Need help with import warcraft unit model

epicss

Warlord
hi,
I try to import a unit model from warcraft 3 into civ5, it shows good in blender and granny viewer

but won't display in game.

I can't find a guide on how to import model from other games, so I import the model to civ5 follow this guide by Deliverator : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=394056
I'm new to model making. Can someone help me to fix the model?
thanks

Attachments

• blenderHuntress.jpg
    blenderHuntress.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 985
  • grannyViewerHuntress.jpg
    grannyViewerHuntress.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 818
  • bugHuntress1.jpg
    bugHuntress1.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 134
  • bugHuntress2.jpg
    bugHuntress2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 201
  • huntress_gr2.7z
    134.7 KB · Views: 60
  • huntress_blender.7z
    723 KB · Views: 58
I can tell by looking at your granny picture that the scale is way off and you have done a .fbx conversion. Deliverator has come up with a much more accurate way by applying a mesh to a existing skeleton through his nb2 format.

I can tell by looking at your granny picture that the scale is way off and you have done a .fbx conversion. Deliverator has come up with a much more accurate way by applying a mesh to a existing skeleton through his nb2 format.

thanks for the reply!
My model was too small, when I load it in granny with a Delivertor’s templates model, my model is nearly invisible! I'll scale it up

recreate the mesh seem too difficult for me now :)
hope I can make the model without animation first

thanks for the reply!
My model was too small, when I load it in granny with a Delivertor’s templates model, my model is nearly invisible! I'll scale it up

recreate the mesh seem too difficult for me now :)
hope I can make the model without animation first

If you follow the link that S3rgeus said you should not need to recreate the mesh (just copy and paste it into the civ5 template) or make animations as it will use the animations of the unit you are using as a template.

If you follow the link that S3rgeus said you should not need to recreate the mesh (just copy and paste it into the civ5 template) or make animations as it will use the animations of the unit you are using as a template.

I have another question.
My model doesn't have vertex groups defined, is it a must to defines these vertex groups(since it seems really hard)? If not define these vertex group, can the model show in game without animation?

I have another question.
My model doesn't have vertex groups defined, is it a must to defines these vertex groups(since it seems really hard)? If not define these vertex group, can the model show in game without animation?

Yes you need every vertex group that the civ 5 template has. However you do not need to assign vertexes to every vertex group (minimum of two are needed) and you can't have any un-assigned vertexes.

Good stuff, I know there are quite a few people after fantasy units. What do you mean by no animation? Did you not apply it to a template and just made your own model? If you are doing your own animations I would be interested in how you get on.

Good stuff, I know there are quite a few people after fantasy units. What do you mean by no animation? Did you not apply it to a template and just made your own model? If you are doing your own animations I would be interested in how you get on.

I use a spearman template, but didn't assign all vertex groups, just assign 2 of them, so the animation won't work correctly
assign all vertex groups correctly seems really hard and time consuming

another model from starcraft:

Yes the biggest problem with fantasy units is finding a template that is actually usable animation wise and has the bones in the right place. Unless someone can figure out a good/easy way of importing animation I don't think we can convert that many over to civ 5.

Top Bottom