Leonardo's Workshop World Wonder

LeeS

Imperator
Leonardo's Workshop World Wonder

Steam Mod Page
CivFanatics Download DataBase

Spoiler Civilopedia :

Effects
  • Five (5) units or 15% of your land combat units (whichever number is larger) will be upgraded on construction of the wonder.
  • A unit must be within your territory, you must have the required tech for the unit upgrade, and you must have the required resources before an individual unit will be upgraded. If you do not have enough qualifying units within your territory, as many as possible will be upgraded, but you will lose the free upgrading for the unused remainder.
  • After contructing the wonder, until researching the Replaceable Parts technology, one additional unit will be upgraded every time you research a tech that unlocks a new land combat unit type. If you have no qualifying units within your territory, you lose the free unit upgrade.
  • No single unit can be free upgraded more than once, and Roman Legions and Japanese Samurai are never upgraded by Leonardo's Workshop.
  • The wonder also provides a 10% bump to military units produced in the city, and gives +2 Science and +2 Prodcution. These effects all expire when you discover Replaceable Parts. The wonder also gives 1 great engineer GPP per turn and 1 Culture point per turn in the city where it is constructed, and these effects do not expire.
  • The wonder requires 425 hammers and is unlocked by the Machinery Tech.
Expansion Requirments
  • The mod requires the Brave New World expansion. Niether Vanilla nor Gods and Kings will work properly for this mod.
Screencaps
Spoiler Archer before Upgrading :

Spoiler Comp Bowman after Upgrading :

Spoiler Explaining the Extra Comp Bowman Promotion :
  • Note in the screencap showing the Archer and the Composite Bowman that due to the techs and resources I had at the time the wonder was completed, I had only the one unit (the Archer) that was capable of being upgraded. Finishing Leonardo's Workshop resulted in the upgraded Composite Bowman, but the Warrior off to the one side was never upgraded because I had neither Iron available nor the Iron Working tech.
  • And yes, I cheated the test game along to give me a condition of this sort to show that (a) the wonder does indeed upgrade units, and (b), it does not upgrade units you could not otherwise upgrade based on the tech you have and the resources you have.
Which Units Will Be Upgraded
  • The code of the mod will look for all units that can be upgraded, and out of those it will tend to pick the most obsolete of those units. But, if, say, both a Warrior and a Horseman can be upgraded, it will be a bit of a crapshoot as to which will be chosen.
  • Roman Legions and Japanese Samurai are excluded from ever being upgraded by the mod because of their rather unique abilities, and I did not want to steal out from under any player the ability to make use of those abilities as a result of constructing the wonder. The AI's don't really use these two units properly anyway, so for them it is a bit of a moot point.
Mods Compatibility
  • The mod should be compatible with pretty much any other mod except those that make large changes to the tech tree.
  • Mods that add custom units to the game will be automatically compensated for by the mod, and such units will qualify for upgrading.
  • Using IGE to 'cheat-build' the mod: because of the method I am using to detect when the wonder is completed, this will not work. Hurrying the Wonder with a Great Engineer will always work, as it does for any other Wonder.

Mod Updates:
  • Version 5: 15Apr2015: Updated to fix an issue where if a Recon Unit was in the player's territory it could cause a real-time error-out of the code and halt execution of the unit upgrading process.

Attachments

• CompBowmanMarked.jpg
    CompBowmanMarked.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 3,242
Looks great :) I get the Roman Legions but why won't it upgrade the Samurai though?
Because Samurai have the ability to build fishing boats. Not fair to the player to steal that out from under them by auto-upgrading.

• For those still playing-out in-progress games under Version 4, you can hotpatch fix the issue addressed in V5 by downloading this file from Mediafire:
    1. Download the file
    2. Copy the file to the folder ~Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Leonardos Workshop (v 4)\LUA
    3. Let the file over-write the previous one
    4. You can close out your browser and start up your saved game and everything will work fine
    5. When you complete your current game, allow Steam to Update your mod to V5, or follow the link in the OP to download V5 from the CivFanatics Download Database

Top Bottom