The Republic of China: 1000th Post Special

Lu Junyi because "Jade Unicorn" is a badass nickname.

Gongsun Sheng

we have a bit of a problem

so i had some free time today, and was in a mood to update, so I opened up civ and looked for the save for this story.

it turns out that, about a week ago, when i was cleaning out some old civ saves, I accidentally got rid of this one.

we have to options here

we can continue the story with a a game as china i've been doing in doc, from a 1912 save (which is around the date the IRL republic of china was declared)

or I can restart from scratch

i'll let you guys choose

What speed is the one set at?

Perfect, I would say that one then.

scratch that, I have something better...

ok, so here's what I plan to make a story out of

China, Rhyes Earth Map, Neoteric world mod, January 1965, I got 170 turns left

any comments? or does everything seem perfect

Holy balls! :eek:

I don't know, it seems too easy, considering you own most of the world :lol:

I don't know, it seems too easy, considering you own most of the world :lol:

it may at first glance

but consider this

revdcm

after I conquered babylon, I almost fell into a massive rebellion.

And since I began my conquest of europe, I havent had a moment of peace until now, so I've been kept afloat from city conquest bonuses

but now, i have a dillema

I could continue conquering throughout the world, But i would have to go commie or go broke, the former would cause most of asia to starve, the latter would sooner or latter cause a military strike

If I sit on my gains, you can bet your pants that someplace, somewhere will revolt

(hopefully not japan)

the last variable is this:

Did you see how I divided my empire? That isn't so it looks pretty, that is the amount of influence the top political parties have, political parties which you guys may now participate in, America:Write Your Own History style

This is one of the most interesting effects of the revdcm. Conquests are one of the best incomes of Stability. So if you keep conquering forever, you'll never experience revolution.

But if the conquests stop...

If someone wants to see an apocalypse world in LoR I may give you a savegame in the decade of 2030 with 2 playable nations, each with 100+ cities that are only held together because of Conquest Stability. Just wait a few turns and see what will happen to these empires if nobody conquer anything else. I was Hannibal of the Capitalist Africlaterre and the other is Gilgamesh of the Communist Ghiz.

But Ghiz has Nuclear Weaponry, while Africlaterre may have a Tactical Nuke or 2 (but maybe none, I don't remember anymore).

You should post a screenshot of that!

I take it that everything is fine with this proposed setup and I can begin with the next update?

Yeah we wanna see this empire implode into civil war

Top Bottom