Gurra's Minor Mods

Gurra09

Emperor
This thread is a collection of minor mods of mine that don't really warrant having their own thread. I hope they are of use to someone. :)

Aztec UA Revisited - Faith From Kills
Download: CivFanatics - Steam Workshop
This is a simple mod changing the Aztec UA to generate faith from killed enemy units instead of culture, the way it is designed in the Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario.

The "culture from kills" ability has been completely removed from the Aztecs with this mod, and can now only be gained through adopting the Honor policy tree.

Spoiler screenshot of new Aztec UA :

The mod was designed for and is compatible with the Brave New World expansion. Whether or not it is compatible with Gods and Kings I am not sure, but I doubt it as I believe the faith from kills XML snippet was added with the BNW update that came along with the CotNW Deluxe Scenario.
City Lists Reversed
Download: Steam Workshop
City Lists Reversed turns the city lists of civilizations upside down completely, resulting in cities you have never seen before being built.

Get ready for the new American capital Le Bam, or Tenerife, capital of Spain! And let's not forget the mighty Greek city of Apolyton.
Longer City/Unit/Religion Names
Download: CivFanatics - Steam Workshop
In my opinion, the game has a ridiculously low character limit for names. Especially since some of the pre-existing city names exceed the 15 character limit. So I made this little mod which increases the character limit for city, unit, and religion names to 99 characters to allow longer names.

It does not affect save games so even if you have used the mod to give longer names to cities/units/religions you can still load the save without it.

Spoiler some very long names :

I wasn't able to allow longer leader and civilization names despite my efforts so for now those still have a 15 character limit.

I do not take any responsibility for you giving things longer names than the UI can handle without looking weird. ;)
Swedish City Names Fix
Download: CivFanatics
This mod corrects some spelling mistakes made by Firaxis when writing the city names for the Swedish civilization that came with Gods and Kings. These changes are made where found in the language versions using the Latin alphabet found in my Civ setup. I found all these errors weird since while they missed out on Swedish Å, Ä and Ö letters in three of these (and different in different translations) they got them correct in others, such as Linköping and Strängnäs.

The city names that have been corrected are:

Västerås (originally Västeräs in English)
Jyväskylä (originally Jyvaskyla in English, French, Italian and Polish)
Göteborg (originally Gothenburg in Polish)*
Örebro (originally Orebro on English, Italian and Polish)
Umeå (originally Umea in English, Spanish, Italian and Polish)

How to install and use:
1. Extract the downloaded .zip and put the Swedish City Name Fix folder in My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS
2. Enable it in Mods menu and play!

*I did not change Gothenburg/Gotemburgo to Göteborg in English/Spanish translation, which is the Swedish name for it, since sticking to translated language's name whenever there is one seems to be standard. This does not apply to Polish however, where Gothenburg apparently is not the Polish translation for it and therefore Swedish name is more appropriate (which also is how it was already done originally in French and Italian).

Last edited:
Spoiler :
In my opinion, the game has a ridiculously low character limit for names. Especially since some of the pre-existing city names exceed the 15 character limit. So I made this little mod which increases the character limit for city, unit, and religion names to 99 characters to allow longer names.

It does not affect save games so even if you have used the mod to give longer names to cities/units/religions you can still load the save without it.

Spoiler some very long names :

On my to-do list is to also allow longer leader and civilization names but I couldn't get that to work so for now those still have a 15 character limit.

You can download either here at CivFanatics or from the Steam Workshop.

I do not take any responsibility for you giving things longer names than the UI can handle without looking weird. ;)

Lol. gg

That is odd, but I have had some reports of that issue on Steam. What you can do is if you have or download an archiver program like 7-zip you can extract the .civ5mod file like it was any other archive.

Remember to extract the .civ5mod into its own folder because otherwise you'll end up with the files loose all over your MODS folder and that won't work. :p

Alright, it seems to work now! Thanks!

Now, I can finally create the religion of The Cult of the Worship of the Mighty and Wonderful Goddess Megami-Hime! ... what do you mean I have a god complex? Nonsense!

I just submitted to the Steam Workshop and the downloads database here on CivFanatics a new mod that changes the premise of the Aztec UA to give them faith from killed enemy units instead of culture, much like in the Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario. Details in the first post. (I was actually surprised when I couldn't find any mod like it on the Workshop. I made mine several months ago but refrained from uploading because I just assumed there was already an identical one out there.)

You might wonder why I'm posting that here in the Longer City/Unit/Religion Names thread, but since both are minor mods I thought it better to keep one thread for all and any minor mods I make instead of spreading them out. So I'm converting this one to a Gurra's Minor Mods thread, and hopefully the moderator I contacted about it is willing to rename the title apparently it has already been renamed.

Edit: I also added an older mod of mine, Swedish City Names Fix, which has been on the downloads database for quite a while, since I thought it fit under the title Gurra's Minor Mods too. I'm considering uploading it to the workshop aswell.

Top Bottom