1066: Year of Viking Destiny Deluxe

JFD

Kathigitarkh
1066: Year of Viking Desinty Deluxe

Download | Subscribe
Requirements: Brave New World, Gods & Kings, Denmark DLC

The Denmark - The Vikings was a DLC released on 3 May 2011 for Civilization V. It added the Danish civilization and a scenario.

1066: Year of Viking Destiny Deluxe is an updated version of the scenario originally included in the Denmark DLC. It includes updated game mechanics, according to the changes made to the game since the original DLC's release, as well featuring a new Civilization and minor changes to existing Civilizations.
.​

Please only use non-gameplay altering mods with this scenario (e.g. Community Patch, Cultural Diversity, More Luxuries, etc.).

Scenario Changes
  • Updated for G&K mechanics, including Espionage (1 Spy from game start) and 100-HP based combat.
  • New Civilization: Scotland
  • Misc changes to Normandy, England, Denmark, and Norway, including the addition of a second unique unit.
  • To compensate for the changes in Gold generation, England now begins with a Market in Warwick and Stafford, and a few extra pre-built Trading Posts.
  • Updated Normandy, England, and Norway to use Janboruta's artwork.
  • Two new City-States added to bring the total to 10 (one replacing Scotland)
  • Added era-sensitive Great General/Admiral list.
  • Civilization and City-State borders now expand across the entire map, according to approximate historical borders. The patchy borders of the vanilla map were grotty.
  • Can now continue after the Domesday Book has been completed

Credits
Janboruta: Various Artwork
Leugi: Clan Castle Graphics
Zwei833: Gallowglass Graphics
Pouakai: Original Author of Scotland

So that's why you just released a new Normandy civ. :)

I honestly didn't think a war-only scenario could be improved (mainly because it's just war), but you have proved me wrong. This sounds amazing! :D

And remember, if you need any suggestions for an Into the Renaissance Deluxe Scenario, just send me a PM ;)

Quick update; thanks to Tarcisio for pointing out some of the problems.

• Added a couple of Composite Bowman for Scotland's start
  • Fixed an issue where Normandy, Anglo-Saxons, and Scotland embarkation graphics were Longboats
  • Removed some of the roads leading from York to nowhere, which were otherwise just wasting gold
  • Replaced Norway's starting Bersekers with Viking Raiders. (oversight)
  • Scotland now receives extra gold instead of new recruits every so often (like Anglo-Saxons)
  • Fixed an issue where the Shire Court could not be constructed. (oversight)

I wonder: what do I need a spy for? Research is disabled, and rigging CS elections would be a bit... Inaccurate...
Also: you really need to release an expansion pack. You basically revise the entire game.

Hail the Modempire! Hail His Modimperial Modesty! Hail the JFDeus!

I wonder: what do I need a spy for? Research is disabled, and rigging CS elections would be a bit... Inaccurate...

Why inaccurate? Foreign envoys always could ensure a petty ruler's loyalty. And the singe spy could help out with line of sight during sieges, and to scout out if the enemies build Shire Courts.

Feedback!(played until mid game with Scotland, then started a game as Normandy)

Suggested changes:
Not everyone should be locked at war with each other. Sweyn shouldn't be at war at the start of the game, Norway and Scotland aren't supposed to be fighting with each other.

Scotland
UA: Scottish Clans
Enemies gain no :c5strength: defensive bonuses against your units. Units gain extra :c5strength: combat strength and XP while fighting from\on a hill.

UI: Clan Castle
+2 :c5gold: gold. Reduces the :c5production: production and :c5gold: gold cost of units by 15% when worked.

UU: War Band
Replaces longswordsman. does not require iron.

Normandy
UA: Castle builders
Melee units may build Motte and Baileys at the same time it takes workers to build forts. :c5occupied: Conquered cities experience no resistance time and start with a castle.

UU: Supermarine Horsefighter
Replaces knight. Unlocked at Civil service. Provides double flanking bonus, and has no penalty vs. Cities.

I’m so excited to try this! A couple months ago I tried to play the original one for the first time. I was about to be attacked by a menacing-looking Huscarl and I thought I was in big trouble. But it only did 5 points of damage which I thought was rather tame . . . until I realized the scenario was still using the 10HP system and my unit was half dead :( When I get home from work, I’ll have to throw on Led Zeppelin’s Immigrant Song and give this a spin. EDIT: Or Jethro Tull's Broadsword, depending on who I'm playing as.

Don't use Normandy. Its underpowered. Use Norway. Its the opposite.

JFD, again, why Normandy can't train their unique knights?

When a MOD says it references another MOD is that MOD included or is it recommended to use it.

Top Bottom