Dawn of Russians

Royal council:
I think we should train three settlers, to found one port in black sea and one city on stone in Urals.
For the third city I think a port in Caspian sea, Perm (west of middle urals) or inside northeastern forests.

I think we should settle Nevsky in a good production city. Any suggestions?
Moskva, Caricyn and Kiev are our productive cities.
Kiev doesn't have stable, so I would prefer Caricyn or Moskva.
If no suggestions are made I will settle him in Moskva.

Yeah I was wondering that too. Duke is just the anglicized version. Like Czar is Caesar is Emperor. Same with Kaiser. (Because the Byzantines gave the Russians a looot of their culture, and a new language base.)

Sure I'm fine with being called "boyar".

Both of you will be known as boyars from now on, and your realms will be known as "boyardoms".

If I may ask:

It seems everything is going nicely while you have this number of cities, but what are you going to do with the story participants roles' when this number increases a lot? Russia won't be small forever, and I believe there isn't enough available players here for every city you get if you aim on achieving your uhvs.

I hope more participants will join in the future.
There are also some civic opportunities waiting to be discovered, but let this system to thrive.

Unregistered cities isn't a problem.
As you can see I assert grand Duke's authority when something seems vital, or when the local duke boyar requests nothing.

Edit:
We'll probably take more than one city in the end or our civics could change

The system will change in the future (except if you like vassalage so much you want to keep it until the end). Until then boyars will control single cities, one city per boyar.

Yeah I was so confused :lol: But it's all ogre now :D

Yes I did, I was also referencing one of the weirdest videos to ever be made. I will not tell you what it was, I will not link it. :p

Boyar of Caricyn offered Nevsky a home. Nevsky stayed in Caricyn and found a military tradition that goes from generation to generation spreading the experience from Mongol wars into the future. This is the second military tradition in Muscovy. The first being the elite longbows of Kiev. However, the elite longbows of Kiev is a closed elite society of a small number of soldiers. Nevsky's approach was radically different and his teachings could be applied in all sorts of military units. This action made Caricyn officially the military trainining center of the grand Duchy.

Spain was a fanatic of pope. Isabella worried about the "depressed" catholic minorities of Kiev and Uglish. However, depressing the overwhelming majority wasn't a choice.

At last the mongol-muscovian wars were over. Ivan needed to pay a tribute to Mongol empire. However, he wanted to end this war as soon as possible to focus on domestic development.

Ivan cancelled old deals and signed new deals with our partners. He was succesful in our friends and enemies! Fortunately muscovian economy produced anything needed in Muscovian people, so all deals were exports. These exports funded our research in an effort to catch up with the rest of the world.

Ottomans declared their state in anatolia. Like Arabians, the relations were bad.

Historians of the time neglected us. They believed we weren't relevant enough. This must stop.

Ottomans gained a lot of terrain in a sort amount of time. Ivan declared Krasnodar a distinct administrative center. Krasnodar served as the port to black sea and prevented Ottomans to gain control of south Russia. Muscovian church spread christianity to prevent the spread of Islam in the area.

The grand duchy of Muscovy doubled its population in 81 years. The population kept our relevance in Europe high.

Poland put effort in Lwow to gain influence in the area against Kiev. Fortunately, orthodoxy spreaded in Lwow, so this influence remained low.

Ottomans conquered our brothers. Now, Muscovy was the only true christian power on earth. Ivan claimed Byzantium's legacy. Moscow from now on was known as "Third Rome". Muscovy became the protector of orthodox peoples of Balkans. Should Muscovy try to liberate them from ottoman rule or maybe not?

Muscovy was strong enough to fight Mongols back, but our neighbours believe they can blackmail us!

Ivan expanded his realm to Gurev. Gurev had access to the rare in Europe silk, it was a port in the Caspian sea, and it could reach fine stone resources in the north. However, development of Gurev need patience.

Sankt-Peterburg's population was large. Citizents were frustrated, their city was the only major city that didn't have a single church! Ivan sent some army units to calm down the citizents.

At last we discovered engineering, although 100 years after it was needed.

Ivan slept in his bed and never stood up again. He died. His reign was amazing. He managed to establish Moscow's control over all peoples in Russia. He protected them against external threats and unified them into a large power in Europe. The grand Duchy of Muscovy died with him. Unfortunately, Ivan was memorised by his enemies in the future as "terrible". It was the terror against his own people? It was the terror against Mongols? Was his performance poor? Historians agreed that he was terrible, but every historian had his own reason.

Crier's speech:
Our Grand Duke Ivan died! Peter is declared the new grand Duke of Muscovy!
Grand Duke Peter applies new reforms in our polity! All boyardoms are abolished!

Royal council:
Hello, everyone! I am Peter, the legitime successor of the throne. I already conducted reforms to our state.
We are a big state in Europe, so "grand duchy" doesn't fit us. After the destruction of Byzantium, we are the legitime successors of Roman Empire. So, from now on I will be known as tsar (caesar).
I am the legitime ruler of all russian people and not just Muscovy. Citizents of other cities won't suffer the tyrrany of Moskva anymore. Our official name has changed to Tsardom of Russia to represent these two changes.
Ivan remained in history as terrible, because he limited the powers of boyars, so he made many enemies. I abolish completely this title. However, I introduce two new titles, that will constitute the new russian nobility. Barons and Grafs(counts). So our empire constituts of baronies and grafinyas. Those, who stayed loyal to me during my coronation, will recieve the equivalent titles.

Ok, enough with the introduction. What shall we discover next? I propose Music to complete the patriarchate of Kiev.

Our economy is still weak. We need more taxes, but our people need to produce more wealth to have more taxes. Any idea on this may be usefull.

There is a lot of room to expand in the east. Shall we expand now or postpone it? Anyone who volunteer in training settlers or workers?

Graf Matthias I:
Army is trained. Orthodox temple is built. Patriarchate cannot be built at this point. What's next?

Graf TheNoob:
Your got the great military instructor as you wish. However, this means that you will train most of our army, beacause your city trains the most experienced units in the whole Russia. Orthodox temple built.

To other Grafs:
Other grafinyas produce according to the ordered production qeueus.

EDIT:
Unregistered:
Krasnodar, Gurev
Are we going to need some new people to own our new ports?
Yes, I would like to deliver them to new people. However, I can give you temporary control of new cities as baronies, but you will give them back to claimants, if asked.

I will allow the building of structures for tax collection once the forge is finished.

I vote we all work together and use our workers to build small towns so we may tax them, and with that extra gold I say we start expanding east.

I vote we all work together and use our workers to build small towns so we may tax them, and with that extra gold I say we start expanding east.

I oppose this motion. Farmers are the backbone of every great empire and we would be foolish to neglect their needs.

Once Kazan has a Granary and a Forge in place it is to train a worker or two if it has at least four population, if that is not the case build Barracks instead.

I for one welcome our new tsarist overlord.

I as well oppose this movement.

We must build our cities up! Once we have large enough cities then we can expand and tax the people.

Top Bottom