BruinBound's Let's Plays

BruinBound

Warlord
Welcome!

This thread is for consolidating all video content I have made in regards to Civ V. Along with LPs, I made some short, concise guides that go over what I feel are the four pillars of deity.

Guides:
Scouting & Worker Stealing
Growth
Defense
Economy

Let's Plays:
Let's Play India - Playlist
Let's Play Celts - Playlist
Let's Play France - Playlist
Let's Play Carthage - Playlist
Let's Play America - Playlist
Let's Play Songhai - Playlist
Let's Play Zulu - Playlist
Let's Play Denmark - DCL27 - Playlist
Let's Play Babylon - Playlist
Let's Play Venice - Playlist
Let's Play Egypt - Playlist
Let's Play Inca - Playlist
Let's Play Shoshone - Playlist

If you enjoy these Let's Plays, please leave a like on Youtube. I never ask for likes in my videos but they absolutely make a difference and it helps other players find the videos!

If anyone has any suggestions for future LPs, I would be happy to hear them and do my best to oblige.

It could be:
  • Victory type
  • Map type
  • Civ I chose or a specific set of competitors
  • Policy trees I follow
  • Any other requests that could lead to an interesting game...

I'm up for any challenge, even if I go down in flames! That could be entertaining in of and itself. Don't be shy ;)

You could try full honor with Aztecs(or other warmonger) or ICS style (liberty until free settler and then refomartion) with maya

Have you ever had a crack at Futurism?

Maybe Montezuma, Pangaea/Lakes, Futurism?

I'll be totally honest, I had to look futurism up to find out what it was. Then I spent a few minutes wondering if you are trying to play a prank on me and set me up for failure :(

However, I did some research and it does look interesting. It clearly would work well with a conquest style culture victory. I have already began my new "Honor" series with Askia, I will keep it in the back of my mind. If it looks doable, I may consider it. I typically would like a test game or two for ironing out the kinks, but happy to do the research also. If I do decide for a more classic domination style win in this game, I'll consider trying futurism out in the future.

Yeah, it's definitely achievable. You can either go for it mega fast, like IronFighterXXX on the Spain DCL, or just take out all the culture leaders, like I did on DCL 4.

My new series playing as Askia of Songhai is currently up!

Askia - Part 1

Askia - Part 2

I'm not terribly experienced in domination style games so hoping the warmonger community can take some time away from killing ants and offer some advice.

I'm planning on getting some crossbows set up with supporting Mandekalu Cavalry (eventually). I'm not too far away from machinery and getting my first war started. However, its not super obvious to me who I should start with. Both have advantages and disadvantages, right before the end of Part 2 I say where my heads at. Hoping for some feedback on which route will give me the best success!

Hey BruinBound!

Wanted to shout out that I'm appreciative of you openness to experimenting (liberty/honor, not only tradition). It's been a while since I've checked out your channel and I was happily surprised! Will definitely be watching the latest LPs as soon as I grab some beers and work out a nice strategy for doing a bit of early domination with Greece and later transitioning into diplomacy.

Anyways, thanks again man!

I wanted to do an Honor-Commerce-Autocracy with Songhai. The last video is now up:
Part 8

Any advice from the domination pros would be helpful (consentient maybe you can take a look). A fresh pair of eyes telling me where I went wrong and what I could have done differently would be helpful.

Top Bottom