My Little Pony: Civilization is Magic

clanky4

Emperor

Update:
Added Sea Ponies as a playable civilization. Complete with a new unit artstyle, Unique Unit, and Unique Building. Also fixes a few XML files from the initial release.

Mods are asleep post pony mods

The Mod:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23476

MLP: Civilization is Magic makes several numerous art, sound, and XML changes while leaving the basic rules in place. For the time being the mod is just an elaborate paint job of BTS.

the mod features the following:
  • 10 civilizations inspired by the show
  • 'New' unique units and buildings for each civ (they need to be balanced)
  • Completely new pony unit art
  • Replaced tech buttons for most of the tech tree with different quotes
  • Replaced civic buttons
  • Replaced a good deal of applicable text with the term "pony"

I'm still looking to develop this mod somewhat. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments I would be appreciative and more than happy to hear them. Right now the civs, their UU, and their UBs and unbalanced or just plain useless. Once the existing civs are better balanced out I'd like to add a few more. My end goal 18 civs.

HOLY WOW THAT'S A SHIPLOAD OF AWESOME :D
You sir, have made my day! There was an old MLP mod by Farsight, but it didn't include models and didn't look this awesome and DOWNLOADING :D

Perhaps you might want to work on the leaderhead models a bit more. As of now, they're rather jerky and very stiff. It's still impressive that you got all these models, but their animations are a bit weird.

Indeed, I'm not the most skilled at animation, and it really shows in the leaderheads. When I was making their kfs initially I was just trying to get in about 6 or 8 "poses" they would transfer between. Poses would have ~50 frames in between each other to give the model time to move. Unfortunately what wound up happening is that either the model went all slow motion to the next pose or it moved to it too quickly. I was just worried about them looking like statues so I tried to make the poses somewhat distinct of each other. Which just ended up making them spaz out. Though I do like their greetings. The idle kfs and Celestia's refusal kf need some work.

One of these days I'll have to redo their kfs with far more subtle movement.

I went ahead and redid celestia's kf. They are a bit more subtle in transitions and just in general more fluid. Please let me know what you think. If they are any better or if I went entirely in the wrong direction. :lol:

Attachments

• princesscelestia.7z
    413.3 KB · Views: 193
Wow, this is some impressive looking stuff. Is it ok if I reuse those units in my own Civ5 mods?
I haven't played CivIV recently enough to be able to comment on balance issues, but let me know if you'd like to use anything from my Civ5 ponification mod. I've got originals lying around for most of the art in it.

I'm getting errors when I try to run the game after loading the mod.

Failed Loading XML file XML\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_unit.xml.
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File
File: XML\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_unit.xml
Reason: Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.

And then about 100 more similar errors after that.
Any ideas?

So, umm. Equestria is misspelled as Equestia in the leader select screen and the Civilopedia. Just thought I should mention that.

Also, something is wrong with the compression on the music soundtrack files, or at least the MelodicPony ones. When the game plays them, they come out staticy. They are currently encoded at 48000 Hz. You need to save them at 44100 Hz for the game to play them correctly. I suggest using Audacity for this.

Ugh, figures that I would discover this mod right when my PC is unusable. I'll make sure to download it once I fixed it or got a new one.

I... just... PONY UNITS?

Have a Rainbow Dash, my good sir/ma'am! :goodjob:

Mind if I used them for my Equestria civ?

Congratulations, man! You got featured on Equestria Daily!
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/12/civilization-iv-pony-mod-with-actual.html
:D I'd expect a lot more downloads soon.

My life is now complete :lol:

Wow, this is some impressive looking stuff. Is it ok if I reuse those units in my own Civ5 mods?
I haven't played CivIV recently enough to be able to comment on balance issues, but let me know if you'd like to use anything from my Civ5 ponification mod. I've got originals lying around for most of the art in it.

You are by all means free to use whatever could be of use. Just be sure to credit the original creator, I got a giant credits list around here somewhere.

I'm getting errors when I try to run the game after loading the mod.

Failed Loading XML file XML\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_unit.xml.
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File
File: XML\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_unit.xml
Reason: Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.

And then about 100 more similar errors after that.
Any ideas?

Is your BTS updated to 3.19? I'm not sure what else could be causing that error.

So, umm. Equestria is misspelled as Equestia in the leader select screen and the Civilopedia. Just thought I should mention that.

Also, something is wrong with the compression on the music soundtrack files, or at least the MelodicPony ones. When the game plays them, they come out staticy. They are currently encoded at 48000 Hz. You need to save them at 44100 Hz for the game to play them correctly. I suggest using Audacity for this.

Well that's embarrassing. Thank you for pointing that out. I haven't noted any difference in between how the sound plays from the media player to in game. Probably because my PC is kind of old.

edit:
I looked through the diplomacy files and only luna and cadance's diplomacy music were 48000 Hz. I saved them through audacity as 44100 Hz. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Were there any other sound files which sounded weird?

I... just... PONY UNITS?

By all means. Feel free to use anything that could be of use.

I... just... PONY UNITS?

Ahah, I remember when I asked you (naively) if you could work on some pony units for that mod.

You should makes some retextures for the buildings, though. Make them look more like ponyville cottages.

Also, the archers look odd, standing on only their back legs. Maybe have them be unicorns that levitate the bows?

You should makes some retextures for the buildings, though. Make them look more like ponyville cottages.

Also, the archers look odd, standing on only their back legs. Maybe have them be unicorns that levitate the bows?

The houses look like this right?

I can give it a go I'm not all that great at skinning though. How does one even change the the Building artstyles for cities. I have never even tried to do so.

As for the archers they were initially going to do something similar to that, which is why all of the basic archer units are unicorns. I could add the great prophet glow effect that the grenadier currently has to the archer. Might not work so great for the longbowman though.

Top Bottom