Visually Distinctive Terrains Pack

Cousken

Chieftain
You might already know what this is, but here's a short description anyway:

I had a problem of seeing what terrain type a tile is without looking on the tooltip, so I decided to create mods that ammend this. I retexture the games terrain so that all the terrain types are more distinctive and easier to distinguish between.

By popular demand i'm releasing a download pack for those who have problems getting things off the Steam Workshop. I appreciate a critique and any message that helps me track the mods popularity.

Download all 3 Visually Distinctive biomes

Since the file size limit on this site is 10mb and the mod is 20, I'm trying Google Drive as a file host. I'll post new links or updates in this thread if i ever release any ^^

Being one of the people who asked annoyed you for a direct download i must say :thanx:

I had gotten around and used my personal trick to get them from steam and overall like them better than the vanilla graphics.

I've been able to put them in my assets folder so they are loaded by default btw. Not sure if you figured how to do it but i could explain if you wish.

Thanks Bob :)

I wasn't really annoyed, just didn't understand why someone would need them off steam. I actually have managed to make it work out of my assets folder :)

If you wish, you could write a short guide for the good people of Steam. I'll throw in some miasma textures (they only work via assets as far as i know), and upload it there. Unfortunately i don't have the time to work on modding at the moment :(

I personally would be interested in how you get this working out of the assets folder.

EDIT: Ah I see. Seems like I have to copy paste everything by hand. :p
EDIT 2: Aaaaand it doesn't seem to be working. I need a guide. xD

Extract the zip file ... to your Assets folder here:
Code:
[path-to-Steam]\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\
EDIT: [path-to-Steam] is usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Then you have to edit your config.ini located here:
Code:
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\
...and set LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1

Got it?

Top Bottom