The Great DoC UHV v 1.12 challenge

Viking, Paragon/Normal, 600 AD scenario
Victory Date: 1400 AD
Score: 23807
SVN 910

Basically I repeated the strategy I used before.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13404946&postcount=382
Take England's core and get a Great Scientist ASAP to bulb Compass(don't get Meditation before that). Settle Reykjavík and whip a pagan temple there. After 10 turns your settler boat can pass through. As for the pirating part of the goal, use your Huscarls, Catapults, Galleys and Triremes! You may want to adopt the Mercenary civic at start, when you are rushing for London. Oh and don't forget to settle on the iron in England 2 turns after their spawn, it makes the whole thing a lot easier.

I guess I also need to mention the starting city locations. The first two goals are quite urgent so you'd want to utilize the resources. I didn't settle any city east of my core, they are just to far away(from the battle fields) to be helpful.

Attachments

• Ragnar AD-1400 Turn 261 UHV.CivBeyondSwordSave
    681.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 308
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 313
Mali UHV, Paragon/Normal, 600 AD scenario
Victory Date: 1700 AD (Virtual Victory at 1660 AD)
Score: 4843
SVN 910

Mali games are luck dependent: ideally you want to flip a few units at start(preferably a Camel Archer) to help you defend the barbarians. Then you pray that Moors have trouble building the University of Sankore, because otherwise it's impossible to win.

I settle my 3rd city, Accra immediately after I traded Sailing, and built a market there and then hired merchants there. I didn't build cottages at first, workers built a few farms and camps and then built a road across the Sahara(which made sure my Great Merchant arrive in Mecca in time).

I was lucky(one needs some luck to win Mali UHV) to be able to trade some techs(with some money) early on, including Feudalism and Compass and Machinery, and the barb situation wasn't too bad(lost no Skirmishers) so I got to cottage the flood plains without much trouble. University of Sankore was built in Gao, and a Great Prophet from Accra settled there as well. In 1500 AD I was able to have 5000 gold.

I didn't research or trade for Guilds, it just isn't worth it. Instead, I sent a settler along with workers and Skirmishers(and a missionary) to settle south Africa. And then I settled 2 more cities along west African coast. Staying on 3 cities definitely would not win me the game. With another 2 Great Merchants(1 from Gao and 1 from Accra), I was able to accumulate 15000 gold by 1660 AD. Pretty lucky game, barbs weren't that bad like in my previous tries.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 274
  • Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Mansa Musa AD-1700 Turn 321 UHV.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • Mansa Musa AD-1660 Turn 313.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 153
Prussia UHV, Monarch/Epic, 1700 AD Scenerio
Victory Date: July, 1982 AD(Turn 192 in 267 turns)
Score: 6101
SVN 920

At the beginning of the game, I capture Roma for Sistine Chapel. It helps a lot for culture. Also you will control Italy after you get Roma.

Then destroy all iron mines to produce catapults, about 10-15, then build iron mines, produce pikemen with City attack II, update to riflemen, then you have a lot riflemen with City attack II.

Conquer Dutch before it signs defensive pacts with other civs, it will collapse after Amsterdam falls. At the same time 100% espionage to England, steal techs from England, with you research by yourself, it keeps your tech ahead.

Keep produce military units and conquer France, then Austria may be vassal to you(high possibility). At last conquer England and the Russia.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Prussia svn918 2015-1-29.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Canada UHV, Monarch/Epic, 1700 AD scenerio
Victory Date: 1945 AD(Turn 150 in 267 turns)
Score: 3119
SVN 920

Play as Canada is very special, because according to the UHV, you can't get city with conquer(not only cities in Canada, the UHV2 will be lost if you conquer any city). You must settle cities as soon as possible. All cities in Canada except St. Johns will join Canada at the beginning, I get Montreal, Toronto, Labrador City and Halifax. Product settlers in Montreal and Toronto, you need to settle Winnipeg, Calgary till Vancouver as soon as possible. The America may settle to Canada quickly, so DON'T OPEN BORDER WITH USA. You can open border with USA after you settle all cities you need in Canada.

Another point is St. Johns. Just make all espionage points to England, the put spies to St. Johns, spread culture, till St. Johns joins to Canada. Also you can get 1 or 2 great spies, get espionage points to America and steal techs after open border.

Stop 12 wars is a little luck dependent. When there are some respawned Asian or African civs fight with their metropolitan states, you can finish it easily. And I get 12 in this way.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Canada AD-1945 svn920 2015-3-1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
I'm having trouble with the english UHV and I can't seem to find a guide here, can someone link me please? Much apreciated!

Hi, long time since I ve been playing Civ.

I got a win as Germany (Paragon/normal). Finish time 1600!

Wasnt all that hard, the hardest part was getting both Holy cities at the same time more or less.

I went full War mode from the start:

1) Clear Vikings from Denmark with initial stack, to be safe behind my lines
2) Then build only units and launch 2 stacks at the holy cities. Biggest stack, conga line of troops was for Jerusalem.

The Sejluk Invasion looks scary, but Somehow they help you more than they are a danger. I gambled and move my stack all the way to the holy city, ignoring the Sejluk. Most of their units attacked the arabs and didnt hit my troops much!

Rest was easy once I figured Drama ASAP (to get those Artists quick) is the Tech priority, before Paper.

Germany is a fun scenario! Lots of actions from the start :)

Attachments

• Barbarossa AD-1600 Turn 301.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 83
Id:
Version: SVN 927
Scenario: 600AD
Civilisation: Mali
Difficulty: Monarch
Gamespeed: Normal
Score (normalised): 2547 Dan Quayle

Victory info:
Type: Historical
Actual Date: t140, 1700AD
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rglvvztjcsr7okj/Mansa Musa AD-1700 Turn 321.CivBeyondSwordSave?dl=0

Image:
Spoiler :

Strategy:
Timbuktu will train one merchant for pilgimage. Maybe build a route to Tripoli is a good idea, every turn counts!
Accra will train th great prophet and Timbiktu the second merchant.
Use the second merchant to go a trip to China (trade mission in holy city pays a lot), not Constantinopolis (only 1800 :treasury: instead of 2000).
The third city should be your worker/settler/war elephant farmer. try to maintain a good balance.

Your sources of gold are these:
*Great merchants 4000:treasury:
*Trade routes: most gold per turn comes from here. The most vital source of income.
*The golden age: make sure to control many tiles and towns by then.
*Slave trade: the pombos and impis you defeat can help your income. More difficult in latest SVN though.
*Wealth. It seems inevitable.

I was lucky that a camel archer flipped to me at spawn.

Id:
Version: SVN 894
Civilisation: Poland
Score (normalised): 6909 Hebert Hoover

Victory info:
Actual Date: t115, 1575AD
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eigyak2lw7whrur/Sobieski AD-1575 Turn 296.CivBeyondSwordSave?dl=0

Image:
Spoiler :

Strategy:
Conquer Kiev ASAP. Conquer Budapest at some point, it is a very productive city and can generally help your game.

This game was interesting, I managed to conquer Athens and Constantinopolis.

You can conquer Russia at mongol attacks, if prepared.
You can try to found protestantism, but you risk to lose Liberalism.

Id:
Version: SVN 931
Civilisation: Mongolia
Score (normalised): 16554 Augustus Caesar

Victory info:
Actual Date: t271, 1450AD
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yhrd5by42ogiat/Genghis Khan AD-1450 Turn 271.CivBeyondSwordSave?dl=0

Image:
The unifification of eurAsia
Spoiler :

Strategy:
Reload until China declares war :D.
Attack the subdefended cities, use bombards for the heavy fortified chinese cities.
After China conquer Tibet, then Korea (you may need the bombards).
After that go for Persia, Mesopotamia, Levant (Jerusalem=more money from shrines).
Then go for Arabia, Egypt, Mughals, Turkey, Khmer, Thailand and last Russia.
Prioritise indies.

Use extensively slavery to train many hordes.

Razing:
You can only raze Pyongyang, if Koreans found Vladivostoc and maybe some Indian cities. You need all of the rest for the 12% goal.

Tech tree: Calendar->Drama->Music->Fund culture

If you don't like reloading, then make sure to train A LOT of units.

Id:
Version: SVN 951
Scenario: 3000BC
Civilisation: Harappa
Score (normalised): 31964 Augustus Caesar

Victory info:
Actual Date: t73, ?BC
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k5bmdx1rb9ptgh/Vatavelli Bronze Age Turn 73.CivBeyondSwordSave?dl=0

Spoiler :

Strategy:
WARNING! Spoiler ahaid...
Spoiler :

1st UHV:
The only civ you can have contact is Babylon (and China if you manage to discover hunting, train a scout and explore Indian and Indochinese coast in time).

Send initial warrior to explore pesian gulf coast from Hindus basin to Euphrates basin (need to declare war to Shush).
Train worker (ASAP is optimal).
Discover sailing ASAP.

2nd UHV:
Build your second city near rice and your third city near flood plains. Stay out from Indian flip zone! It might hurt your stability, but you wouldn't like to lose your cities, would you?
Make sure to reach 4 pop in all three cities at about discovering masonry. Rush baths and walls.

3rd UHV:
In fact there is plenty of time for this and more than one ways to do it. Maybe the most amusing is discovering animal husbandry, training chariots and reclaim India from the so called "Indo-Aryans". Show them that India was, is and will be Dravidian! (Unfortunately, you can't halt their vedic religion :lol:).

Proposals:
Harappa has in fact the best UP in DoC. Their core is very productive and I'm sure human players can exploit them very well for other sorts of victory.

Their UP should expire in classical age, else their overpowered. And this horse near Bombay should go somewhere else, maybe near Delhi. It isn't only for balance, it is unhistorical. Harappans didn't know horses.

^^ Good game! :goodjob: And yes, I agree with those proposals!

Id:
Version: SVN 951
Scenario: 3000BC
Civilisation: Harappa
Score (normalised): 31964 Augustus Caesar

I wonder if this stragery can be used in Emperor and Paragon. Yesterday I've tried Harappa in Emperor and it's impossible to complete UHV1&2 at the same time.

I wonder if this stragery can be used in Emperor and Paragon. Yesterday I've tried Harappa in Emperor and it's impossible to complete UHV1&2 at the same time.

It can be done, but not using this strategy.

You don't have enough time to research both Sailing and Masonry so you have to use a road connection. You either rely on Babylon building a road from Babilu to the Tigris or you DOW on them very early and build the road there yourself, then sue for peace later and finish the connection across Persia.

Either way is risky, as Babylon very rarely connects the road, and if you DOW on them you risk them killing your starting warrior and worker before the road is finished.

I find the best strategy is to play Marathon difficulty and send the warrior straight to the square NE of Babilu and camp there. If you are lucky you will be fully fortified before Babylon has any units, and they will attack you with one unit at a time giving you a chance to recover and gain experience. You'll need to win a couple of battles, often against bowmen, which relies a bit on luck, but if you are willing to repeat the game a couple of times you can do it.

As soon as that road is in place you are basically fine, as you can go back and hook up the wheat then return to connect up the road in time for the UHV.

(Unfortunately, you can't halt their vedic religion ).
I disagree. I founded Buddhism and it vastly overtook hidusim as the the dominant religion in south, central, and east Asia in my game. :D Of course, I was also on the lowest difficulty level, so... you're probably right for the rest of the difficulty levels. :mischief:

Top Bottom