).
This UI DLC affects base game UI, so it is not friendly with other mods which do the same. But it's modular, so you can try disabling conficting modules by removing the corresponding subfolder from "UI_bc1".

You have it correct, this UI DLC won't show up on the DLC startup menu because that list is hardcoded in the game engine (or queries a DLC tag which I have not discovered).

The side bar / ribbon is only displayed when options - interface options - "single player score list" is UNchecked (so the two don't overlap, and it also gives a convenient way to disable it).
This UI DLC affects base game UI, so it is not friendly with other mods which do the same. But it's modular, so you can try disabling conficting modules by removing the corresponding subfolder from "UI_bc1".

Where do I find the game options - interface options - 'single player score list' so I can uncheck it?
Just thought - maybe in the game options menu. I was looking for a special options menu for this only.
Thanks.

I removed the 'top panel' sub-folder from UI-bc1 and unchecked 'single player score list' but, unfortunately, I don't get panels on the side.
I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Maybe more incompatibility with WHowards mods, though those mods don't have sidebars.
Too bad. This seemed like a good mod.

I removed the 'top panel' sub-folder from UI-bc1 and unchecked 'single player score list' but, unfortunately, I don't get panels on the side.
I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Maybe more incompatibility with WHowards mods, though those mods don't have sidebars.
Too bad. This seemed like a good mod.
Try it without Whoward's UI mods, and see if it works. If there are still things that don't work, or things in Whoward's UI mods which you miss, report them here and I'll have a look.

Uploaded version 1.4
  • Fixed some bugs (and probably created new ones :lol:)
  • Cities: clicking on city state banner's quest icons will jump to encampement if relevant
  • Diplo: show ally flag on city state ribbon, clicking on quest icons will jump to encampement if relevant
  • Diplo: sort the city state ribbon list by decreasing influence
  • Diplo: sort the civilization ribbon list by decreasing score
  • Diplo: add open borders icons on civilization ribbon, add a player icon, change friendship icon to a flower
  • Diplo: expanded the mouseovers
  • PlotHelp: improved the filtering of what gets displayed, now taking into account the unit currently selected (no more info on farms and mines while making war, effect of academies etc only shown if appropriate great person is selected )
  • TopPanel: expanded the mouseovers, and the large tech meter mouseover will now show tech overflow cues

Try it without Whoward's UI mods, and see if it works.

The following mods of mine will be incompatible with this mod (due to changes to core files in the indicated "section" of this mod)
  • Global - City State Gifts (BNW) : Diplo
  • UI - City Expansion : Cities
  • UI - City Happiness : TopPanel
  • UI - City Production Queue Enhancements : Cities
  • UI - Condensed Promotions (GK) : UnitPanel
  • UI - Diary : TopPanel
  • UI - Gold Alerts : TopPanel
  • UI - Great Work Manager : TopPanel
  • UI - Improved City Banner : Cities
  • UI - Notification Options (GK) : Diplo
  • UI - Overlay {Xyz} : MiniMap
  • UI - Summary {Xyz} : TopPanel

Note that the last two {Xyz} ones match multiple of my mods

EDIT: Global - City State Gifts (BNW), UI - Improved City Banner and the UI - Overlay {Xyz} mods will replace functionality in this mod, please do not report these as "broken" - you have to decide if you want the features from this mod or one (or more) of those mods!

:eek: so basically nothing works together :crazyeye::cry::sad:

The other 157 mods (including 18 UI ones) should be compatible, so I'm not sure I'd say "nothing works" :mischief:

Is there anything that could be done with reasonable effort to improve compatibility ?

Currently investigating (I just did a quick search of all my mods for all the core game files your mod changes to get the above list)

The other 157 mods (including 18 UI ones) should be compatible, so I'm not sure I'd say "nothing works" :mischief:
:lol:great news:goodjob: I did not realize there were so many of them :crazyeye:
Currently investigating (I just did a quick search of all my mods for all the core game files your mod changes to get the above list)
I am perfectly willing to make changes on my side if that can help

I am perfectly willing to make changes on my side if that can help

Minor changes to TopPanel.xml (search for "TooltipTypeDiary") and TopPanel.lua (search for "-- WH") to fix

• UI - City Happiness : TopPanel
  • UI - Diary : TopPanel
  • UI - Gold Alerts : TopPanel
  • UI - Great Work Manager : TopPanel
  • UI - Summary {Xyz} : TopPanel

players will need to download the latest versions of these from my web-site (which I'll update later today)

Great suggestions :D !
To improve the independence between the mods, may I suggest the following:
Spoiler :
- the EUI DLC changes "CurrentTurn" type from "Label" to "TextButton" (and also for date, just in case...) as per your code so hooks can be attached
- your mod hooks its tooltips and callbacks by calling "SetToolTipType()" and "RegisterCallback()" on ContextPtr:LookUpControl( "/InGame/TopPanel/xxx" ) where xxx is "CurrentTurn", "HappinessString", "GoldPerTurn", "TourismString". Actually this is needed to avoid breaking the EUI DLC's own callbacks if your mod is not loaded (and keeping in mind DLCs are loaded before mods, this should work regardless of whether the EUI DLC is used or not since these objects are present in the unmodified game)
- I am not sure "TooltipTypeDiary" actually needs to reside in "TopPanel.xml" rather than in one of your mods' own .XML if set by Lua "SetToolTipType()" rather than xml "ToolTipType=", if so could "ChangeParent" be used to work around this and preserve mod independence ? No sweat making the change you suggested, though. Edit: actually why don't you use the existing "TooltipTypeTopPanel" ? Both seem to be the same...
- I don't understand what the "LuaEvents.SummaryOverlayOffset(Controls.TopPanelDiploStack:GetSizeX() + 30)" is for. UI items could easily be added to the "TopPanelDiploStack" by using "ChangeParent" to ContextPtr:LookUpControl( "/InGame/TopPanel/TopPanelDiploStack" ), now that this stack has an ID in the EUI DLC. Would this not work out better ?
- I don't understand what the "LuaEvents.TopPanelOverlayNotify.Add(function () LuaEvents.TopPanelOverlayOff() end)
LuaEvents.TopPanelOverlayOff()" is for. If this is to check wether the EUI DLC is loaded, would it not be cleaner to query its GUID (it's 570f793e-fc33-417f-ae19-7cecccdd5f85) (or the existence of "TopPanelDiploStack" ID by ContextPtr:LookUpControl( "/InGame/TopPanel/TopPanelDiploStack" ) returning an object)
Cheers

Most of items 1, 2 and 3 are moot, as the standard TopPanel.xml has these fields as labels not text buttons (which is why I use an overlay over the top panel) so LookupControl is useless as labels don't have the necessary methods

SummaryOverlayOffset() is something my own mods use to push my summary bar about on the top panel (mainly to shuffle out of the way of IGE), your new design of top panel breaks any mod (including mine) that make assumptions about the top panel

TopPanelOverlay... are some events I added for another modder to switch off the top panel overlay - to avoid text clash issues. Your new design changes the standard layout so it can be used to switch off my overlay buttons on the top panel

Up to you if you want to make your new top panel layout collaborate with my mods, fully understand if you don't. But the code in post #38 will allow users to patch their own systems to get the various mods to work together.

Top Bottom