JFD's Custom Civs CPP General Discussion

Funak

Deity
Or JDF-CCCPPGD for short. :D

I figured if I'm going to use them I have to have somewhere relevant to report bugs/general weirdness that may or may not be exclusive to CPP. His original thread is way too long and way to spammy for me to post information that may or may not be relevant, especially since I can't know for sure if the bugs/weirdness/issues are exclusive to CPP. Also there are way too many people in that other thread and they are making me unconfortable :D

1. As reported before the siegeweapons that are supposed to spawn from the Frankish Paladin don't seem to spawn.

2. I think I'm not able to trigger the Faith-transfer part of the Armenian UA. I know I had this problem when I tested this mod back in vanilla, but somehow solved it, I just don't remember how. So is there some kind of trick to it or does it just plain not work in CPP?

1. Was working the last time I tested it, and I can't imagine there would be an issue between this effect and the CBP. But I'll double-test.

2. It won't show up in the top panel unless your using my Dynamic Top Panel (which you can't use with the CBP), but it should work as normal.

1. Was working the last time I tested it, and I can't imagine there would be an issue between this effect and the CBP. But I'll double-test.
It probably is CPP only and if it uses the same spawn unit mechanics as events&decisions it is probably the same problem, as units from events don't spawn in CPP either.
I just thought I'd report it anyways as I don't have the ability to figure out why it doesn't work, and I can't think of anyone else who cares :D

2. It won't show up in the top panel unless your using my Dynamic Top Panel (which you can't use with the CBP), but it should work as normal.
Hmm, I don't recall gaining any faith at all early on however, the founder was at 10 faith per turn and I was at 0 and my total faith didn't change over the turns. But you could be right, I was not paying that much attention.

Thank Funak for pointing me here,

So African War Elephant doesnt show up as Hannibal UU anymore because the unit is distributed to all civ as general unit in CBP. Is there any way to work around that?

Because the unit is deleted, there is no practical way to make both Hannibal and CBP work nicely together. This'll be the same for Denmark-Norway, because of the Norwegian Ski Infantry, and Henry VIII, because of the Longbowman.

Because the unit is deleted, there is no practical way to make both Hannibal and CBP work nicely together. This'll be the same for Denmark-Norway, because of the Norwegian Ski Infantry, and Henry VIII, because of the Longbowman.

You could give Hannibal the quinquereme/Great Cothon (one of the ones CPP-Dido have) just to make the civ playable if less unique.

Same thing with Norway, you could just give them the longship I guess. And you could give Henry VIII the steammill or the SotL.

Again these are not good solutions, they are mostly band-aids.

Novgorod

The only oddity is the Pogost (replacement caravansary) which does not provide the bonus gold to cotton, etc. that the caravansary does via CBP. However the Pogost generates extra gold and production via incoming trade routes so its not a big deal.

Nri

Harmony of Ani UA (spend faith to influence city states) does not work - assumed to be due to CSD.

No war with civs following religion until industrial era UA works and is an interesting ability.

Bronze caster UB does not provide +1 production on copper like the regular forge in CBP.

The Soviet Union (Stalin)

The IS2 (replacement tank) is only 10 production cheaper than the regular tank with CBP. To make this attribute more meaningful I'd think it should be a bit cheaper.

Small spelling mistake in the Soviet Legion promotion tooltip for the IS2 - "civilizatios" instead of "civilizations."

Khazaria

Civ works very well and the Khagan Bek is a very powerful way to annihilate enemy religions.

I'm using Whoward's "Global - Commander Influence Borders" which works for Great Generals and Admirals in CBP. However the influence area for the Khagan Bek does not appear.

The Shul (replacement temple) does not provide the +1 culture from incense, wine and amber or reduce religious unrest like the regular temple in CBP.

I was able to enact the "Encourage the Isinglass Trade" decision without a coastal city. I did however have a city by a 1 tile lake. Could this explain it and is it intentional for lakes to meet the requirement?

I noticed there was no history entry for Bulan. Obviously not at all a priority however your entries are always very interesting to read and add a lot of character to the game.

America (Roosevelt)

Roosevelt as an alternate leader works however modifies CBP Washington such that Washington has both the ranch and resort UBs. Can this fixed like Norway/Denmark so that CBP Washington has only one UB?

New Deal UA works well however I would suggest considering scaling up the gold and production rewards for each enacted policy towards the end game to make it more meaningful.

The assembly plant UB grants ideology access as soon as one is constructed. This is quite different than CBP however I like it/think it fits well with Roosevelt's flavour.

CBP allows any civ taking the freedom ideology to eventually access the B-17 which is Roosevelt's UU. A bit of an overlap however this does allow Roosevelt to still access the B-17 whilst adopting Order or Autocracy. Also Roosevelt's access to the B-17 is potentially earlier than via an ideology so I think this is a reasonable trade off.

Russia (Nicholas II)

Nicholas as an alternate leader works however modifies CBP Catherine such that in Really Advanced Setup her Krepost UB does not show up.

Third Rome UA works excellently and after an early investment in faith/religion I was able to consistently lead and win Wonder races. I'd consider increasing the faith yield in the Capital from WLTKDs in other cities as it doesn't seem to contribute much and I generally forgot about it.

Opolcheniye UU works well and as described. I also received a free copy when I upgraded from Fusiliers.

The Guberniya's Office does not give the disorder reduction that CBP's constabulary does. I imagine this will be the same issue for Lenin and Stalin's Commissariats.

Thanks for these reports. I make note of everything and will fix them when I can. Although it's odd that Catherine is conflicting with Nicholas (with Peter I could understand, because he takes the Krepost and replaces it with the Banya). Are you using the individual civs, or the packs?

No worries. I'm really glad to help and bring CBP and you excellent civs closer together.

I use the individual civs every time.

Oh hey! This is a thing. Now that I've been converted into CP, I'll help test some of your civs out too! I'm definitely going to end up focusing on earlier-game ones mostly because, well, it'll take me forever to test out later stuff. But yes, I'm like to start with say...the Papal States (though CulDiv doesn't seem to be properly in order with CP to super mega push religion as them) or maybe Flanders (if the Belfast thing is fixed with Neuschwanstein...assuming that even still does the same thing, I think it actually might not anymore). Possibly Germans too. I will report back to you when I see how they all gel!

Edit: Played a little while as the Germans. Everything more or less worked as intended, just a few oddities.

1: Most noticeable but actually the least real problem is simply that all the icons for the upgraded Tribal Villages show up on the select screen and DoM, as is wont to happen with EUI. I am pretty sure people, maybe even yourself, have adjusted that to work right for other civs, so it should be simple to fix.

2: Tribal Encampments seem to be available to be built on any non-resource location, not simply forests and jungles as intended. I think CP alters terrain coding in some way, so that's liable to be it.

3: Mostly matters relevant to the tech tree. The Slaganz obsoletes at Bronze Working, I imagine since the Spearman is its new upgrade, but by default all units in CP become obsolete at the tech of the upgrade after its next one - so properly, it should obsolete at Civil Service instead, IIRC. Or maybe Steel, the way it handles Swordsmen is odd IMO. In a similar vein, the techs where you can upgrade to Tribal Villages are a bit off since Metal Casting is now in the Classical Era but Guilds and Civil Service are all the way at the end, after Chivalry. I can see why it might be appropriate to have the Iron-giving one a bit earlier, but I do know the intent was to have them all at equal points on the tech tree. Personally I'd actually recommend moving the other two back to Classical since Medieval is a liiiiittle too late, but that's your call really since you probably had them at the early Medieval for a reason.

4: I'm not actually sure if this is a bug or not - just that if German units pass through a Barbarian camp, they can actually disband it without doing anything to the units inside. It just seemed odd to me but I can see why it might actually be that way on purpose - say, for CS quests which early game are almost always clearing barbarian camps, so that diplomacy early on isn't solely a lost cause (after all I kind of see the Germans as a major-civ-angrying defensive civ more than anything, CS alliances would make sense to have). Might also be a thing with Leugi's Barbarian Enhancements. I didn't ever get into a war so I don't know if I'd actually get all their Generals for myself, I definitely ought to test that part out as well.

5: Getting ZOC on barbs, which I know has nothing to do with CP but just something I know is still a thing. Don't know if that's on purpose or just something difficult to deal with - i imagine if it's literally a hard-coded 'you are no longer in war state with barbarians' matter then you shouldn't be getting ZOC'd, but I do know the game handles barbarian diplomacy weird so I can imagine if it's not actually like that but just making them have no combat strength against you or something.

1. Not without my own selection screen UI file; Prussia, Charlemagne, Belgium, the Pope, etc. all have this problem. Would've been nice if Firaxis added a ShowInPedia tag for Buildings and Improvements, but they only did it for units.
4. Not a bug; intended.
5. Not something that I can fix, I'm afraid.

I'll make note of everything else when I add CBP support to the Germans. Thanks.

What's the matter with CulDiv and CP? Works fine for me (at least for CP alone, are you using the CBP?)

I'm using CBP and all the other things on that install page that aren't H+P. CulDiv doesn't seem to load for whatever reason - the DoM screen thingy just has the good old TXT_KEY stuff and its effects don't take place (no extra Slaganz for Germans, no extra pop as Babylon). As posted in the general compatibility thread these seem to be the most telling bits of LUA on what the issue is.

Spoiler :

[26220.975] JFD_CulDiv_StartingFunctions: IconHookup error - icon index: nil icon size: 64 atlas: nil image control: CivIcon
[26220.975] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Derek\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cultural
rsity (Core) (v 2)\Lua/JFD_CulDiv_StartingFunctions.lua:230: bad argument #1 to 'LocalizeAndSetText' (string expected, got nil)

Top Bottom