TABLE OF CONTENTS

Chapter One

Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations RAND
3000 BC
World size: Huge
Climate: Cold
Likeness to Earth: High
Saladin of the Arabs

Ahh, I've wanted to play around with RFC-RAND for so long... I've played about 1000 years of an Arabia campaign already and have built up a formidable bank of screenshots around which to build this story. The updates themselves will be here very soon - so keep your eyes peeled!

subbed

Yes, RFC RAND!

Chapter One

Allāhu akbar, Allāhu akbar. Ash-hadu an-lā ilāha illā allāh . Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan-Rasulullāh. Hayya'alas-ṣalāh. Hayya ʿalal-falāḥ. Allāhu akbar. Lā ilāha illā-Allāh...

It's impossible to know when the muezzin's call was first heard in the streets of Mecca, and more impossible still to know the stirring it must have set in the hearts of the city's Muslims. Much of what we know of the Arabs before their earth-shattering explosion onto the world stage is, indeed, only conjecture. The deserts of Arabia had long been a dagger pointed at the fertile heart of Eurasian civilization - but quiet still, mostly unmoved by the outside world. The Arabs whom Muhammad preached to were much the same as those whom Alexander once dreamed to conquer. The restless and independent spirit of the Arabs was just as eternal as the desert sands themselves.

What, then, was it in this message that stirred them from their long stasis? What about it resonated with them so profoundly that it compelled them to carry it to the four winds, to seek to conquer all of the world for the word of their God? This too it is impossible to know, but it is here that our history begins...

Author's Thoughts:
I could've asked for worse starting spots. Plenty of coast tiles for growth and trees for early production, three hills (I think one may have aluminum or some other late-game resource in it), two dyes and a fish. Mecca will be a decent city, but the far nicer Carthaginian and Babylonian heartlands are nearby...

Last edited:
Interesting start...

nice start

d00d, I've been reading so much Islamic philosophy lately you wouldn't even believe...

So I'll be here to call you out on any Eurocentric prejudices that manifest. :cool:

RAND is always fun. Subbed.

Goodness, I had such high hopes for this one. I'm working on the finale to 'Legacy of Byzance' as I type to you now, but I have to announce with some regret that this story won't be getting quite the same completion. My life turning very busy over the last couple of years might have kept me from piling all the beautiful frills and flourishes onto this story that I might have wanted, but I do have all the remaining screenies in an album here to show you just how it all ended and perhaps offer a sense of closure to anybody who was invested in this. Thanks for reading. :)

Top Bottom